Start by marking “Seek the Living: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Seek the Living: A Novel

Seek the Living: A Novel

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Since her mother’s death, Joan Patee has kept the peace between her wayward brother, Denny, and her strong-willed father. Now confronted with her own troubles—a marriage strained by distance and the desire to have a child—Joan discovers that Denny is far worse off than she imagined. He's hatched a moneymaking scheme involving artifacts found in unmarked graves that may dat ...more
Published July 14th 2006 by Mariner Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Seek the Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seek the Living

Lisa
Probably one of the most undesirable books I've read. The characters were bland, the plot was bland, there was little climax or excitement, etc. etc, and it definitely wasn't worth $20 when I was 16 years old. I feel like the "sex-scenes", if I remember correctly, were sporadically thrown in and I feel like those were the only exciting and emotional parts of the entire novel, although they meant little to the entire plot. I think I read the first half and skimmed the rest. :(
Diane
My rating is really a 2.5.

I felt nothing for any of the characters in this novel. I felt that the author didn't give enough information about who was who and what their relationship was to each other. I could barely finish the last 50 pages.
Alex Livingstone
I dug the story in this one. It helped that it story took place in a part of the south that I am familiar with. Some loose characters in this one. And a fish camp jam.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Aug 12, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Katia
Katia marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Ashley Andrews
Ashley Andrews marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Stephanie Cerney
Stephanie Cerney marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Cassondra
Cassondra marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Pizza
Pizza added it
Nov 20, 2013
Monica
Monica added it
Aug 22, 2013
Lauren
Lauren is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2013
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ashley Warlick writing 1 8 Jan 28, 2009 09:19AM
The Distance from the Heart of Things The Summer After June Readers Guide Distance from the Heart

“I think how there are fault lines in men as old and uncharted as the earth itself. Made known just before the ground starts separating and by then it's too late.” 2 likes