Start by marking “Stories for All Ages” as Want to Read:
Stories for All Ages

Stories for All Ages

Selected and presented by one of Wilde's biggest fans, the book includes a foreword from Stephen Fry, as well as introductions to the stories themselves, explaining why they mean so much to him and why they should mean a lot to you too. llustrated by Nicole Stewart, stunning artwork accompanies each story to give shape to the reader's imagination.

Whether you know it or not
Published October 15th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stories for All Ages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories for All Ages

August Letendre
Mar 20, 2015 August Letendre rated it really liked it
I can't help becoming misty eyed when ever I revisit: "The Nightingale and the Rose" and "The Happy Prince." This is a great book with Stephen Fry's notes. There is also an audio version of Fry reading these stories, which sounds pleasant, but I haven't listened to it beyond the preview.
Nathalie
May 25, 2016 Nathalie rated it really liked it
Oscar Wilde's stories for all ages' is een ideale verhalenbundel om Oscar Wilde te leren kennen. Het is een bundel van klassieke korte sprookjes en fantasievolle verhalen, gekozen en ingeleid door Stephen Fry.

De notities van Fry aan het begin van elk verhaal maken het ook interessant om verder te lezen omdat je dan meer op bepaalde dingen gaat letten. Ook het enthousiasme van Fry, een notoire Oscar Wilde - fan is enorm aanstekelijk. The Selfish Giant, The Nightingale and The Rose en The Devoted
Sovotchka
Aug 04, 2012 Sovotchka rated it really liked it
The rating for this book is a bit odd.

While I love "The Canterville Ghost" (that was my first encounter with Wilde ever), I'm not all that convinced by some of the other stories. This makes it three stars for the stories.

The paintings however were really beautiful and well-fitting, and illustrator Nicole Stewart seems to exhibit every ounce of glee in her paintings that Oscar had in his writing. This lead me to up the rating to 4 stars.

I was close to deducting the excess star again, though - fo
Charlotte
May 29, 2011 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. Reading Stephen's comments before each story made them, if possible, even more perfect. I was torn between devouring the stories in one lot, and reading one each day becaues of the immense emotional pull each one has. (As it was, I ended up reading one story a day for a few days and then just sitting down and reading the rest all in one happy, tearful lot).

The stories will haunt you. In a good way.
Lisa H
I found these stories very interesting yet very sad. I love Wilde's style of writing but I am still undecided as to whether I would read these to my children. But that said I would read the original Grimm's to them and these stories aren't nearly as gory. Just incredibly tragic.
Kate
Aug 04, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
If I'm honest, I think I love these stories because they're written so beautifully, and in a way I try to emulate when writing myself... Despairingly melancholy in places, but with the very most "good" of intentions. The man was a genius with a silver tongue - the best kind.
Kattia Mora Rivera
Apr 27, 2016 Kattia Mora Rivera rated it it was amazing
Oscar Wilde! maravillosas historias.
Liam Annis
Liam Annis rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Heikster
Heikster rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Fernando Rochaix
Fernando Rochaix rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Jemma
Jemma rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Maria B
Maria B rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2010
Artemis Ash
Artemis Ash rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Cinzia DuBois
Cinzia DuBois rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2010
Bobcesca
Bobcesca rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2010
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Deanna
Deanna rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Sophie V
Sophie V rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Anjelica
Anjelica rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Dawne
Dawne rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
john quigley
john quigley rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Ina de Bruin
Ina de Bruin rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Loesja
Loesja rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Khadija Masood
Khadija Masood rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Jeeves and the Impending Doom
  • Four Weird Tales
  • Spellhorn
  • Digger: The Complete Omnibus
  • To Ruin A Queen (Ursula Blanchard, #4)
  • The Germ Code
  • The Book of Dragons
  • East of the Sun and West of the Moon: Old Tales from the North
  • Fortunes of Richard Mahony
  • Dinosaurs
Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish playwright, poet and author of numerous short stories and one novel. Known for his biting wit, and a plentitude of aphorisms, he became one of the most successful playwrights of the late Victorian era in London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day. Several of his plays continue to be widely performed, especially The Importance of Being E ...more
More about Oscar Wilde...