Start by marking “Bloodchild” as Want to Read:
Bloodchild

Bloodchild

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  199 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Will lies in a deserted lane. All he knows is that he's had an accident & that his life is slipping away. Against all the odds he survives - but with an almost total loss of memory. He does not even know himself. At night he is tormented by visions, in the daytime by hostile strangers. Why does he have so many enemies?
Published May 1st 2009 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodchild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodchild

Corey Jensen
Tim Bowler definitely has a talent for telling stories, and this one is an enjoyable one. From the moment Will wakes up without his memory the novel has you turning pages trying to figure out what happens next. The reason why I gave novel a three is because I could get into the characters. I am totally a character person. I read books to become friends with someone unique and someone I can relate to. Bloodchild did not meet those needs. With that said, the story is amazing, and if you read for s ...more
Elizabeth_
May 10, 2014 Elizabeth_ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will is knocked over by a car and then drifts around in the space between before he wakes up after a few days. When he wakes up, he cannot remember anything, not even his parents. The girl with the long black hair and striking blue eyes that he saw in the space between haunts him though. He sees Crow, the homeless man who lives on the beach and the little boy named Muck. Beth tells him that he was on the verge of finding out vital information from Crow before he was knocked over. Muck reminds hi ...more
SsRs
Jun 15, 2014 SsRs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim Bowler is one of the great teenage authors today, and in "Bloodchild" he has beautifully combined a crime matter with superstition. He reveals nothing up to the end and during the book he mesmerizes the reader so that each time you put it down you want to start reading again. The major part of the book is based on conversations that are enjoyable to read.
Within most of the first half, the author has taken his time introducing different characters, so one has to be patient until something hap
Nella
May 06, 2012 Nella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Femtonårig Will minns ingenting. Inte ens sitt eget namn. Han har blivit påkörd av en bil och tappat minnet, men när hans föräldrar tar med honom tillbaka hem så krävs det inget minne för att han ska märka att någonting är fruktansvärt fel i den lilla byn. Människorna är misstänksamma och fientliga, han ser hemska syner och någon i byn tycks rent av vara ute efter att döda honom.
Men Will har bestämt sig: han ska ta reda på vad som har hänt i byn, vilka skuggansiktena i hans syner är och varför
Polly Todd
Apr 26, 2010 Polly Todd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Older teenagers
Recommended to Polly by: Lancashire Book of the Year
Will has to piece his life back together after suffering from amnesia. Gradually he manages to put together the different pieces of the puzzle together to solve the mysterious "sickness" that he feels is in the community.
I found that this book was a real mystery story as I was discovering links and learning about the different characters with Will. An excellent twist on the detective style story. His special heightened intuition is interpreted differently by the people he interacts with, and at
Amy
Dec 09, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Before I start my review, may I just say that the cover totally CREEPED ME OUT.

Onto the review then:
I had never read something like this in terms of plot and theme, however it did not fail to bewitch me.
I would recommend it to those who love creepy stories with a bit of a twist in the end. The book deals with a few mature-ish matters, so my age-based rating would be somewhere in the early teens, or maybe 12.
Kelsey
Feb 02, 2015 Kelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This was actually the first book by Tim Bowler I ever read, and to this day, it still remains my favourite. I was well and truly gripped right from the first page. I didn't just want to know what happened to Will; I NEEDED to know. The story itself explores some quite dark areas, which was an element of the book I really enjoyed. I won't post any spoilers here, but I can say that I definitely approved of the ending! The book as whole was superbly written and I can't recommend it enough.
Shakar Omar
Sep 17, 2015 Shakar Omar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed this book very much, my interest rising over the charts as I reached the climax near the end. This book is definitely worth reading- i would recomend this to anyone!
Samantha
Sep 19, 2010 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most mysterious and gripping novels I've read. Bowler definitely knows how to keep his readers on the edge of their seats!
Eva
an amazing book. i love the style of this author:the way he doesnt tell you everything you need to know
becky
Feb 27, 2013 becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was really good, when I was reading it I couldnt put it down :-) I would recommend it
Rachel Nowakowski
Not my favourite teen book, but it was OK.
Mehreen
Mehreen rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Tanya Mcdonald
Tanya Mcdonald rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Lisa fletcher
Lisa fletcher rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Glenda Munzhedzi
Glenda Munzhedzi rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Aayesha Fatema
Aayesha Fatema rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Leeanne
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Ahmad Syakir
Ahmad Syakir rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2015
Gold
Gold marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Chelsea Butchers
Chelsea Butchers rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Kyro
Kyro marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Gem Routledge
Gem Routledge marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Sophie
Sophie rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Beccii Louise
Beccii Louise rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Viskningen (Legenden om Ljusets rike, #1)
  • Ursäkta att man vill bli lite älskad
  • Det händer nu
  • Bara inte du
  • Forget Me Not
  • The Devil Walks
  • Inside My Head
  • Sisterland
  • Udda Verklighet (De sära, #1)
  • Sky Hawk
  • The Year the Gypsies Came
  • Kill All Enemies
  • The Vanished
  • I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • Clay
  • You Know Where to Find Me
  • The Midnight Zoo
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
192549
Tim Bowler is one of the UK’s most compelling and original writers for teenagers. He was born in Leigh-on-Sea and after studying Swedish at University he worked in forestry, the timber trade, teaching and translating before becoming a full-time writer. He lives with his wife in a small village in Devon and his workroom is an old stone outhouse known to friends as ‘Tim’s Bolthole’.

Tim has written t