Start by marking “Attack of the Mutant Underwear” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Attack of the Mutant U...

Tom Birdseye

Attack of the Mutant Underwear

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Will Cody be able to hide his humiliating mistakes of the past from his peers in his new school?
Hardcover
Published November 1st 2006 by Puffin Books (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Attack of the Mutant Underwear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attack of the Mutant Underwear

Polyne Karamagi
The reason I chose to read this book to my four beloved kiddos-as a bedtime reading-was because they liked 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. So, I had to find another book similar to the series. They liked this one even better-all four of them( the oldest is 11;the youngest is 6) and me. Bedtime reading was so much fun. Now, I need to find another book similar book to this one, to keep our nigh-reading ritual going on. Awesome and humorous read!
Melanie
Cody Lee Carson is determined to have a much better 5th grade year than his past school years. No more childish pranks or potty humor. He even starts a journal to keep track of himself. But little sisters, underwear nightmares and talent shows are bound to screw him up. He's convinced.

Joel
A kid's book. I actually was interested because the name sounded so strange. But don't be turned off by the name. It is not what it sounds like. It is a cute story about a 5th grade boy, his little sister, a girl he is friends with (who he kind of likes but who sees him in his underwear in a dressing room at the store), his teacher, his friends and his fear of being seen in his underpants. It is written as a journal the boy is writing. Although a 5th grade boy wouldn't write that much detail in ...more
Melissa
Super silly funny book, kids would absolutely love it! I'd be afraid kids would take some of it seriously, but I think they'd be laughing enough to know it was all just in fun. There were some good lessons in there as well...don't try to trick your sister in to hitting you, moms who are librarians know everything, be nice to other kids, practical jokes aren't always funny....stuff like that.
Sara Truog
A fifth grade boy moves to a new town and decides to reinvent himself, with limited success and many hijinks along the way.
I chose this thinking it might be an interesting pick for my library book club, but I was unimpressed. Cheesy, and too much romance! The title is better than the book. Daniel didn't bother reading this - I suggest you do the same.
Geneva
A fun read, told in journal form, by a 5th grade boy named Cody who moves to a new town and tries to change his ways. He has some success and some growing pains along the way but at the end of it all he is a roaring success with his new friends. A very entertaining read.
Would recommend to 4th & 5th graders, especially those moving, or who have recently moved, to a new area.
Magnolia
This book is hlarious. Except that is just my opinion and I'm only 9 years old. A good age range for this book would be ages 7-10. Hey, if your a teen i know what your thinking. "Isn't a 9 year old a little too young for goodreads???? Well, if thats what you were thinkin', you are so totally WRONG. Why, you ask? THERE ARE CHILDRENS BOOKS ON THIS THING YOU DUMMY!!!!!!!!
Nisey
Totally excellent! It was hilarious in more ways than expected. The main character just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble. You should definitely pick this up if you're looking for a light read that reminds you of those awkward pre-teen years.
Kya
i thought it was hilarious in the begging it you couldn't tell why it was called attack of the mutant underwear until about the end but it shire got a laugh out of me and i think it will for you to.
Dustins Scruggs
i think that attack of the mutant underwear is a funy looking book because of just what the title says and every time you read this book i am garitead to lagh your head off
David Arranaga
Mar 31, 2010 David Arranaga rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE..
Recommended to David by: AND YOU..
It's a verryyyyyyy goooodd book. The I like about it was that it was soooo fuuunnnyy. it is the fuuniest book..Do you like funny books you shoed read this book?
Kinsey
This book was hillarious. I think people who need a good laugh should read this book. Also this might teach kids to clean up there room.
Dave
I listened to this book with my kids on the way to yellowstone. it was a hillarious look at a boys life in elementary school
Kathryn
Listened to this on the way to SLC for Thanksgiving. A real boy book with plenty of burps and passing of gas.
Tyler Rachui
i like this book because it is entertaining i would recromend this to others
Rendy Jones
This book is so good. I wish it will become a movie in the future.
Dakota Bush
this a good book when under war all ways haunts him
KatieSuzanne
I needed a break from serious books. Don't judge me.
Bruno
i thougnt it was an interresting book
Wayne Suter
Wayne Suter marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Talon
Talon marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I grew up in North Carolina and Kentucky, an ardent fan of anything that smacked of sports, crawdads, mud balls, forts built in the woods, secret codes, bicycles without fenders, butter pecan ice cream, and snow. I was, however, decidedly uninterested in writing-or any academic aspect of school, for that matter-never imagining that at the age of thirty-five I would become a published author. And y ...more
More about Tom Birdseye...
Storm Mountain Soap! Soap! Don't Forget the Soap!: An Appalachain Folktale Airmail to the Moon Look Out Jack! the Giant Is Back! Just Call Me Stupid