Start by marking “Rachel (Springwater, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rachel (Springwater, #2)

Rachel (Springwater #2)

Rachel English as traveled to Springwater to take a post as the frontier teacher. Although the ramshackle schoolhouse -- and her half-wild pupils -- are not what she had envisioned, Rachel spiritedly makes the best of her new surroundings. But when she takes a stand against the scandalous saloon across the road from the school, she is more that surprised by her own powerfu ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 145 pages
Published January 31st 1999 by Sonnet Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Rachel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachel

Rachel May Diva
Oct 06, 2014 Rachel May Diva rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
very good
Prairie Lover
Springwater #1 was a hard act to follow. In the first book of the series, the relationship between the primary characters developed layer by layer. The author didn't need to declare a character's internal thoughts and feelings so that the reader could understand and recognize them. Their feelings were revealed through the story-line, made evident through a character's actions and by the words each one spoke aloud. This first sequel however seemed a little more contrived. The book was simply too ...more
Beth L.
Feb 22, 2017 Beth L. rated it liked it
This is the first of the follow up books of the Springwater series. It was awfully short. I think the stories of the 4 girls perhaps could have been combined in one book!
Lace
May 09, 2015 Lace rated it liked it
I had anticipated this book to be a bit of a challenge for me. I don’t often find myself captivated by anything remotely related to older western-style things, and it was plain to see that this book was of that nature. Surprisingly, I was immediately sucked right into the storyline! Only a few hours over the course of two days had me finished with this book and hoping to eventually get my hands on some more of Ms. Miller’s novels.
The novel begins with the main character, Rachel, moving out west
penelopewanders
Jan 21, 2008 penelopewanders rated it liked it
Second in this series. Almost too short to get into - the premise was great, saloon owner, prim schoolmarm from back East, half-breed (beautiful, brilliant) daughter... but we swept through the whole thing like a flood in Spring. Enjoyable, but felt a little like a summary rather than full book.
Cecelia
Like the other books in the series I think it is too short. The romance doesn't have time to develop. That said, the charachters are wonderful and engaging.
Tori
Sep 13, 2013 Tori rated it liked it
Super quick read. Cute love story but so short I didn't really feel like I knew the characters- kind of seemed like a Cliff Notes version. However reading it was a nice 2 hour break this afternoon.
Betsy Rinaldi
Apr 03, 2015 Betsy Rinaldi rated it liked it
enjoyable, quick read
K-Dee
Nov 03, 2013 K-Dee rated it liked it
This was a short book that was a bit like eating potato chips. Not a lot of substance and did not take not to finish... but of course I went on to the next one in the series right away.
Jane(Janelba)
Feb 12, 2011 Jane(Janelba) rated it really liked it
Cute story about a saloon owner and the school teacher.
Deb Munsterman
Deb Munsterman rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2009
Jennifer Cook
Jennifer Cook rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2010
Michelle Welch
Michelle Welch rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2010
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2010
Lavina Chambers
Lavina Chambers rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2008
Sharon Guscott
Sharon Guscott rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2017
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2008
Joan Mondragon
Joan Mondragon rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2010
Carlene Montalbano
Carlene Montalbano rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Shaye
Shaye rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Jessica Heathcote
Jessica Heathcote rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2010
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 22, 2017
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2010
  • The Texan's Dream (McLain, #5)
  • Outlaw's Bride
  • Trilby
  • Midnight Rider
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Joe's Wife
  • The Wedding Raffle (The Wedding, #1)
  • The Listening Sky (Wyoming Frontier, #4)
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Springwater (7 books)
  • Springwater (Springwater, #1)
  • Savannah (Springwater, #3)
  • Miranda (Springwater, #4)
  • Jessica (Springwater, #5)
  • A Springwater Christmas (Springwater, #6)
  • Springwater Wedding (Springwater, #7)