Start by marking “Home Is Where the Learning Is: Homeschool Lifestyles from Homeschool Moms” as Want to Read:
Home Is Where the Learning Is: Homeschool Lifestyles from Homeschool Moms

Home Is Where the Learning Is: Homeschool Lifestyles from Homeschool Moms

Why do some parents think it's important to homeschool their child? The whys and hows of homeschool are answered in this informative book about homeschooling. Read about eight courageous women who homeschooled their children and how they did it.
Published April 30th 2006 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about Home Is Where the Learning Is, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Is Where the Learning Is

Ami
Apr 22, 2016 Ami rated it it was ok
Shelves: homeschooling
Rather than reading about a wide variety of homeschooling families and their methods, the contributing writers of this book seemed almost identical to each other. There were a few exceptions (the mother who lived on a boat and the unschooling family, for example) but most of the stories were interchangeable.
If you want a book that truly looks at many different homeschooling lifestyles I would recommend Lisa Whelchel's So You're Thinking About Homeschooling: Fifteen Families Show How You Can Do
Valerie Steimle
Aug 27, 2012 Valerie Steimle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: homeschool, education
This book gives insight to the homeschool world. Ms. Steimle writes about what it is like to homeschool and includes other mothers to write from their perspective. Very helpful.
Eva Pirro
Eva Pirro rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2011
James Steimle
James Steimle rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Maverick
Sep 27, 2008 Maverick marked it as to-read
Shelves: reference
Author is a friend of mine.
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
May 22, 2013
Meg
Meg rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2007
Deanna Annaed
Deanna Annaed rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Joan Sowards
Joan Sowards marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2009
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Brynn
Brynn marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2011
Dawn Mcclure
Dawn Mcclure marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Demetria Zinga
Demetria Zinga marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2016
Despite being born and raised a Yankee I moved to southern Alabama with my husband and nine children and have found myself partial to the south. I've always been passionate about families and despite being busy with my own, felt compelled to write about them. Starting with a column in the local newspaper, I have since published several books regarding family issues. During that time my husband ...more
More about Valerie J. Steimle...