Start by marking “The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (Louis L'Amour)” as Want to Read:

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  249 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
With more than 120 titles still in print, Louis L'Amour is recognized the world over as one of the most prolific and popular American authors in history. Though he met with phenomenal success in every genre he tried, the form that put him on the map was the short story. Now this great writer—Wall Street Journal recently compared with Jack London and Robert Louis Stevenson— ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 784 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Random House Large Print

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour

Nov 08, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Jennifer by: Travis Johnson and Kurt Ellison
FORK YOUR OWN BRONCOS.

One day I'll stage readings (with my coworker and cohort, Travis "Jingle Bob" Johnson) from these illustrious works of fiction during slam night at my local coffeeshop; I'll swagger in, a Stetson on my head and a waterpistol on my hip, and turn late night Monterey upside down. And then I'll probably be arrested for sheer lack of taste, but I won't care, because I'm one plumb salty hombre.
Kenneth
Great old West stories

Louis L'Amour is the premier story teller of the old West. His way of bringing to life the characters will have you turning page after page to reveal the next exciting action fill episode.
Jerry Blackerby
Feb 10, 2015 Jerry Blackerby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great collection of short stories. I had read a few of the stories in Volume 1, but none in Volume 2. I think I may have read one story in Volume 3 previously, but was not sure. There were some scenes seemed familiar, but others did not, so I reread it. There were two or three Lance Kilkinney stories, which I like. Loved it.
JD
Mar 11, 2016 JD rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-fiction
This is a very interesting collection. I had enjoyed many of these stories from other publishing, and it was a pleasure to read them again and to enjoy the ones I had not read previously.
Gail Morris
Feb 12, 2015 Gail Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of these stories I have read in other collections and many were new to me; I enjoyed each and everyone of them.
Royce Ratterman
Apr 01, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous listening for the commuter.
I thoroughly enjoyed each tales - well enacted.
Julie Davis
Watched Red River last night (Howard Hawks directed, John Wayne starred, Montgomery Clift costarred, Walter Brennen was the obligatory coot natch) and, since it was just about the perfect Western, I was jonesing for more Western. Had this sitting around and it has been filling the bill nicely, thank you. Strong men, right and wrong, brave women, etc.

Overall it was good enough but way too many of the stories seemed similar, ending with the ultimate shootout between the fellow no one thought could
John Flynn
Nov 27, 2007 John Flynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Louis L'Amour is one of the masters of the Western. In a genre that is so often defined and confined by its cliches and archetypes, he wove wonderful stories about strong men and women on the frontier. His short stories are captivating tales, and this collection is a great presentation of that. Yes, the stories follow familiar paths and can be unbearably predictable, but the journey is so well written and expertly done that the fact that you already know the destination like the back of your han ...more
Mark Burnham
Jun 08, 2016 Mark Burnham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Stories!!!!
Dad
Apr 09, 2011 Dad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the first 9 stories. They were good, but seemed to have the same plot.Good guy beats bad guys and gets the girl. Maybe I will read the other 19 stories later.
Livia
May 28, 2008 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Westerns
Shelves: louis-l-amour
This is another fabulous volume of Louis L'Amour. It's always as though your reading about real people in his short story series.
Norman Felchle
Mar 29, 2014 Norman Felchle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly the stuff I was looking for.
Now I've satisfied my craving for some good old fashioned sun-baked, dusty westerns.
Tom Tallmadge
Aug 19, 2012 Tom Tallmadge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great collection by the master story teller
Peter Charleston
Sep 21, 2014 Peter Charleston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining westerns.
Lyle Witt
Lyle Witt rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Ytyq
Ytyq marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Evan
Evan is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2016
Everett Hulsey
Everett Hulsey marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
D Bobo
D Bobo marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Christie Murillo
Christie Murillo marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Brendan Lally
Brendan Lally rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
R A S
R A S is currently reading it
May 23, 2016
Matthew  Myers
Matthew Myers is currently reading it
May 21, 2016
Dan Macdonald
Dan Macdonald rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Kristyry
Kristyry rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Judy Jackson
Judy Jackson rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
John Miatech
John Miatech rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Patrick N. Ruffing
Patrick N. Ruffing rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
  • Hunger’s Brides: A Novel of the Baroque
  • Ha'penny (Small Change, #2)
  • Anpao: An American Indian Odyssey
  • Zombies Calling
  • Hemingway on Hunting
  • Classic Westerns, 26 Zane Grey Novels
  • I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space
  • Skinner's Rules
  • Kiss, Kiss / Switch Bitch / My Uncle Oswald
  • Matt Jensen, the Last Mountain Man (Matt Jensen: The Last Mountain Man, #1)
  • The Collected Poems
  • The Essential Cuisines of Mexico: Revised and updated throughout, with more than 30 new recipes.
  • Selected Tales and Sketches
  • Hemingway
  • The Giant Joshua
  • Love, Death, and the Changing of the Seasons
  • The Unforgiven
-Wikipedia
More about Louis L'Amour...

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour (7 books)
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories