Start by marking “Point Blank (Alex Rider Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Point Blank (Alex Rider Series #2)

Point Blank (Alex Rider #2)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  36,817 Ratings  ·  1,618 Reviews
MI6 assigns Alex Rider, 14, undercover at an elite prep school for teen rebels after two fathers are assassinated. Principal Dr Grief and vicious cigar-smoking Mrs Stellenbosch are the only teachers. All the students act studious, perfect - and identical. When Alex finds the plot, the villains find him, and the mountain peak has only a black ski run escape.
Published February 16th 2006 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Point Blank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Point Blank

Lola
Dec 27, 2015 Lola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Seriously loved the turn of events at the end. And the suspense!

However, this reminded me a lot of an episode from Totally Spies called ''Dolphin Drama'' in which Alex is enrolled by her parents in a fancy boarding school where scientists extract people's wits... although in this case it's more about the body than what is inside of it.
Skip
Dec 04, 2013 Skip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, e-books
Liked this better than Stormbreaker, because the involvement of a 14-year old spy seemed more credible, but perhaps it just took a second book? Alex Rider is coerced to masquerade as a hell child of a magnate to enter a prestigious school, where miscreants are re-educated. When two parents die under unusual circumstances, MI6 decides something is wrong there. Alex is sent to a mountaintop in Switzerland, where he is basically on his own to discover what is rotten there and uncovers a devious plo ...more
Hayat
3.5 Kick ass stars

I read this book a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot especially because the main character is a fourteen years old male devoid of the usual teenage angst. This book is the second in the Alex Rider series where Alex is a spy in training for MI6. During the course of his training Alex learns more about the world and uncovers a potentially deadly secret which leads our hero into a daring adventure. This was a fun and entertaining book with likeable characters and fantastic action
Nov 21, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that got me hooked on the Alex Rider series. Anthony Horrowitz was so clever in making up this story. How he made it sound realistic but I also think it was a bit science fiction-ish but I liked that about it. When a crazy scientist makes clones of himself and replaces sons of multimillionaires with them it sounds impossible right? But not for Anthony Horrowitz.
Salman Dhrubo
টিনেজ উইজারড, ডেমিগড, ভযামপায়ার এসব এর কাহিনী পড়তে পড়তে আসলেও একটু বোরিং বোরিং লাগছিল। একটু রিয়েলিসটিক কিছু পড়তে ইচছে করছিল। তখন ই মনে হল পয়েনট বলযাংক এর কথা। আমাদের টিনেজ জেমস বনড। :)
এবং নিরাশ হতে হয়নি। বরং সিরিজটার পরতি আগরহ আরো বহুগুণে বেড়ে গেল। বই এর শুরু থেকে শেষ -পুরোটা মনোযোগ ধরে রাখতে বাধয। আদরশ সপাই থরিলার। শুরুতে পলট টা হয়ত তেমন কিছু মনে হবে না, কিনতু একটু পরেই একদম মাথা ঘুরিয়ে দেয়ার মত পলট বের হয়ে আসবে। লেখক আসলেই অনেক ভাল লেখেন।
একশন, সপাই গযাজেট, ধাওয়া-ধাওয়ি মিলিয়ে পারফেকট একটা ব
Nikki
Feb 03, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. Part young Bond, part MacGyver and totally awesome! I love Alex's dry wit, and his reluctance to be a super spy. It sets the series a part and makes it so fun. This one was a tiny bit predictable, so not quite a 5 star read for me. But this is probably the 5th or so time I've read this book since I was a teenager, and I love it every time.
Bridget
Jul 12, 2014 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like teen spies
Recommended to Bridget by: My guts
Shelves: spies
That ending was badass. I'm just saying.

Point Blanc stepped up one notch from Stormbreaker. Where in Stormbreaker Alex Rider started out being innocent and just a normal school boy, and ended up as a boy interested in spy work, in Point Blanc he changes so much more. I won't say how because it will spoil everything, but it is visible, and it I am looking very much forward to see how he will change over the course of the books.

Alex started out as the same boy we left - interested in being a spy
Rachel Lightwood
Some unavoidable spoilers for Stormbreaker contained in this review.

In Stormbreaker, we saw Alex find out the truth behind his uncle's death and be blackmailed into MI6's shadowy world of espionage and danger. After his last "adventure" Alex thought that everything would be over, but his victory against Lebanese madmen, Herold Sayle, is short lived. Now Blunt and the agency needs his help again.

This time? Alex needs to go undercover at the French reform school, Point Blanc, for rich rebels. H
Rose
Aug 29, 2011 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mix James Bond Junior with a crazy brain-washed boardingschool in France. Add hilarious equipment and some crazy badass skills on snowboard, and then you'll have Point Blanc.

The first 150 pages was one big summary of the former book, Stormbreaker, which made me leaning to three stars. But in the end, Point Blanc was far better than Stormbreaker, because, unlike Stormbreaker, Point Blanc had a big kickass-escape-scene filled with action. I was all fired up, but this book made me hold my breath fo
Trisha
Apr 30, 2015 Trisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Alex Rider book that I've read and been completely surprised by how much I like it.

Alex's initial stunt to get him back in everyone's radar shocked me! What was he thinking.

But from there, although I had reservations about how his assignment was possible to pull off, I think the story did a great job of pulling us through.

The end wasn't a huge surprise but it was action packed and full of adventure. I look forward to reading more of the series.
Angie
Feb 23, 2014 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fiction fans, spy adventure fans
Recommended to Angie by: I'd read the first.
I loved this one even more than the first. Alexonce again is thrown into a dangerous situation by the increasingly nasty and hateful Alan Blunt. This time he is sent undercover to a school in the French mountains.

The story is exciting and I think that both adults as well as kids will love it. I like the character of Alex, so resourceful and thinking fast on his feet. I've already got book 3 on its way.
Noella
The scene is set with the murder of a wealthy businessman, Roscoe. We watch as Roscoe is murdered. Gosh it was chilling! Next, we follow Alex as he damages police headquarters while tailing a dealer who has been selling drugs to kids at his school. MI6 intervenes with the police's charges and sends Alex undercover to Point Blanc, a reform school in the Alps, where apparently Roscoe's son goes. Alex uncovers sinister things going on within the school.
Point Blanc was an action-packed, adventurous
Lazybee
May 19, 2015 Lazybee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A novel for children. There isn't an element which can capture the heart of a adult or young adult. But I am sure that the children will be captivated.
Zanna
Oct 08, 2015 Zanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read with one of my students. Went down very well.
Bianca
Aug 10, 2013 Bianca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah, talk about suspense! This book was packed with nonstop action and I loved every single minute of it. The scenes are perfectly set up, giving insight from various perspectives to really establish the events. It was ingenious! I could really imagine everything that was going on - it was as if I was watching a movie. The whole plot was brilliant and keeps you guessing throughout. How Anthony Horowitz comes up with these original conspiracies and ideas, I just don't know. What I do know is tha ...more
Gayatri Somaiya
Oct 26, 2015 Gayatri Somaiya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I think this book was better than the previous book of the series. In the first book, Alex was still an innocent schoolboy who had no idea wh
Matt Laguzza
Matt Laguzza

Book Name: Alex Rider: Point Blank
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Main characters: Alex Rider, Dr. Grief, James Sprintz, Mrs. Stellenboush, and other boys at the school
Plot

Alex Rider is a 14 year old boy that lives in London. He is no ordinary boy, he is actually a spy that works for M16, a London secret service agency. Three weeks ago, Alex's uncle died in a "car crash". Alex knew that his uncle was always careful with driving, so he was suspicious. He went and saw that the car had multiple
Evan M
Jan 22, 2016 Evan M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the book, Point Blank, by Anthony Horowitz there is a young boy named Alex Rider. His parents died when he was young and his uncle died which made him who he is now. I chose to read this book because the first one, Stormbreaker, was so good. Stormbreaker had very good suspense so I thought I’d give the second book a try and maybe even the next few.

Alex is a young spy. In the mission, point blank, Alex is sent to a finishing school in the France called Point Blank. Before he went to the school
Kathleen
It's 007 for children and I very much enjoyed reading it. Of course, the problem that arose was something that would cause international crisis but the plot was rather simple which is appropriate for the target age group. I think I understand why the movie did not continue on following the series but I think it would have still been a fun watch.
Kyra
Aug 16, 2015 Kyra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as I remembered!
Mckell
Jan 06, 2015 Mckell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I severely loved this book! Absolutely thrilling, this book was the perfect sequel to the first book, Storm Breaker. The plot in this book was ridiculously well done. At first the plot seems easy to predict, because Anthony Horowitz gives hints of information. After reading into this book a bit, I thought for sure I had the plot figured out. The plot had so many intricate twists and turns in it. Through the authors unique writing style, he was able to pull off outrageous plot twists without conf ...more
Yulia Koskos
Apr 16, 2015 Yulia Koskos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On one hand I liked this book more than the first one, on the other hand I found it way more creepy. Although that's probably just me.

So this is the second book in the Alex rider series and again, the characters are pretty cool, the adventure is awesome, and well the gadgets speak for themselves.

This book is about a mission in the french Alps, because there seems to be something fishy about a finishing school built inside a mental asylum.

***** SPOILERS *****

Ok first of all, how creepy was tha
Brandon u
Jun 21, 2010 Brandon u rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, when i read it. i picked it up without even reading the blurb, i didn't even look at the cover. I picked it up because when i was in the library, in the "teen" section this was the shortest book. so i just borrowed it thinking it was going to be nothing special but a quick read. Turns out, i was wrong. I was right that it would be a quick read, but i was wrong that it wasn't going to be anything special. In total the book took me less than 3 hours to read. Some of the r ...more
An Odd1
Aug 29, 2013 An Odd1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
Point Blanc is the snowy mountain peak school for troubled boys where MI6 sends Alex Rider 14. Deduct 1 star for not punishing Fiona's murder attempts and cohorts. 3 times. (view spoiler) When she offers her lips, "frankly, I'd prefer to kiss the h ...more
Macallan
Jun 23, 2010 Macallan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I like about the Alex Rider series is that it's not trying to be something it's not. Horowitz quickly sets up the game, sends Alex in to the thick of the action, and rocks the finale + one last scare. This is fast paced spy action a la James Bond, with a well-crafted protagonist in Alex Rider, engaging social topics, and a no-nonsense approach to writing. There are always a few 'yeah right' scenes along the way, but that's all part of the fun. And Alex gets some really cool gadgets to fight ...more
Raymond Hu
I think this book was really good because it was again with a spy kid which is interesting to read about because sometimes i dream of having a life he has. In this book the author puts a very mysterious plot that gets revealed to me as i kept reader. Its fascinating at how like this whole story that goes from England to France and keeps me thinking and wanting to know what happens next. The story of having cloned kids and some evil genius trying to rule the whole world and then a hero alex rider ...more
Tim Godsell
May 03, 2010 Tim Godsell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This time Alex Rider starts out by ending a couple of drug sellers reputation but ends up in police custody. MI6 comes to his aid and offers to release him but first he has to do another assignment for them.
This one invoves him blending in with a rich family for a week and saving his "sister's" life. All of this just to find out about a school named Point Blanc In French Mountains. He has his suspicions but at first he has nothing to prove that they are bad. Then his freind goes crazy.
Point Bl
Connor Clowser
Oct 11, 2010 Connor Clowser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that I read was Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz. This book mainly takes place in the French Alps at a private correctional school that is isolated on a snow-covered mountain. It takes place in the modern time period. The point of view is 3rd Person.
The main character in this book is Alex Rider. He is the nephew of Ian Rider who was a spy for MI6 in London. So when his uncle died the agency went after him. The only problem is that Alex is only fourteen years old. But the agency uses th
Dalton W
Apr 08, 2013 Dalton W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alex-rider
The book Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz is an adventure from beginning to end. Alex Rider didn't even have time to get things situated at school when he was called back to M16 for his latest mission. Although Alex is resistant to Alan Blunt’s requests Alan is able to persuade him. “So it's a coincidence. Just like you said. Two rich parents with two rich kids at the same school. They're both killed in accidents. Why are you so interested?" "Because I don't like coincidence," Blunt replied. "In ...more
Quinn
May 27, 2013 Quinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novel Point Blanc by Anthony Horwitz was a very exciting read. This book was packed with immense scenes of action throughout the book as well as a complete adventure aspect. In this book, teenager Alex Rider, is put on a mission through the spy company M16. He has to go investigate a special school because of the recent deaths of two major people in the society. These people were Michael J. Roscoe and General Viktor. They both had sons in this specific academy that only the extremely rich co ...more
Conflict 2 3 Dec 07, 2015 08:03AM
Who foils who? 1 5 Nov 05, 2015 08:37AM
  • Blood Fever (Young Bond, #2)
  • Class A (Cherub, #2)
  • The White House (I, Q, #2)
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent ...more
More about Anthony Horowitz...

Alex Rider (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9)
  • Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin (Alex Rider, #10)
  • Stormbreaker: Behind the Scenes