Start by marking “Campus Chills” as Want to Read:
Campus Chills

Campus Chills

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Chilling tales born from the dark shadows of campuses across Canada. Featuring all original fiction by talented Canadian authors.

"Prepare to have your blood run cold, your heart race, and your brow bead with sweat: this anthology of horror stories ranges from the starkly terrifying to the tantalizingly creepy. There's magic mixed in with the chalk dust, evil lurking in the
Published October 22nd 2009 by Stark Publishing (first published October 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Campus Chills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campus Chills

CQ Anthology by Jordan Elizabeth MierekCollected Ghost Stories by M.R. JamesGreat Tales of Terror and the Supernatural by Phyllis WagnerBloody Ghost Stories by Brianna StoddardThe Lunenburg Werewolf and Other Stories of the Supernatural by Steve Vernon
Ghost Story Collections
6th out of 84 books — 32 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingFortune Calling by Hunter S. Jonesthe Arlington Alias by Dorothy May Mercer
GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!
117th out of 404 books — 302 voters

More lists with this book...

Leslie
Dec 13, 2009 Leslie rated it liked it
I'm not normally a fan of short stories, but wanted to try it again. This was good. I liked Truth Poison, Reg Cage and my favorite story in the book, Radio Nowhere. Douglas Smith is the author of Radio Nowhere and I really liked his writing style. I loved the story too. It was about a guy that lost his wife and every year on the anniversary of his loss, he kind of loses his mind. He figures out a way to bring her back, but when he gets to the point of doing that, finds out a lot about himself an ...more
Thalia
Nov 26, 2009 Thalia rated it liked it
Shelves: canadian
A quirky collection of freaky tales that happen on college/university campus' across the country. A few stand outs are "Prospero's Ghost", "Sown" and "Radio Nowhere". When I first started the book I thought these would be cool for high school students in particular but then I read "Can You See the Real Me?"...ya, maybe not for underagers....lol! My eyes bugged out of my head - I swear it!
Theresa
Nov 30, 2009 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Older teens, college age, adult
Campus Chills contains 13 tales that take place on campuses throughout Canada. They go from those that will give you tingles to the back of your neck, all the way to chilling you to the bone. Each story is a real page turner, that will hold you in their grips right up until the end.

This book was a fun and quick read that took me back to my college days. I really enjoyed the different styles of the authors, covering the classic horror to just plain creepy. Most of the stories ran of the average
Countrygirl_TN
Dec 01, 2009 Countrygirl_TN rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-on-giveaway
Wow! I must say that I couldn't wait to read this book. Set on College campuses in Canada, these 13 tales had me on the edge of my couch the entire time. Each story left me with a different feeling. After reading the first story Harbinger, I was hooked. The stories each gave me a twist at the end that I couldn't see coming. I was left wanting more.

In Harbinger, a girl sees ghosts foretelling danger but can she figure out what is gonna happen before it's too late?

Prospero's Ghost is a about a gh
Ashley
Oct 29, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Campus Chills. There's a good variety of stories throughout, from the utterly gruesome to the ones that make you wonder "what if." From your typical ghost story to the monstrosities that may be possible through science. My favourite stories in the collection were "The Forever Brotherhood" by Julie E. Czerneda, "Sara" by Nancy Kilpatrick, "Sown" by Susan Moloney and "Old Spice Love Knot" by Steve Vernon.

"Prospero's Ghost" by Kimberly Foottit and Mark Leslie was also really intere
Sheri
Nov 27, 2009 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Campus Chills is a book with 13 short stories, all in a college campus setting. All are original spooky tales, that are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression. It was hard to pick a favorite..they were all quite good. A perfect Christmas gift for your college student or anyone who loves a chilling tale.
Michael
May 21, 2010 Michael rated it it was amazing
Campus chills is an excellent collection of chilling college-themed tales of the supernatural by some of today's top authors. Highly recommended.
Amelie-reads
I have mixed feelings about this book. Some of its stories are good enough to cause some horror in you, other are just way too simple and dull (I admit I left one of the stories unread because it was too tedious and I had no interest at all in that one). But overall, I think it was pretty entertaining.
Joan
Mar 20, 2016 Joan rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I enjoyed this book with different stories of horror by various authors on college life. If you like your horror with different creatures to scare you this is the book to read.
Eliza Jones
Jun 01, 2015 Eliza Jones added it
Shelves: dnf
After finishing the first story, I decided it was too scary for me and didn't read more.
Christopher Munroe
Jan 13, 2014 Christopher Munroe rated it really liked it
...a book of short horror fiction by Canadian authors set at public universities? Well, that's weirdly specific, but okay!!!

This compilation is quite good, in the way that short-fiction compilations tend to be. Several of the stories were incredible, a couple were awful and the rest were in between. Still, overall I was pleased with this, it's an interesting conceit for a theme compilation filled with interesting takes on the premise, and if you like horror you'll likely enjoy it too.
Amanda
Dec 12, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was so excited to read this book! When I received it in the mail I immediately sat down and started reading. The book is about creepy tales from college campuses in Canada. The stories I read were completely unique and caught my attention fast. The stories range from ghosts to werewolves to mutant creations. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!
Gayle Noble
Feb 06, 2014 Gayle Noble rated it liked it
Recommended to Gayle by: Archaeology, History, Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, Forensics, Depeche Mode, Supernatural (the TV series), Reading, Academic Study, Playing Tomb Raider games
Shelves: horror-ghost
A real mix here of I would say unsettling rather than horror stories. Some were better than others but I really enjoyed "Harbinger", "The Forever Brotherhood", "Sown" and "In Pursuit of Dreams". A good book to read on a rainy day.
Rebecca
Oct 16, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Some shorts were very good some were not so good.I have discovered a few new authors I would like to read more of, That is the joy of anthology's.
Chartreuse
Liked some of the stories, but most were a bit boring.
Linda
Feb 23, 2013 Linda rated it it was ok
Some of the stories were mildly frightening but most were slow and boring.
Megan King
Megan King marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Rebecca Huddle
Rebecca Huddle marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Noah Nichols
Noah Nichols marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Marc Simbahan
Marc Simbahan rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Dr.Mandi
Dr.Mandi marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Wani Ray
Wani Ray marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Megan Murdock
Megan Murdock marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Judith Stanton
Judith Stanton marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Michelle Standeven
Michelle Standeven marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Myrissa Ford
Myrissa Ford marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Amandak
Amandak marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
  • The Bitten Word
  • Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death
  • Modern Magic: Tales of Fantasy and Horror
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror 2010
  • Call to the Hunt
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Otherworld Primer
  • By Blood We Live
  • Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary
  • The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
  • Like a Charm
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 (Otherworld Stories, #8.1; The Chronicles of the Black Company 0.3)
Mark is a writer, editor and bookseller who was born and grew up in Sudbury, spent many years in Ottawa and currently lives in Hamilton, Ontario.

As a bookseller, Mark has worked for Indigo Books and Music, Inc. (previously known as Chapters; and prior to that known as Coles) in various locations and roles, at Titles Bookstore McMaster University, and currently is a Director at Kobobooks.com.

Apart
More about Mark Leslie...