Start by marking “I'll Be Home for Christmas (Includes: Bullet Catcher)” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Home for Christmas (Includes: Bullet Catcher)

I'll Be Home for Christmas (Bullet Catcher #2.5)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  583 ratings  ·  36 reviews
A collection of heartwarming holiday stories from today's stars of passionate romance!

LINDA LAEL MILLER

delivers a holiday miracle in the bittersweet tale of a young woman who can't hide her broken heart -- or her past -- when she returns to her hometown. But a sexy widower may just help her discover the true meaning of home in "Christmas of the Red Chiefs."

CATHERINE M...more
Mass Market Paperback, 421 pages
Published October 1st 2006 by Pocket Books (first published September 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Home for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be Home for Christmas

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasBy Proxy by Katy RegneryA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrThe Christmas Wish by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
60th out of 507 books — 620 voters
Forever Friends by Shelagh WatkinsA World of Verse by Christopher  ShieldsA World of Possibility by Christopher  ShieldsEnd of the Road by Jacques  AntoineA World of Terror by Christopher  Shields
Best Anthologies
116th out of 416 books — 449 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathrynn
Jan 02, 2010 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Feel Good, Christmas-Themed Tales
Neat Christmas-themed stories with a feel-good hum that resonated:

1. Christmas of the Red Chiefs by Linda Lael Miller was my favorite. It was also the longest. Nicely written. Set in Bent Tree Creek, California. Joe Courtland was a widowed father of two 8ish twin boys (the red chiefs). He was also the music teacher at the local high school and an active participate in an small, home-run, business that catered to singers (carolers). Sarah Jane Sullivan was the niece of the business owner (Delores...more
oliviasbooks
I'll file this under "read" instead of "unfinished" because I really finished reading three stories out of four without skipping. There is nothing truely wrong with this book. It's just not for me. So since the year ends and Christmas break is also amost over now, I make a clean break and throw this out. Sorry, book, maybe you'll find another, better owner next December. Volunteers from Germany willing to provide a good home always welcome.
Michelle the Romance Witch
I gotta say the only reason this books got three stars was because of Roxanne St Claire's story. That was what kept it from being only 2 stars.
Beverly Diehl
This one was fun. Four stories of about 100 pages each. There was a bittersweet poignancy to Linda Lael Miller's Christmas of the Red Chiefs. The one jarring note in that story was the idea that a woman who hasn't sung at all in years could deliver a soprano solo for a local TV crew on the spur of the moment. Uh, no, I'm not a singer and even *I* know that's not possible. But I liked the character and her love interest was perfect.

Catherine Mulvany's tale, Once Upon a Christmas, was beautifully...more
Cindy
4 contemporary Christmas stories. 2 very good stories, & 2 pretty bad ones.

Linda Lael Miller - 4 stars. Loved this story. Recently widowed, now homeless woman comes back home to help her aunt with her caroling business. Meets the recently widowed neighbor & feels a spark. A lot of miscommunication in this story. Between the heroine & her aunt. Between the heroine & her 12 year old step daughter. Between The hero & heroine. It doesn't help his now dead wife was perfect in ev...more
Phyllis
When Sarah arrives in town, widower Joe Courtland shows up in his van to pick her up, because her Aunt Delores has broken her ankle. Joe brings his twin boys, Sam and Ryan and their pet dog, Dodger. There are sparks between them, but Sarah and Joe refuse to acknowledge them. Will they end up being one big happy family? What will happen to Aunt Delores? Will Sarah leave town? Does Marlie’s Real Mother come to get her?

ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS by Catherine Mulvany is the second story in the book and...more
Robin
This book contains four short stories for the Christmas holiday.

The stories by Linda Lael Miller and Roxanne St. Claire were the best. This is my first Roxanne St. Claire story and I'll definitely be picking up more bullet catcher books.

Catherine Mulvany's story was a little strange but readable. I did not like the Julie Leto story. It was a waste of time.

Overall, I'd recommend two of the stories. You can skip the rest. My rating: 2.5 Stars.
Patricia Solla
There are four stories in this anthology. They are an odd but interesting collection of Christmas stories. The Linda Lael Miller story involves a young woman returning 'home' for help after the death of her husband but she doesn't really feel accepted or loved by her aunt who raised her. She learns what love really is and that her perceptions weren't always the right ones. Catherine Mulvany writes a tale where the slogan 'be careful of what you wish for' comes into effect when a young woman wish...more
Jessi
Four stories in this book. They're okay. Not the best anthology but I finished it. Copyright says 2006, but I would have assumed earlier.
Linda Lael Miller has a recent widow and her step-daughter returning to the widow's hometown where a match-making aunt introduces her to the widower with twin boys next door. Can this handsome music teacher help a lonely heart learn to sing again?
"Once Upon a Christmas" has Catherine Mulvaney introducing a deceased mother getting a magic lamp to her daughter to...more
Caitie
A pretty good Christmas anthology. I particularly enjoyed the stories by Roxanne St. Claire (4.5 stars) and Catherine Mulvany (4 stars), which had more character development and depth behind the romantic elements. Linda Lael Miller's contribution was a bit weaker, getting 3 stars from me. Her widow + widower story was just not a big hit...somewhat trite and very predictable right from the start. The way she incorporated the heroine's stepdaughter and hero's sons rankled as well. Children are fin...more
Rochelle
Christmas of the Red Chiefs by Linda Lael Miller: 3 Stars

Once Upon a Christmas by Catherine Mulvany:
4 Stars. I've never read anything by this author before, this was cute. A little magic thrown in for Christmas happiness.

Meltdown by Julie Leto:
3.5 Stars

You Can Count on Me by Roxanne St. Claire:
Romance 3 Stars, Suspense 3.5 Stars
For a short story, the mystery was decently developed.
Cindy
Good read. Anthology with a Christmas homecoming theme [or at least a Christmas setting].

The stories are "Christmas of the Red Chiefs" by Linda Lael Miller, "Once Upon a Christmas" by Catherine Mulvany, "Meltdown" by Julie Leto and "You Can Count On Me" by Roxanne St. Claire. [This last is part of the author's series, Bullet Catchers.] All were good reads although I thought the Julie Leto story wasn't particularly 'Christmasy' - especially compared the first two. The Bullet Catchers story was s...more
Jill Mercer
Picked this up because it was free and I had never heard of any of the four authors. The first story by Linda Lael Miller was by far the best. The other three were just "trashy"
Moriah
I only read the Roxanne St. Clair entry, which was a freebie on her site a couple of years ago.

I figured out whodunnit the minute s/he showed up. That the hero was ex-KGB and hadn't actually vetted that individual personally was TSTL. That the heroine allowed herself the distraction of the hero, in bed with him within hours of meeting him WHILE she was on HER FIRST job where she was trying to prove herself was TSTL. These two people are supposedly professionals.

Yes, it's a short story/novella. N...more
Gee
Library

Rating is for "You Can Count On Me" by Roxanne St. Claire. I read this b/c it is Bk 2.5 in the Bullet Catcher's series, the story of Raquel Durant, Lucy Sharpe's assistant. She finally gets a "real" field assignment watching over the daughter of former Russian KGB spy and ends up wrapped up in the mystery of a stolen Faberge egg. This was good for a short story, just not as good as a full-length novel.
Broadwaydon
I heard that this book was a step above the typical Christmas romances. somehow, though, I wasn't all that captivated by it. IF you generally enjoy this genre though, it's probably worth a read. I picked it up only because it had a Christmas theme. The first story worked for me and the last one would have had the dialogue been less stilted and silly. Still, it wasn't a horrible read.
Red
There are stories by 4 authors in this collection. I loved the story by Miller, and enjoyed the stories by Mulvany & St. Claire. Will happily read more by any of them. Did not like the story by Leto, even though it was the steamiest of the 4. She was more concerned with telling us how very Latina her protagonist was rather then with developing the characters or the plot.
Niecie
I only read You Can Count on Me by Rosanne St. Claire. The story was okay, but I would classify it as more of a short story than I would a novella. The plot seemed too rushed and it lost some of the regular enjoyment of a suspenseful and romantic Bullet Catchers story. As a full length novel I think the story would have been much more enjoyable.
Darcy
I only read the Roxanne St. Claire story as I follow the Bullet Catcher's series. This one was ok, being that it was a short story things had to go pretty fast to wrap up things in 80 pages. I did love that the story line revolved around Faberge eggs, as they seem to have a mystic around them that I find interesting.
I only read You can Count on Me by Roxanne St. Claire, which I got as a free ecopy version. It was a fun read, but the heroine was too much of a mary sue for me. The plot was interesting and exciting, but everything resolved too quickly. Maybe it would have worked better as a full length story, rather than a novella.
Joycelyn
This was a fun read for the Christmas Holidays. Each story can be easily read in a evening. The first two were especially heart warming with characters that the reader can easily relate to and with heroes/heroines that have perserved through loss and disappointment. ...more
Nikita
I only read the Roxanne St. Claire story since my only reason for picking up this book was to read the next book in the Bullet Catchers series. Goodreads has them out of order, though. It is #3 in the series that is in this book, not #4.
Lorna Collins
The only thing these novellas have in common is that they are more-or-less set during the holidays. they don't seem to belong in the same volume. The quality of the writing varies between authors. A mixed bag.
Sue
Only read Roxanne's book but that was a brilliant bullet catcher novella. Female bullet catcher this time in an unusual situation of a babysitter/bodyguard. Or is there more too this? Excellent as always.
Guylene Milner
Includes storys by: Catherine Mulvany...Once Upon a Christmas,Linda Lael Miller...Christmas of the Red Chiefs, Julie Leto....Meltdown, Roxanne St. Claire....You can Count on Me.
Caitlin
Roxanne St.Claire's "You Can Count on Me" is a novella for her Bullet Catcher series. This bodyguard job requires a bullet catcher with estogen.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jul 03, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2012
The stories by Linda Lael Miller and Roxanne St. Claire were solid four-star work. The other two were only ok.
Jan
Apr 01, 2009 Jan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: if there is nothing else to read
Shelves: romance
Not one of my favorites. Stories seemed too contrived but not bad enough that I stopped reading them.
Jess
4/5 for the Bullet Catchers story. Love that series! The other stories were sweet, quick reads.
Carrie Felton
Four fun christmas stories. Look at the status updates to see individual reviews.
  • What You Can't See (Includes: Bullet Catcher novella; Seven Deadly Sins Prequel)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Let It Snow
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • The Naughty List
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)