Start by marking “Sex in the Sanctuary” as Want to Read:
Sex in the Sanctuary

Sex in the Sanctuary (Hallelujah Love #1)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  34 reviews
As first lady of Kingdom Citizens Christian Center, Vivian Montgomery has it all: a beautiful home, lovely children, and a pastor husband who makes her shout hallelujahand not just in church. There's no doubt Pastor Montgomery has a healthy appreciation for the Lord and for the pleasures of the flesh, namely his wife's flesh. If only Vivian's best friend, Tai, was so bless ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sex in the Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex in the Sanctuary

Carla Love
Just what I needed, read this book while on a cruise vacation, it did not disappoint. Can't wait to read more about CY & Hope.

Great storylines, they seemed like people that you know in your everyday lives. Their stories make you take notice of your church folk.

Tammy
This book is just like the Eddie Long story, a must read.
Cateyesmd
Feb 01, 2012 Cateyesmd rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cateyesmd by: Co-worker
A whirlwind of emotions throughout this book! The author really nailed it in this book when it comes to "reality" as it relates to singleness and the desire to be married at almost any cost and the attack of the enemy on men called to do the work of the Lord and how it affects their families. Infidelity is difficult to deal with from any standpoint, but when it happens in the First Family its magnified even the more.

In this story you will journey along and share in the emotional rollercoaster on
Claudia
I loved the book...I was looking at the reviews and let me start off by saying that this book is not a Christian fiction book. It's fiction and it tells us what happens inside of a Christian family and on the Church grounds.

Now to make a long story short this book deals with a christian foundation with Vivian and Tai. Both are bestfriends and also first ladies of their husband churches. Vivian has the perfect life with her husband and Tai is going through hell with hers. When things goes wrong
Metris
First of all I would like to start off by saying, before I started to read Sex in the Sanctuary I read a couple of reviews and the ones that got my attention were the ones that stated that this was NOT a Christian read; however when this book was recommended I was told it was Christian fiction....

With that being said, if this not a Christian, then I don't know what is...This was real life christianity not say that some of the action of Gods people were right, but we are all human and we all fall
Robbin
Not sure how I feel about this one...the title of the book is more exciting than the book itself, and the one story line in the book that could've proved the most entertaining and scandalous was glossed over. So, overall, this story's just okay. It took a bit to get into as the author felt the need to introduce readers to all the major players in the main church which sets the scene. Halfway through, I then realized there was another church and another pastor-wife couple. Way too confusing. The ...more
Zarinah
This particular book by ms Lovely was all over the place just a total narrative of everyone in the church. And it was not just focused on 2 marriages but church business, every member and their business, dance, preaching, and anything and everything else. This book did not work for me it was to slow and the relationship that sort of held interest preacher King and his wife Tai was stuffed with nonsense and tales of flashbacks and again church minutes.
I do plan to read more in the series because
Morgan
I have the entire Hallelujah Love series on my Kindle when I started the first book I knew it was gonna be filled with juicy drama, and drama in the church the first book takes you through two different marriages.

Vivian has the perfect marriage, thriving ministry, two beautiful children, and the perfect life. While her best friend Tai is trying to hold her marriage together while her husband is not only burying himself with church work but a mistress who happens to be WHITE.

With the help of Mama
Michelle Johnson-lane
I thought this book was a little too predictable. I wish I didn't see the end coming along some of the other backstories. I was disappointed in the a first lady accepting her husband's infidelities (3 times, come on... enough already... he needed to suffer by her letting him go... he still won). Overall, I thought it was a good read. I'll definitely give Lutishia Lovely another try by reading another one of her novels.
Luqunita Hill
Since I grew up in church, I was able to identify with many of the situations in the book. I felt like the author actually told the TRUTH about church people. King is just like, the pastor, at my old church.
Elaine Tomlin
It shows how women need to bring back sex morality and become the jewels in the relationship in regards to men. Because it makes it bad for all women married and single, becomes a trinkle down effect in all realtionships. It shows how men do not marry because women are giving up their most prized possession. Men are getting the cow with the milk. So why do they have to become married.
Desiree Watson
This was the first book in the series. It was good! There was church business, funny business, monkey business, affairs, infidelity, adultery, everything was going on in this church with these church people. The pastor's were cheating and everything! I liked this book from the beginning to the end. Read this book in June 2010 on my kindle.
Rachel
I am glad I gave this author another try. This was way better than Reverend Feelgood. This author is actually a good writer. I enjoyed this book. Way better than tht Reverend Feelgood garbage. The situations in this book were relatable. Good writing and story telling. Can't wait to read Love Like Hallejuah
Joi
This book was only okay to me. There was nothing really wrong with it, it just wan't spectacular. I enjoyed the characters, and I believe that many of them will be fleshed out more later in the series. I liked the plot, and it was executed nicely. I will continue with the series sometime soon.
Tara
One of the books I read while in the bathroom. It was alright, maybe not quite 3 stars but it kept your interest for a few pages. Not a christian fiction book by any means, just an insight into what goes on in the higher ups relationships.
Nikki
Sep 25, 2008 Nikki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nikki by: Book club member
I really loved this book. It was a quick read for me.
I would love to have a relationship like Viv and Derrick.
Looking forward to reading the next book of Lutishia Lovely, I think is titled Like Hallelujah.
Valerie
Glad I went back to re-read this series. I have heard so many good reviews.

I enjoyed the mixture of real life drama and real life passion inside and outside of the church.
Jackie Logan
WOW the more I got to the end I wanted TAI to boot paster KING for his deception but the author turned me around with how good GOD is and His forgiveness. WOW again very good.
Collette
Loved this book from start to finish. Very funny moments, moments that made you cry and times when just wanted to go and shack some sense into those people.
Monique
Oct 21, 2007 Monique rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This was a very good book. I liked how it talked about sex in church and how people deal with it sex. Funny and serious at the same time. Good read
Lee
This is not Christian fiction, so please beware of that if that's what you were thinking when you picked it up. It's not!
Latoria Wilson
I picked this book up and didn't put it down until the very last sentence. I immediately became a huge lutishia lovely fan.
Carmen
not very good to me typical book with predictable ending. i think this one will be my last one by this author .
Ang
not a bad read; I went in thinking it would be an all too familiar story but it wasn't
I enjoyed the plot & outcomes
Pearl
I enjoyed reading this book, there is a lot of characters, but I love the dialogue. On to the next book.
Valerie
Enjoyable read! The characters are likable even though flawed. The story is real and believable.
Daphne
Nov 03, 2008 Daphne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Daphne by: I think Billie for the book club
WOW!!! So many people in this book and so much going on! It was a great read!!!
Adrienne
REALLY good book! I'm about to start the next one now! Def a page turner!
Risha1983
Typical black Christian fiction book with a predictable ending.
Kimberly
I want to read book number two in this series!!!
  • Blessed Trinity
  • Lady Jasmine
  • Say Amen, Again
  • The Ideal Wife
  • Love, Honor, and Betray (Reverend Curtis Black, #8)
A Preacher's Passion (Hallelujah Love #3) Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2) All Up In My Business Reverend Feelgood (Hallelujah Love #5) Mind Your Own Business