Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)

Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc. #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  3,041 ratings  ·  162 reviews
In New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's fiery new romantic suspense series, when danger threatens, the seductive heroes of Black Ops, Inc. turn up the heat.

AN INDECENT PROPOSAL...

When a high roller at the Vegas casino where Crystal Debrowski manages security makes a scandalous proposition, she flat-out refuses, especially given rumors of his shady overseas...more
Published December 30th 2008 by Pocket Books

Auntee
Aug 04, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good, hot, emotional romantic suspense
Ahhhh...there aren't enough superlatives to adequately express how much I loved this book! You know how it is when you're reading a book and everything just 'clicks' for you? You love the characters, you love the dialogue, you love the supporting characters, you love the plot...you even love (to hate) the villain? And you don't want to put it down--in fact, you can't find a good place to stop when you have to (when life gets in the way), but you try to draw it out and make the book last as long...more
Shawna
5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

Uber delicious, flirtatious, affable, sexy, playboy charmer, Texas cowboy stud, and ex Special Forces soldier turned mercenary with an underlying heart of gold, Johnny Duane Reed + spitfire, kick-ass, pixieish heroine Crystal Debrowski + taut, intense, high-octane action and thrilling suspense = the best (and my favorite) book in Cindy Gerard’s awesome, top-notch Black Ops military romantic suspense series! Big 5 stars!
Dee
Another winner by Ms Gerard. I got up very early this morning and because I really wanted to read about Johnny I started this book straight away and several hours later I was still laying on my couch reading it and refused to move until it was finished.

This book had loads of action and both strong H & h. I was really looking forward to reading about Johnny and he didn't disappoint. From the glimpses we had seen of him in the other stories we could see that he was a player and committment shy...more
Buggy
Opening Line: "It was business as usual at Bali Hai Casino on the Vegas strip, which meant that every nut job and wacko who could arrange bail was on the prowl."

WHISPER NO LIES is another thrilling instalment from Cindy Gerard’s Black-Ops series and with each book better than the last this is a great ride. Skilfully whisking us away to yet another exotic location Gerard gives us a kick butt heroine this time to go along with the daring roof top rescues, shootouts, explosions and boat chases. We...more
Glamdring
Spoiler free review

This book was one of my favorite of the series.

Here again we have a full action packed, exhilarating story with great heroes.

It's quite unbelievable but I loved Reed even better than Sam. I usually don't fall for the Casanova kind of heroes but Johnny Duane Reed was simply irresistible and I just LOVED his character and the couple he formed with Crystal.

We met Crystal in the previous book, she's Abbie (Take No Prisoners) kick ass and sassy best friend. After having dismissed...more
Keri
Cindy Gerard is a real master when it comes to creating heat between her characters. Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal are both playas when it comes to the game of love and they have been playing with each other for awhile. But now that a drug lord has decreed that Crystal shall be his next woman and carted her off to Jarkarta without her permission of course. Johnny figures out real quick that Crystal means more to him then just a fun time in the hay when he blows into town.

Crystal and Johnny had...more
Kathrynn
Mar 22, 2009 Kathrynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who read and enjoyed the Bodyguard series
Enjoyed the story, writing and the two main characters--Johnny and Crystal--that were first introduced in an earlier book in this series. The Black Ops series spins right off the Bodyguard series. IMO, for maximum enjoyment I recommend reading the latter FIRST then the Black Ops because some of the characters from the Bodyguard overlap.

The book starts out in Las Vegas where Crystal (AKA Tinkerbell) is a security guard for a casino. She gets propositioned by an Asian warlord who won't take no for...more
Gina
OMG OMG OMG!!! This is my favorite book of this series yet!

I love Johnny and Crystal (he calls her tink as in tinkerbell how cute is that). I loved the chemistry between these two, the banter and the fact that both of them were deathly afraid to admit to any deeper feelings for each other. Johnny was a definitely a hot alpha man, but also a man with an look and smile that let you know "resistance is futile". You just hoped you didn't get to broken hearted when it was over.....

but then he finall...more
Joy
"In the heat of the night, without a single word spoken, she felt everything change between them. Until this moment, they'd only played at love, danced cautiously around the prospect of commitment. But as he sank in and out of her body, immersing them in sensation and a profound stream of consciousness, he sought her gaze in the dark. What she saw in his eyes brought tears to hers as it became achingly, wonderfully clear.
The biggest player of them all wasn't playing anymore.”

Another great read...more
Isis FG
Rating: 4.5 / 5

I rather liked this addition to the Bodyguards/Black Ops series. It wasn't perfect. There was one area I thought could have been better, but other than that, I enjoyed it. Both the hero and heroine kicked butt, the story is a bit heart-wrenching, and it kept me reading cover to cover.

Series Note:
Best to read this series in order.

Summary:
Crystal knew Johnny Duane Reed was going to be trouble from the moment she met him. So how she keeps ending up in bed with him, she doesn't know....more
Jennifer Lane
Thank you to Buggy for recommending this series! Whisper No Lies is the third book in the Black Ops romantic suspense series, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Though she doesn't look like your typical security agent, showty Crystal works for a casino in Las Vegas. She's a red-haired, green-eyed firecracker who doesn't take anyone's shit. She's best friend to Abbie, the heroine of Take No Prisoners, and met Black Ops team member Johnny Duane Reed while helping Abbie out of a tight spot in book #2.

Reed...more
 ~V~

**3 1/2 stars**

Whisper No Lies, the third book in the Black Ops series, had another exciting, edge of your seat, suspenseful storyline with lot of action and romance, but i would have to say that it was my least favorite of the ones i've read so far. While i LOVED Johnny, i didn't so much care for Crystal. After everything she'd gone through, she should have gone back to the states and let the guys from Black Ops Inc. take care of business, but oh no...she had to insist on heading into the front...more
Kayla
Best book yet! I love a strong female character and Crystal Debrowski did not disappoint.

Crystal has trained to be a cop all her life. However, because of a series of ear infections, she couldn't pass the hearing part of the cop physical. Crystal is also a black belt in martial arts (five years of training) and she knows how to handle weapons. Needles to say, this little five foot Tinkerbell can take care of herself. And boy does she!

Johnny Duane Reed has been interested is Crystal since he firs...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 Stars

Cindy Gerard is the *sigh* Queen. I think it has become a habit of mine to finish one of Cindy's books, place my Kindle down and just let out a big, heartfelt sigh.

Her suspense novels are sledge hammer - hard hitting. They knock me for six when it comes to the continuous adrenaline rush and heart palpitating romance. I love them all. Whisper No Lies included.

Johnny Duane Reed has always held a soft spot in my heart. From the last book in the Bodyguard series I have been openly crushing...more
Wendy
Feb 25, 2010 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance adventure lovers
I hve loved all of Cindy Gerard's books that I have read, but this is one that I have waited for for a while. I first came to be interested in these characters in Take No Prisoner's. Johnny Duane Reed is in several of her books and now he has a book just about him and his on again off again lover Crystal. When Johnny visits his friend Sam Lang in Vegas he always sees his lover Crystal, who is also Sam's wife Abby's best friend. Crystal is abducted in this story and taken to Indonesia as a Sex Sl...more
Duchess Nicole
I knew that I'd just love Johnny Reed! Rarely have I read a book that makes a player into such a softie. I imagine it's hard to make the hero into every woman's dream man while also showing such vulnerability, but Ms. Gerard really nailed it with Reed. And Crystal was kick-butt in a believable way, and perfect for him. Though parts of the storyline were horrifying, mainly due to the fact that they actually happen, even more parts were uplifting. I found myself wanting to do a fist pump and say,...more
Melissa
Oh WOW what can I say... I love me some Johnny Duane Reed!

I thought the book started out with a bang but somewhere in between I wasn't so sure. I was hoping it picked back up and sure enough it did.
This was going to be a 4 1/2 star rating for me until the ending and even after finishing the book I'm still smiling.

So for that 5 stars all the way!!

Cindy Gerard is becoming one of my favorite authors. I have only read the first three books in this series and will continue. I would also like to get...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third in the Black Ops series by Cindy Gerard. The hero and heroine actually got together in the previous book, Take No Prisoners. I loved Johnny and Crystal's story. I loved that Crystal was such a kick*** woman who could take care of herself but didn't seem overly bothered that Johnny tried to take care of her anyway.
Cristina

This book is my favorite of her Black Ops so far,due to the characters. Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal are a great couple, feisty, fun!!!!

Johnny:
Photobucket

Love this couple!

Photobucket

Excellent composition and exciting intrigue. This is a very good author and I would certainly not hesitate to read more of her books.

Great job Cindy!!!!
Norma
I really, really liked this one! Great story with a bad guy you love to hate. He was just this side of the "so evil it's silly" line that so often gets crossed with Romantic Suspense. He was believably evil, which makes a difference. And Johnny and Chrystal were terrific!

One thing that stood out for me with this book was that it was told in both points of view. I loved that the emotional scenes and even the sex scenes were told from Johnny's POV. It was wonderful to read his feelings and to rea...more
Ruth
Another great story to add to the series. Another great hero and heroine, ably assisted by the secondary players and one scumbag villain. The hero is drop-dead gorgeous, smart and knows it and the heroine is a take-no-prisoners, sassy, hardnut in the body of a "showgirl", and they can't keep their hands off each other. As in the two previous books the writing is so real, particularly the descriptions of the characters emotions, that you can almost reach out and touch them. The action stuff is go...more
TJ
Cindy Gerard sure knows how to write riveting romantic/suspense! The thrills start as soon as the book is opened and continue until the last page. The suspense aspect is believable and very well done. It was the romance aspect in this book that was a little hard to swallow. A couple of wham-bam,thank you, ma'm one night stands having been referred to, then suddenly when danger hits, they can't live without each other? Eh..... just not working as remotely realistic.
SheLove2Read
This is the 3rd book in Gerard's trilogy (at least a trilogy so far as we know). Still not as good as book 1 but I did like it. Solid B. The only thing that I can really say that turned me off on it was our hero's "I'm just like my old man and so I'm not good enough for her" whine fest toward the end.
Shannon C.
This book is part of the Black Ops series, which is overall a very good romantic suspense series. I thought this was the weakest in the series so far. It started good--very fast paced and suspenseful. But then there were too many things that I just couldn't buy--completely unbelieveable.
Robin *loves sexy books*
this was my favorite so far, i like it even better than risk no secrets that just came out.

there is something about johnny duane reed that i love. he and crystal are so perfect.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Crystal Debrowski has got it all – the red, pixie hair, the big boobs, the mile-long legs. Many envy her good looks, but it’s those same looks that have made her a target of an Indonesian bastard named Yao Long.

Yao wants Crystal as his slave. His sex slave.

When Yao’s second-in-command, Wong Li tries to proposition Crystal on behalf of Mr. Yao, Crystal gives the two the one-finger salute. It isn’t until her job is in jeopardy and she spends some time behind bars that s...more
Angela Noviana
Whisper No Lies ini bercerita mengenai sahabat Abbie (Take No Prisoners) dengan anggota Black Ops yang playboy, yaitu Reed. Walaupun action-nya menurutku kurang seseru yang pertama dan tidak terlalu berdarah-darah, aku tetap menyukai karya Cindy Gerard ini.

Jadi ceritanya si Crystal dideketin sama bos Cina. Nah si bos Cina ini ternyata bisa dibilang adalah mucikari. Dia jual cewek-cewek ke rumah bordil. Si Crystal diculik dan Reed berusaha menemukan dan membawa wanita itu kembali ke AS.

Setting da...more
Kathy Davie
Third in the Black Ops, Inc. romantic suspense series revolving around the BOIs, a mercenary troupe working way undercover for Uncle Sam. The couple focus is on Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal Debrowski.

Cindy Gerard includes information on learning more about human trafficking and the over 800,000 annual victims it claims at www.acf.hhs.gov/trafficking or through the National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 888-373-7888.

My Take
Ooof, there's so much action and tension in this story...I almost...more
Kathleen
Not quite 3 stars. My friends loved this one, but I MUCH preferred Killing Time, the first in the One-Eyed Jacks series. My main gripe is the plot (see spoilers below), but the relationship building was weak, too.

Johnny and Crystal (likeable characters) were already sleeping together before the book started. However, because of a verbally abusive father, Johnny felt worthless, unable to bring anything good to a relationship, and therefore unwilling to commit, even though he clearly cared for Cr...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
“That cowboy had heartbreak written all over him and she'd be damned if she knew why every time he blew into town she ended up naked before he ended up gone. Reed always ended up gone.”

I loved loved LOVED this book. I know I have said that a lot on this site! LOL but I really mean it…
What I would give for a Reed & Gabe Sandwich! LOL

Can’t fault it at all!
I fell in love with Crystal in the last book when she did exactly what Abbie asked no questions asked just because Abbie asked her too. T...more
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall...more
More about Cindy Gerard...
Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2) Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4) With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)

“Wrangler butts drive me nuts.” 20 likes
“Live for something rather than die for nothing.
—George Patton”