Start by marking “Stories for All Ages” as Want to Read:
Stories for All Ages

Stories for All Ages

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Selected and presented by one of Wilde's biggest fans, the book includes a foreword from Stephen Fry, as well as introductions to the stories themselves, explaining why they mean so much to him and why they should mean a lot to you too. llustrated by Nicole Stewart, stunning artwork accompanies each story to give shape to the reader's imagination.

Whether you know it or not
Published October 15th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stories for All Ages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories for All Ages

August Letendre
I can't help becoming misty eyed when ever I revisit: "The Nightingale and the Rose" and "The Happy Prince." This is a great book with Stephen Fry's notes. There is also an audio version of Fry reading these stories, which sounds pleasant, but I haven't listened to it beyond the preview.
SilverRaindrops
The rating for this book is a bit odd.

While I love "The Canterville Ghost" (that was my first encounter with Wilde ever), I'm not all that convinced by some of the other stories. This makes it three stars for the stories.

The paintings however were really beautiful and well-fitting, and illustrator Nicole Stewart seems to exhibit every ounce of glee in her paintings that Oscar had in his writing. This lead me to up the rating to 4 stars.

I was close to deducting the excess star again, though - fo
Charlotte
I absolutely adored this book. Reading Stephen's comments before each story made them, if possible, even more perfect. I was torn between devouring the stories in one lot, and reading one each day becaues of the immense emotional pull each one has. (As it was, I ended up reading one story a day for a few days and then just sitting down and reading the rest all in one happy, tearful lot).

The stories will haunt you. In a good way.
Kate Dutson
If I'm honest, I think I love these stories because they're written so beautifully, and in a way I try to emulate when writing myself... Despairingly melancholy in places, but with the very most "good" of intentions. The man was a genius with a silver tongue - the best kind.
Lisa H
I found these stories very interesting yet very sad. I love Wilde's style of writing but I am still undecided as to whether I would read these to my children. But that said I would read the original Grimm's to them and these stories aren't nearly as gory. Just incredibly tragic.
Filip
Filip marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Beth Keogh
Beth Keogh marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Natasha Glerup
Natasha Glerup marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Delia
Delia marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Dec 19, 2014
Hend Zamalkawia
Hend Zamalkawia marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Nastya Andreyevna
Nastya Andreyevna marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Pilar
Pilar marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Erika Paredes
Erika Paredes marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish playwright, poet and author of numerous short stories and one novel. Known for his biting wit, and a plentitude of aphorisms, he became one of the most successful playwrights of the late Victorian era in London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day. Several of his plays continue to be widely performed, especially The Importance of Being E ...more
More about Oscar Wilde...
The Picture of Dorian Gray The Importance of Being Earnest The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays   An Ideal Husband The Canterville Ghost