Start by marking “Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras, #5)” as Want to Read:
Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras, #5)

Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras #5)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dear Readers,
I had heard the gossip. Who in London hadn't? But whether or not the elusive Venus Duras would favor one of her numerous suitors didn't concern me. After all, I had a surfeit of obliging lovers. And then I bumped into her. Literally.
She was utterly enchanting, the most dazzling creature I had ever seen. I knew she had to be mine. But she was aware of my repu
Published May 2nd 2000 by Bantam Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Legendary Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legendary Lover

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo JohnsonStJohnDuras5TitlebySueBee_zps031af524.jpg
 photo SJD5AbySueBee_zpsefce035e.gif
 photo SJD5BbySueBee_zps428ee31c.gif
! St. John-Duras series, book 5 of 5. Jack Fitz-James, Marquis of Redvers & fiercely independent & sexually liberated Venus Duras' game of seduction turns complicated!

UK EDITION SERIES INFO & REVIEW
St. John-Duras series
Book 5
Formats: Kindle & paperback for both US/UK

The St John-Duras series takes us all across Europe introducing us to the St. John and Duras families. Book 1 starts off with Sinjin St. John, the Duke of Seth one of the most provoking alpha heroes – ever
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

St. John-Duras series
Book 5
Formats: Kindle & paperback for both US/UK

PurplyCookie
"Legendary Lover" is a wonderfully light novel about sex, society, and secrets in nineteenth century England--indeed about the only book in the Duras series that I actually liked. Venus Duras (Pasha's daughter) and Jack - the Marquis of Redvers are attracted hypnotically to each other from the start of the book - and showers of sparks flew between them with their witty and quirk innuendos and dialogues. Johnson is known for her inventive love scenes, and this book certainly doesn't lack in that ...more
Tabetha Waite
Didn't care for this book. I thought the plot was non-existent and the dialogue was weak. Not my cup of tea :(
Barbara M.
I'm a little ashamed to even have this on my "read" shelf. I noticed it had a lot of 4 and 5 Star ratings and I literally had to double check the book I was reading... (or was trying to read), I guess that's what makes this forum so great, everyone has and is able to share there own opinion, and in my opinion it was really, really bad.
Stephanie
I have a category on my Kindle called "Trashy Romances," and this certainly fit the bill. The story is a little (a lot?) contrived in spots. You're now wondering why I said I liked it, and the truth is - at least to me - what saves it is there's some great dialogue and a delightfully strong female lead.
Kayleen
This was a pleasant story. It didn't live up to all its steamy reviews, but I did like a strong female lead without her being clumsy, ditsy, rebellious or in need of a rescuer for a change. Just a strong, smart woman. It was refreshing.
Ahi
Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're one of those person who does not like their book to be filled with sex...then don't touch this book...if you're looking for hot stuff from starting to finish mmmmmm...is all i can say!
Carrie Olguin
DNF.

Erotica format with more sex than story.

The main characters are bland and I'm not even certain there's an actual plot.
Victoria Blacke
Too much sex! Yes, I said it! While I love a steamy sex scene I do like at least the pretext of a storyline.
Jesse
I am usually not a big romance reader, but this book I loved. I would recommend it for anyone.
Jenny
I love Susan Johnson. This isnt the best one I have read of hers, but decent
LemontreeLime
too much throbbing and other euphemisms for me. cant read it.
Isabel Mansfield
A favorite author of mine
Patti
Sep 15, 2010 Patti added it
Great book!
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Skwadd
Skwadd added it
Apr 20, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 18, 2015
Fatima Veronica
Fatima Veronica marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Kikilauren
Kikilauren marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Lizzy Bridgeton
Lizzy Bridgeton marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
  • Delighted
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • Complete Abandon
  • Ravished
  • The Heartbreaker (Maker, #4)
  • Vixen (V, #3)
  • The Pleasure Seekers
  • Surrender to a Scoundrel (American Heiresses, #6)
  • Upon a Wicked Time
  • Savage Heat
  • Lessons From a Courtesan
  • A Breath of Scandal (Sin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Tiger Prince
And it all began rather serendipitously. Long ago, as they say, in another time, when fast food hadn't reached our area and the only shopping was what the feed mill offered, I was reading a book that annoyed me .

My husband was lying beside me in bed, watching TV. Turning to him, I sort of petulantly said, "How the hell did this book get published?"

"If you think you're so smart," he replied, with
More about Susan Johnson...

St. John-Duras (5 books)
  • Sinful (St. John-Duras, #1)
  • Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2)
  • Taboo (St. John-Duras, #3)
  • A Touch of Sin (St. John-Duras, #4)
Sinful (St. John-Duras, #1) Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1) Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2) Pure Sin Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)