Start by marking “The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3) (Primes, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3) (Primes, #2.5)

The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3) (Primes #2.5)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  2,351 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Love and magic triumph over evil in two sizzling holiday novellas. CHRISTINE FEEHAN

"Rocky Mountain Miracle"

Published November 1st 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3)

Mara
Dec 05, 2015 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, novella
I really didn't expect to love this anthology. Neither author is among my preferred, and their stories sound often weak to me.
Consider my surprise when I read Ms Feehan's novella and realized she could break the mold and write about strong women and men without any absurd bond. Her novella is the best of the two, because it maintains a dark undercurrent and doesn't solve everything with a sappy final syrup. Engaging.

The other novella was the usual fluffy and silly story of the Xmas variety. Cut
Sirenprincess
Dec 27, 2010 Sirenprincess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hurt/comfort fans, animal lovers
This book was AMAZING! I had high expectations since I (usually) enjoy Christine Feehan's writing, and the book description hinted at an abusive past for the hero. Often when I go into a book with high expectations, I'm disappointed, but this book exceeded my wildest dreams. It's honestly one of the best books I've read in a few years.

Let me start by reviewing "Rocky Mountain Miracle" by Christine Feehan. If it were possible to give 10 stars out of five, I would. If you enjoy reading hurt/comfor
Dan Curnutt
Oct 24, 2014 Dan Curnutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maia Armstrong has a gift. She is the perfect veterinarian. She seems to be able to heal any wounds on any animals. She also has an uncanny ability to calm the animals down while she works with them. So, why if she is so good does she travel from place to place filling in for other doctors? Why doesn't she have her own clinic?

Oh, and did I mention that she is beautiful? Not only that she is a great drummer. When she is not working she likes to go to the local bar and fill in with local bands as
Laura the Highland Hussy
I got this for the Susan Sizemore Primes story. She has some of my favorite vampires! (next to the Midnight Breed and BDB). But hers are a lot "lighter" stuff. Either way...this was a great story. It's a longish short story about Harry Bleythin-a werewolf PI. We've seen him, his brother, and co-workers throughout the series. I think this is considered Primes 2.5.
It takes place in a small town where some teenagers have gone missing, and the only one who has seen them recently is the local vet, M
Melinda
Oct 10, 2014 Melinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have to say that for a short story Christine Feehan did it beautifully. I loved that Maia has this power to heal yet when it comes to Cole she is stuck. Christmas and the past are two things that still haunt these two boys. One is afraid and the other hates it for the bad memories that come with it. I loved that Maia with just her laugh and sweet warmth can bring a family together. Rocky Mountain Miracle is definitely a sweet romantic holiday story and a rare
Jan
Nov 22, 2007 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Susan Sizemore: A Touch Of Harry
Susan Sizemore: A Touch Of Harry

A sweet sentimental story of a werewolf (Harry) and a human (Marj) finding missing kids and falling in love. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, being that the story was set just 2 weeks before christmas and I just happen to be reading it during the actual real time frame.
Dena
I absolutely love these women. They are unbelievable and I'm glad to add a little Christmas spirit into the Halloween season. So shifters and womanizer so oh boy.

These stories take you into their own series but add a little romance to that time of year. This is definitely recommended and won't delve into the stories because I don't want to give it away.
Belle
Nov 01, 2014 Belle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rocky Mountain Christmas by Feehan is a five star story. For a short story, it has strong character development, a fascinating plot, and a story that kept me reading in one session.

The plot is a typical tortured hero loved by a strong woman. But Feehan takes and tried and true formula and turns it into a story you won't want to put down.
Sherry Wilson
Jan 16, 2015 Sherry Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good paranormal romances obviously set at Christmas. Both stories (by different authors) are about female veterinaries with psychic abilities. Very interesting to see the way different authors develop stories on the same subject.
Renne
Nov 08, 2011 Renne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone looking for a little hope that something bad can be changed for the better,especially this time of year,crack open The Shadows of Christmas Past. Rocky Mountain Miracle by Christine Feehan and A Touch of Harry by Susan Sizemore both will leave you wanting more.
Andrea
Aug 15, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is the third time I have read this book and I enjoyed it just as much now as I did the first time I read it. Both stories were well written and compelling. I fully reconmend this book for anyone who loves paranormal romances.
Lxsrbnsn9
Dec 25, 2015 Lxsrbnsn9 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed both stories , I didn't want to put it down .
Kiki
Dec 18, 2009 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only read first story, but it was really good, really involved with really well-developed complex characters! And, i loved every minute of it!
Sylvia Honsack
May 01, 2014 Sylvia Honsack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars are not enough, simply amazing
Stacy Sabala
Nov 29, 2014 Stacy Sabala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review-The Shadows of Christmas Past by Christine Feehan

In this Rocky Mountain Miracle Cole Steele is back in the house he swore he would never set foot in again. However the old man is dead, murdered, and he is now the guardian of his half brother Jase. He and Jase are the inheritors of the ranch and the multi-millions his father had. Cole is glad the sadistic and cruel man is gone but he wonders who killed him. He, personally, was cleared of the crime, but who knows how many enemies that
Carissa Williams
A “Touch of Harry” by author Susan Sizemore is the second story in the book The Shadows of Christmas. This story focuses on Marjorie Piper and Harrison Blethyin. Marj and a minister are out together on a date when they witness a couple of men shooting at a dog and a big black wolf. The men notice them and drive away. Marj finds the wolf and discovers that the wolf and the dog have been shot with something to put them to sleep. She happens to be the town vet and brings both animals back to her ra ...more
Arlena

Book Description.....

Love and magic triumph over evil in two sizzling holiday novellas.

CHRISTINE FEEHAN — "Rocky Mountain Miracle"

"When Cole Steele, a womanizer rumored to have killed his father, meets Maia Armstrong, a veterinarian rumored to practice magic, the sparks that fly could melt all the snow on his Wyoming ranch. And when an injured horse brings them together, Cole can't help but believe that Maia casts spells on animals and men. What else could explain the burning passion he feels fo
Dianne
Nov 30, 2011 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Shadows of Christmas Past by Susan Sizemore and Christine Feehan

This is a dualogy by two disparate authors. On one hand in “Rocky Mountain Miracle “we have the typical Christine Feehan’s uber angsty and somewhat depressing males. Cole and his brother Jase had been terribly abused by their father and have no love for the Christmas season.. It takes Maia, a veterinarian who can “talk” to the animals to bring them out of their mutual misery and give them hope…along with the animals.

On the othe
Sally
Apr 28, 2010 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compilations have always seemed a bit of a disappointment to me as mostly, characters and situations can't be developed properly, but this compilation of two novellas by two of my favourite authors proved me wrong.
I would have loved to give it five stars, and Christine Feehan's contribution, Rocky Mountain Miracle deserves five stars all the way, but I found Susan Sizemore`s A Touch of Harry wasn't quite up to her normal excellent standard.

Rocky Mountain... is a fascinating study of a woman, h
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 14, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary and/or paranormal romance
Believe it or not, of the two stories in this collection, the one by Christine Feehan, 'Rocky Mountain Miracle', is the one that is not paranormal. She writes a powerful tale of a man and his teen half brother who are struggling to cope with having been abused, and the woman who can tiptoe past their trigger points straight into their hearts. There are subplots of murder suspicion and criminal threat. I only wish this story was longer.

This time around I did not re-read 'A Touch of Harry' by Susa
Natascha
This is a review for "Rocky Mountain Miracle" by Christine Feehan.

I liked it. Somewhere in between I didn't think I would, because the writing style wasn't really that great [or maybe it was the German translation], but I even got teary-eyed every now and then, and especially at the end. I liked the backstory with Cole and Jase's father, and their rough relationship. The mystery around Cole was good, too, and Maia was a likable character, as well. So, all in all, a short and sweet Christmas stor
Lisa
Oct 10, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-novels
These are not your typical feel-good Christmas stories, but that's what I liked about them. If you are an animal lover, you'll appreciate these stories. The Christine Feehan story is different from her normal paranormal fare. The story is dark, but very moving. The Susan Sizemore offering is a bit lighter in tone, and ties in to her Prime series (although the focus here is on one of the werewolves). Definitely a good read.
Cindy
Mar 27, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-e-f
This is actually two books in one. I really liked the first one and would give it 4 stars but did not like the second one as well. The first one is a story of two hald brothers who were severely abused growing up, and a vet. There were a lot of emotions and coming to terms with their lives. The second book was about humans and werewolves, and not very deep.
Hortensia
Jun 21, 2015 Hortensia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leer un libro que te gusta mucho y enterarte que es el tercero de una serie...
Ágil, con la dosis justa de drama, de romance, de situaciones extrañas, una pizca de "paranormalidad", en fin, me gustó, ahora tendré que buscar los otros para completar la colección.
JazzRizz
Oct 01, 2008 JazzRizz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2008
Feehan's story was my favorite. This is the first non-series story I've read by her, and loved it.

Sizemore is another of my favorite authors, and while her story was quite a bit shorter, I really enjoyed it.
Jackie
Two joyous stories of Christmas "miracles" that are paranormal romance gifts from two of my favorite authors. Granted they are both a bit sappy but mush is welcome as a change from intensity on occasion, plus who can resist enjoying holiday tales when it is hot outside!
Michelle
Jan 18, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sizemore story did nothing for me - bad writing, cheesy characters, shape-shifters not done well at all.
Feehan's story, though, was wonderful. Cole and Maia were terrific. He was a perfect alpha hero - needy yet tough, protective and sexy. Great Christmas story!
Awilk -never sleeps-
A typical type of story from Christine Feehan. Found that because it has been so long since I red one of her books that I enjoyed this.
The secret for me with her books is not to read them too close together. This one was perfect to start the festive season with.
Sobia
Jan 21, 2013 Sobia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 for the Feehan story, And all its' typical feehan-ness, and 2.5 stars for the Sizemore...the hero irritated, me, and I felt like I got told a lot, but didn't necessarily see any of what I got told. Oh and I haven't read anything in either series, and had no problems following along :)
Lana
Apr 19, 2013 Lana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised to find that I couldn't find this title on here. Maybe it is slotted in another book because of its length. I added it because I really enjoyed the story and wanted to promote it to others as a very good read.
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • Naughty or Nice?
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #15; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Author-2-Author #3: Christine Feehan
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

Primes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • I Burn for You (Primes, #1)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Primal Heat (Primes, #5)
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Dark Stranger (Primes, #8)
  • Primal Instincts (Primes, #9)
  • Primal Call (Primes, #10)