Start by marking “The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (Louis L'Amour)” as Want to Read:

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Seclections from the Frontier Stories: Volume III (The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  10 reviews
With more than 120 titles still in print, Louis L'Amour is recognized the world over as one of the most prolific and popular American authors in history. Though he met with phenomenal success in every genre he tried, the form that put him on the map was the short story. Now this great writer—Wall Street Journal recently compared with Jack London and Robert Louis Stevenson— ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 784 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Random House Large Print

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour

Jerry Blackerby
A great collection of short stories. I had read a few of the stories in Volume 1, but none in Volume 2. I think I may have read one story in Volume 3 previously, but was not sure. There were some scenes seemed familiar, but others did not, so I reread it. There were two or three Lance Kilkinney stories, which I like. Loved it.
Gail Morris
Some of these stories I have read in other collections and many were new to me; I enjoyed each and everyone of them.
Julie Davis
Watched Red River last night (Howard Hawks directed, John Wayne starred, Montgomery Clift costarred, Walter Brennen was the obligatory coot natch) and, since it was just about the perfect Western, I was jonesing for more Western. Had this sitting around and it has been filling the bill nicely, thank you. Strong men, right and wrong, brave women, etc.

Overall it was good enough but way too many of the stories seemed similar, ending with the ultimate shootout between the fellow no one thought could
John Flynn
Louis L'Amour is one of the masters of the Western. In a genre that is so often defined and confined by its cliches and archetypes, he wove wonderful stories about strong men and women on the frontier. His short stories are captivating tales, and this collection is a great presentation of that. Yes, the stories follow familiar paths and can be unbearably predictable, but the journey is so well written and expertly done that the fact that you already know the destination like the back of your han ...more
FORK YOUR OWN BRONCOS.

One day I'll stage readings (with my coworker and cohort, Travis "Jingle Bob" Johnson) from these illustrious works of fiction during slam night at my local coffeeshop; I'll swagger in, a Stetson on my head and a waterpistol on my hip, and turn late night Monterey upside down. And then I'll probably be arrested for sheer lack of taste, but I won't care, because I'm one plumb salty hombre.
Dad
Read the first 9 stories. They were good, but seemed to have the same plot.Good guy beats bad guys and gets the girl. Maybe I will read the other 19 stories later.
Livia
May 28, 2008 Livia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Westerns
Shelves: louis-l-amour
This is another fabulous volume of Louis L'Amour. It's always as though your reading about real people in his short story series.
Norman Felchle
Exactly the stuff I was looking for.
Now I've satisfied my craving for some good old fashioned sun-baked, dusty westerns.
Tom Tallmadge
Another great collection by the master story teller
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Glenda Obanion
Glenda Obanion marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Daryl Atwood
Daryl Atwood marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Yeti P.
Yeti P. marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Apr 16, 2015
Eric Wright
Eric Wright is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Alayna
Alayna marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Randy Dust
Randy Dust marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Philippe
Philippe marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
  • Hunger’s Brides: A Novel of the Baroque
  • Ha'penny (Small Change, #2)
  • Anpao: An American Indian Odyssey
  • Zombies Calling
  • Skinner's Rules
  • The Border Legion
  • The Essential Cuisines of Mexico: Revised and updated throughout, with more than 30 new recipes.
  • Under Kilimanjaro
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space April 20, 2005
  • I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven
  • The Lady's Not for Burning
  • Selected Tales and Sketches
  • Hemingway
-Wikipedia
More about Louis L'Amour...

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour (7 books)
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 2: Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 4: The Adventure Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 5: The Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 6: The Crime Stories (v. 6)
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 7: The Frontier Stories