Start by marking “Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras, #5)” as Want to Read:
Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras, #5)

Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras #5)

Dear Readers,

I had heard the gossip. Who in London hadn't? But whether or not the elusive Venus Duras would favor one of her numerous suitors didn't concern me. After all, I had a surfeit of obliging lovers. And then I bumped into her. Literally.

She was utterly enchanting, the most dazzling creature I had ever seen. I knew she had to be mine. But she was aware of my reput
Mass Market Paperback, 293 pages
Published May 2nd 2000 by Bantam Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Legendary Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legendary Lover

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo JohnsonStJohnDuras5TitlebySueBee_zps031af524.jpg
 photo SJD5AbySueBee_zpsefce035e.gif
 photo SJD5BbySueBee_zps428ee31c.gif
★★★★★! St. John-Duras series, book 5 of 5. Jack Fitz-James, Marquis of Redvers & fiercely independent & sexually liberated Venus Duras' game of seduction turns complicated!

UK EDITION SERIES INFO & REVIEW
St. John-Duras series
Book 5
Formats: Kindle & paperback for both US/UK

The St John-Duras series takes us all across Europe introducing us to the St. John and Duras families. Book 1 starts off with Sinjin St. John, the Duke of Seth one of the most provoking alpha heroes –
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Book 5
Formats: Kindle & paperback for both US/UK

Angie
Aug 19, 2016 Angie rated it did not like it
Terrible book. Not much story but everyone hopping in and out of bed with whoever. There are way too many good books to waste my time reading this one.
Tabetha Waite
Aug 18, 2014 Tabetha Waite rated it it was ok
Didn't care for this book. I thought the plot was non-existent and the dialogue was weak. Not my cup of tea :(
PurplyCookie
Apr 29, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantica
"Legendary Lover" is a wonderfully light novel about sex, society, and secrets in nineteenth century England--indeed about the only book in the Duras series that I actually liked. Venus Duras (Pasha's daughter) and Jack - the Marquis of Redvers are attracted hypnotically to each other from the start of the book - and showers of sparks flew between them with their witty and quirk innuendos and dialogues. Johnson is known for her inventive love scenes, and this book certainly doesn't lack in that ...more
Rupmala
Jul 15, 2015 Rupmala rated it really liked it
this is a review long overdue....i think i read this book way back when i was a teen, i thought it was this awesome romance book about marques and duchess etc..
but boy was i wrong, this was some romance lol.
i dont know if trashy suits it, but definitely some fetishes happening here, kind of out of world sex and so on.
even though i remember the story not being so bad, it was still a good read.

however when it came to romance, not sure whether to run away hiding or continue....
it sure can have yo
Nessa
Apr 19, 2016 Nessa rated it liked it
After reading too many Johnson books, the storyline of each new story is often repetitive it becomes a bore!

This one was no different and it felt like the shortest read and rather cliché I had skipped the unimportant parts. The ending had no epilogue which is a touch sad because it became abrupt. There was no significant emotional value here other than lust between the characters that evolved to their version of love.
Barbara
Dec 07, 2008 Barbara rated it did not like it
I'm a little ashamed to even have this on my "read" shelf. I noticed it had a lot of 4 and 5 Star ratings and I literally had to double check the book I was reading... (or was trying to read), I guess that's what makes this forum so great, everyone has and is able to share there own opinion, and in my opinion it was really, really bad.
Stephanie
May 06, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
I have a category on my Kindle called "Trashy Romances," and this certainly fit the bill. The story is a little (a lot?) contrived in spots. You're now wondering why I said I liked it, and the truth is - at least to me - what saves it is there's some great dialogue and a delightfully strong female lead.
Ahi
Mar 20, 2012 Ahi rated it it was amazing
Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're one of those person who does not like their book to be filled with sex...then don't touch this book...if you're looking for hot stuff from starting to finish mmmmmm...is all i can say!
Kayleen
Mar 03, 2010 Kayleen rated it liked it
This was a pleasant story. It didn't live up to all its steamy reviews, but I did like a strong female lead without her being clumsy, ditsy, rebellious or in need of a rescuer for a change. Just a strong, smart woman. It was refreshing.
Carrie Olguin
May 27, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it did not like it
DNF.

Erotica format with more sex than story.

The main characters are bland and I'm not even certain there's an actual plot.
Patti
Sep 15, 2010 Patti added it
Great book!
Jenny
Dec 08, 2011 Jenny rated it really liked it
I love Susan Johnson. This isnt the best one I have read of hers, but decent
Mitzi
Book 5 in St. John Series.
Isabel Mansfield
Jun 21, 2012 Isabel Mansfield rated it really liked it
A favorite author of mine
LemontreeLime
Jan 20, 2011 LemontreeLime rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finishing
too much throbbing and other euphemisms for me. cant read it.
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2012
Teri
Teri rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2011
Malinda
Malinda rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Elizabeth Cortez
Elizabeth Cortez rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Marsha
Marsha rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Shani
Shani rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2011
Texndahlin
Texndahlin rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2009
S Williams
S Williams rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2011
Katie Lee
Katie Lee rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2013
  • Delighted
  • Notorious
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • Complete Abandon
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • The Heartbreaker (Maker, #4)
  • Savage Heat
  • Flawless (The Christies, #1)
  • Vixen (V, #3)
  • Dancing with Clara (Sullivan, #2)
  • A Breath of Scandal (Sin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Pleasure Seekers
  • Lessons From a Courtesan
  • Beyond Seduction (Beyond Duet, #2)
  • This Wicked Man
And it all began rather serendipitously. Long ago, as they say, in another time, when fast food hadn't reached our area and the only shopping was what the feed mill offered, I was reading a book that annoyed me .

My husband was lying beside me in bed, watching TV. Turning to him, I sort of petulantly said, "How the hell did this book get published?"

"If you think you're so smart," he replied, with
More about Susan Johnson...

St. John-Duras (5 books)
  • Sinful (St. John-Duras, #1)
  • Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2)
  • Taboo (St. John-Duras, #3)
  • A Touch of Sin (St. John-Duras, #4)