Start by marking “The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (Louis L'Amour)” as Want to Read:

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  8 reviews
With more than 120 titles still in print, Louis L'Amour is recognized the world over as one of the most prolific and popular American authors in history. Though he met with phenomenal success in every genre he tried, the form that put him on the map was the short story. Now this great writer—Wall Street Journal recently compared with Jack London and Robert Louis Stevenson— ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 784 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Random House Large Print

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour

Julie Davis
Watched Red River last night (Howard Hawks directed, John Wayne starred, Montgomery Clift costarred, Walter Brennen was the obligatory coot natch) and, since it was just about the perfect Western, I was jonesing for more Western. Had this sitting around and it has been filling the bill nicely, thank you. Strong men, right and wrong, brave women, etc.

Overall it was good enough but way too many of the stories seemed similar, ending with the ultimate shootout between the fellow no one thought could
John Flynn
Louis L'Amour is one of the masters of the Western. In a genre that is so often defined and confined by its cliches and archetypes, he wove wonderful stories about strong men and women on the frontier. His short stories are captivating tales, and this collection is a great presentation of that. Yes, the stories follow familiar paths and can be unbearably predictable, but the journey is so well written and expertly done that the fact that you already know the destination like the back of your han ...more
FORK YOUR OWN BRONCOS.

One day I'll stage readings (with my coworker and cohort, Travis "Jingle Bob" Johnson) from these illustrious works of fiction during slam night at my local coffeeshop; I'll swagger in, a Stetson on my head and a waterpistol on my hip, and turn late night Monterey upside down. And then I'll probably be arrested for sheer lack of taste, but I won't care, because I'm one plumb salty hombre.
Dad
Read the first 9 stories. They were good, but seemed to have the same plot.Good guy beats bad guys and gets the girl. Maybe I will read the other 19 stories later.
Livia
May 28, 2008 Livia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Westerns
Shelves: louis-l-amour
This is another fabulous volume of Louis L'Amour. It's always as though your reading about real people in his short story series.
Norman Felchle
Exactly the stuff I was looking for.
Now I've satisfied my craving for some good old fashioned sun-baked, dusty westerns.
Tom Tallmadge
Another great collection by the master story teller
Minga Dotson
Minga Dotson marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Mehedi Tushar
Mehedi Tushar marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Nelson
Nelson marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Tanner Lambert
Tanner Lambert marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Garde Burgess
Garde Burgess marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Gl Skye
Gl Skye marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Wm Piergiovanni
Wm Piergiovanni marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
James Love
James Love marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Norman Wayne
Norman Wayne marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
  • Hunger’s Brides: A Novel of the Baroque
  • Ha'penny (Small Change, #2)
  • Anpao: An American Indian Odyssey
  • Skinner's Rules
  • The Giant Joshua
  • Zombies Calling
  • I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven
  • God's Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children
  • The Essential Cuisines of Mexico: Revised and updated throughout, with more than 30 new recipes.
  • Desert Gold
  • Vampires, Burial, and Death: Folklore and Reality
  • Selected Tales and Sketches
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space April 20, 2005
  • Kiss, Kiss / Switch Bitch / My Uncle Oswald
  • Hemingway on Fishing
  • The Collected Poems
  • Selected Poems
  • The Lady's Not for Burning
-Wikipedia
More about Louis L'Amour...
Last of the Breed The Walking Drum Hondo Sackett's Land (The Sacketts, #1) The Lonesome Gods