Start by marking “The Seductive Impostor (Puffin Harbor, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Seductive Impostor (Puffin Harbor, #1)

The Seductive Impostor (Puffin Harbor #1)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  824 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The first in a dazzling duo of romances featuring two sisters from the ruggedly beautiful Maine coast...and the men who sweep them away.
Rachel Foster wishes Sub Rosa -- the seaside mansion she helped her father build and the scene of a terrible tragedy -- would crumble into the sea. But Keenan Oakes, Sub Rosa's new owner, is moving in and stirring up the dark secrets of
Published April 15th 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Seductive Impostor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seductive Impostor

Georgia
Believe it or not, I picked this book up at my dentist's office! He has a bookcase of used books to buy and the proceeds go to the American cancer Society's Relay for Life. Anyway, I figured it would be a quick, little, mindless, romance novel. Instead, I got a really good, suspenseful read. I'm thinking that Janet Chapman might be my new favorite author!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Ooooo! This was great! Compared to the last series (Sinclair Brothers - Boring) this one was over the top. Myse=tery, love etc.

Rachel is an architect & built an over the top house with her dad for a billionaire. She discovered them at his house 3 years prior all dead. Her dad had shot her mother and the neighbor then himself. She refused to go in the house again after that until she gets a box from her dads lawyer saying all of the special gifts they had received from their neighbor were st
Lisa
Keenan Oakes and Rachel Foster make a dynamic couple in the first in the Puffin Harbor Series. However, I really enjoyed the other characters just as much, including Duncan, Luke, and Mikaela. The mystery was fairly easy to solve, but there was a twist at the end that I should have seen coming but didn't.
Julie
I really enjoyed this contemporary that had a lot of romance as well as a suspenseful ending. Set on the coast of Maine, Rachel Foster is a former architect who is biding her time as a librarian ever since her parents died in a tragic three way lover's quarrel in the mansion she helped design and build with her father. The new billionaire heir to the house has come to occupy it and as soon as they meet sparks fly and their attraction to one another is palpable. But is he all that it seems? With ...more
Rexanna
Loved this book. There were so many twists and turns to keep me interested,plus plenty of romance.
Barbara ★
I liked Keenan Oakes from the first minute he arrived. From the title I knew he wasn't what he appeared but I was surprised nonetheless when it actually was revealed.

I loved the interactions between Rachel and Kee. They had a noticeable chemistry and it was fun watching them flirt and argue. The mystery was intriguing too. I also loved the Apostle's (as Rachel called them) - Matthew, Peter, Luke, Duncan and Jason. I look forward to future Puffin Harbor books featuring these hotties.
Mica P.
Fluff but sooo much fun!
Gmc
The Seductive Impostor by Janet Chapman Puffin Harbor # 1.
Rachel Foster designed and built Sub Rosa and mansion in Puffin Harbor Maine with her father. then one night three years ago her world came crashing down. Her parents dead along with the owner of Sub Rosa, made to look like murder suicide.

Keenan Oakes a man with a mission find the missing stolen art work. and take care of his 5 year old daughter.
Denise Van plew
Started out catchy write away with 2 sisters,one an architect and one going into the law field. But mainly dealt with the sister who is the architect and and the house she helped design with her father she lived near and the long lost relative who enters their lives. Quite an adventure from there and a surprise ending even I did not guess at before it happened. A must read.
Mya
I loved this book, I loved the characters and the secondary characters. I loved the way the H/h met, their attitudes and definitely the cool house they were searching and all it's secret tunnels. I am really hoping the second book is about Willow and Duncan... Like someone else said in their review.. the book was a lot better than it's name :)
Connie
this was about Kee who has come to main to find some stolen treasure and he has men with him. He comes across Rachel who is brining stolen treasure back to the house so that she will keep her family name clean. It was funny and had some suspense. First in a series of two about the Foster sisters.
Dawn ♥ romance
I enjoyed everything about this story just as much reading it for the second time. The plot, the action, the humor, the characters, the steamy romance, they were all good. Architect Rachel tries to sneak into a sophisticated house her father designed before new owner Keenan takes possession.
Kathrynn
Book #1 of 2 in the Puffin Harbor Series and one of my favorites. Books 1 and 2 are about two sisters (Rachael and Willow). Wonderful books. This is Rachael and Keenan's turn and we are also introduced to the characters for book #2. Should be read in order...

Neat story. Funny, too!
Kendra
Excellent story, sad but interesting mystery. The hilariousness of the characters helped liven it up. Love this author, and ALL her other books, and this is another excellent addition! She writes terrific strong women, and well-balanced men to go with them.
Cecile Flores-hardinger
Love chapman book-they turn out to be such a sweet adventurous story. Chapman makes the men so manly like you want them around u taking care of you-lol. The story was great, I couldn't put the book don't cuz I wanted to know what happened -so addicting!
Kathryn
Such a great book and story. I really love this author's style. I have the sequel to this one here waiting for me to start. And then I have 2 more books to read of hers. plus one more came out a few weeks ago, but I need to obtain that book.
SJuhl4
Fantastic book. I really enjoyed this. The unsolved deaths play a major role. The uncertainty of the lead characters of the others involvement addeds to a great story. Well written, couldn't wait to find out who did it - and why. Very good.
Jen Taylor
Action, adventure, intrigue, romance and passion are abound in this fantastic novel by Janet Chapman. She never seems to disappoint when she writes a book. I love her books and look forward to my next Chapman novel.
Savage Terhune
A wonderful read! Skipping rocks in the fog... been there, done that and loved reading about it! Keenan's crew (insert hot flash here!) are an exciting addition to any Down East harbor town.
Olivia
Just finished and hurrying to read the :The Dangerous protector",
It was over before i even realized it. Amazing read, super sexy
Joene
The first in the Puffin Harbor series, this is a page turner deluxe, with lots of laughter, suspense and love. GREAT STORY!!!!
Scandal
actually, i'm giving this 4.5 stars...i really enjoyed the mystery, the twists and the romance...excellent story
Amber
FABULOUS!!!! This was as much of a Mystery/Thriller as a Romance... loved the characters and twisting plot!
Nicole
An architect built home w/ father gather killed mother & her lover & himself in the heat of passion
Linda
A charming easy read. Will continue with the next novel in the series right away.
Kerra
OMGOSH! Every one of her books that I have read, I loved!
★Kayla★
I really enjoyed this one! So exciting and entertaining!
Denise
Nice romance with some mystery involed.
What's The Name o...: HELP! Romance book [s] 6 138 Dec 06, 2014 07:26PM
  • Pearl Jinx (Cajun, #6)
  • The Power of Two (2176, #4)
  • Mad, Bad and Blonde (West Investigations, #1)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • The Black Sheep and the Princess (Unholy Trinity #1)
  • Highlander in Disguise (Lockhart Family #2)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Promoted to Wife?
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Notorious
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • A Little Light Magic
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...

Puffin Harbor (2 books)
  • The Dangerous Protector (Puffin Harbor, #2)
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)