Start by marking “Rycerze Złotego Runa” as Want to Read:
Rycerze Złotego Runa

Rycerze Złotego Runa (Le Cycle de Louvigny #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Les enfants de la bande à Gaby ne possèdent qu'un trésor : un vieux cheval à roulettes qui leur permet de dévaler la rue dans de grands éclats de rire. Mais un trésor attire forcément des voleurs, ce qui entraînera les enfants dans une aventure plutôt cocasse !
Published 1962 by Klub Siedmiu Przygód (first published June 1955)

To ask other readers questions about Rycerze Złotego Runa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rycerze Złotego Runa

Elizabeth
Jun 24, 2008 Elizabeth added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Gramma
Shelves: en-francais
In English, The Horse Without a Head is one of my top ten favorite books EVER. Ever. I must have read it about 40 times in English; this is the second time I've read it in French. Having read 3 or 4 novels en francais in the past year, I think it's fair to say that the prose here is the most difficult I've come across--full of slang and technical terms (the setting is brutally urban, a busy rail junction and industrial area in post world-war-two Parisian slums), and the plot is so darn full of t ...more
Elizabeth
Inspector Sinet took a good look at her. She was an odd sort of girl, not yet twelve and wretchedly poor, and yet there was something about her that made you think twice. She was worth having on your side.

For STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS, no one EVEN COMES CLOSE to Marion Fabert. You just can’t beat her. 1955, in too-short skirt and cut-down man’s jacket, gold fringe beneath a black beret — the gang’s treasurer, tough as nails, vet to every dog in Louvigny, with a dozen dog patients kept in cast-off
Tyas
I didn't even know that this book had been re-released (I've read this when I was a child, and I still have my old, battered copy with me!). It deserves it, because it's truly entertaining, and outstanding because it's not really about children going happily on a vacation and get involved in an unexpected adventure, or of unfortunate children under pressure who suddenly find that there's some Destiny waiting for them... anyway.

The story is about some poor children living in a slum area, who don
Pavel
Small gang of poor, suburb, post WWII children are getting back their toy horse, which was mysteriously stolen by some suspiciois adults.
The book is very wordy, excessive in details, not entirely thought out in the way story progresses. Another obvious flaw is that the children characters are somewhat cheesy: all of them are only brave or funny and thoughtfull and nothing else. Also me and Sonya knew what will happen with the horse from the beggining, it was obvious. But still, the book had some
Clare O'Beara
I read this a few times as a child. The kids would be allowed to roam the streets of Paris in a gang, all hours of day and night, they would regularly break into a warehouse where all kinds of stuff was piled up that nobody seemed to come back for, and every dog in the city came when one girl whistled.

But it was an adventure and we were short of books. I am sure it recreated the times well.
The title refers to an awful lot of money that was piled up in the warehouse, just like everything else. Th
Mathieu
J'ai un bon souvenir de ce livre, même si dans le détail je serai incapable de raconter ce qui se passe dedans. Je me souviens qu'on suit un groupe de gosses qui utilise un cheval à roulettes (sans tête, bien sûr) pour dévaler les rues en pente de... Paris ? Ou de la ville dans laquelle ça se passe en tout cas...

Sorti de ça... Il devait pourtant y avoir un peu plus pour que j'en ai gardé un bon souvenir.
Tony Derricott
A particular favourite of mine, as much for Richard Kennedy's delicate illustrations (in the English edition) as for the story.
Kris
I read this in the English translation called "The Horse without a Head". I loved the tale of the French children outwitting a gang of robbers, and the description of their lives. One of my faves as a middle reader!
Frida
I read this because Elizabeth Wein recommended it. A gang of French kids in the 50s taking on a gang of robbers. Mystery and mayhem. Kids Solving Things. I liked it. (I read it in Swedish.)
Sarah Sammis
This book reminded me in passing of Postern of Fate, the very first Christie mystery I ever read.
Cherry
Cherry marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Audrey Hammond
Audrey Hammond marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Flowers
Flowers marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Katerina Stournara
Katerina Stournara marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Christina Packard
Christina Packard marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paul Berna, est le pseudonyme le plus connu de Jean-Marie-Edmond Sabran (21 février 1908, Hyères - 19 janvier 1994, Paris), écrivain français du XXe siècle.
More about Paul Berna...
Flood Warning The Clue of the Black Cat Mystery Of Saint Salgue The Street Musician (Le Cycle de Louvigny, #2) Лошадь без головы