Start by marking “Hideaway Home” as Want to Read:
Hideaway Home

Hideaway Home (Hideaway #10)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  11 reviews
1940s. Soldier Red Meyers had looked forward to the day he could return to Hideaway, Missouri, and to his sweetheart, Bertie Moennig. But his dreams were shattered when he was wounded in the last stages of World War II in Europe. Bertie was beautiful inside and out--she deserved a whole man. Red was determined to keep his distance.

But a tragedy on the home front brought th
Published July 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hideaway Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideaway Home

Lynn Spencer
For the multi-blog TBR Challenge, our theme of the month was series catch up. Now, I have an embarrassment of riches on this one because I tend to be pretty lackadaisical about finishing up entire series of books. Since I have so many books to choose from, I took forever to pick out a book to read. In the end, I happened across Hannah Alexander’s 2008 release, Hideaway Home and decided to give it a whirl. I’ve enjoyed several of the Hideaway books published for Love Inspired’s contemporary susp ...more
Megan
Childhood friends separated during WWII return home to find conflict seeping through their quiet Ozarks town, as well as through their own relationship. I liked both of the main characters and I enjoyed the very first part of the book, with the two of them separated, thinking of each other, and reading their letters. That they would have to live with how the war changed them, that was pretty compelling. However, the suspense plot was unengaging and not very strongly or clearly developed. Reading ...more
Barbara
I enjoyed this book to a certain extent, and I'm glad I read it, but there were parts where it seemed like not much was happening. The details from history that the author put in were nice and helped set the scene, and I enjoyed the two main characters, Red and Bertie.
Shelley
3.5 stars, really. It was an interesting set up for a romance novel...childhood friends, high school sweethearts, separated by the war for three years, sure, but he came back home to the Ozarks and she was in California. Fully half the book had them separated and thinking back on their times together and rereading war letters. Then there was a mystery that each was trying to solve. There wasn't actually much time for romance, honestly. They ran parallel to each other more than coming together. I ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Red Meyer has come home from the war in Italy a wounded and broken man and he decides that he is not good enough for his sweetheart Bertie Moennig. Bertie has other ideas and when her father dies and Red tells her not to come home to Hideaway, Missouri she does not listen to him. Her father has died under mysterious circumstances and needs to find out why.

This is the last book of a series and I think I missed out by not reading them in order. This book was okay but it does not make me want to re
Shawn
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters right off the bat, Bertie and Red just grabbed my heart. I loved the mingling of history and mystery and romance. The author did a wonderful job of pulling you in and trying to figure out what was going on and even had me convinced it was someone else for a while and did all of this while keeping it clean and showing how God was working in these characters lives.
Loved it....going back now to read the whole series!
Nike Chillemi
Hideaway Home plunks the reader down smack in the middle of World War II America where Bertie (Roberta) Moenning, is being trained as a machinist in the Hughes aircraft factory in California that's putting out military equipment for the war effort. The book is a mystery with an underlying theme of the distrust and hatered German Ameicans faced during the war.
Beth

This book was okay. The plot was slow, and the authors filled the gaps with lots of repetitive details. How many times did we have to read that Arielle Potts doesn't quite fit in the town of Hideaway? There was somewhat of a surprise twist at the end, at least.
Ralynn
it sounded like a good story, but was soooo slow and boring, no drama, no suspense, nothing to keep you wanting to read more. very disappointed with this book. giving it one star is being really nice.
Cheryl-Lynn
This wasn't a bad book it was just "okay." Pretty predictable and just sort of...boring.
Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
Beautiful end to a wonderful series by a great author
Olive Breece
Olive Breece marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Erin1
Erin1 marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Stephanie Berman
Stephanie Berman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Fola
Fola added it
Jul 22, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Briton
  • The Maverick Preacher  (The Women of Swan's Nest, #1)
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • The Marshal Takes a Bride (Charity House, #1)
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • Spring Creek Bride
  • Frontier Courtship
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Irresistible Earl
  • High Country Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #3)
  • The Matrimony Plan
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...
Hideaway (Hideaway #1) Safe Haven (Hideaway #2) Last Resort (Hideaway #3) Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1) Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)