A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4)

A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,137 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Stone Creek veterinarian Olivia O'Ballivan communicates easily with animals, but men are another story. Especially rugged architect-turned-rancher Tanner Quinn. Olivia's uncanny bond with his daughter Sophie's pony, Butterpie, has him questioning her sanity, while she wonders if he's not just a drugstore cowboy. Then twelve-year-old Sophie conspires with Olivia to get Tann...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Silhouette Desire (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Stone Creek Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stone Creek Christmas

Isis FG
I'd probably give this book three thumbs up if I had three thumbs ;) It was a great, if short, read - fun and sweet, romantic and whimsical, with just enough emotional angst to keep it from being too light.

The book connects to LLM's McKettrick series and Stone Creek series (which are also connected to each other). Though this is called A Stone Creek Christmas, connecting it to the historical western Stone Creek series, it's a contemporary (i.e. modern) romance. And it more directly connects to T...more
4th in the Stone Creek series and also connected to the McKettrick series--it follows the 9th book in the series, The McKettrick Way (about Brad O'Ballivan and Meg McKettrick). This is the first modern day Stone Creek book.

Olivia O'Ballivan, descendant of Sam O'Ballivan, is the town veterinarian. She is jokingly called Dr. Doolittle for her ability to communicate with animals. She really does communicate with them, too. Olivia is taken with her new neighbor, Tanner Quinn, who is the contractor f...more
Jackie
Book Info
Published (first published October 1st 2007)
original title A Stone Creek Christmas

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Beth Cutwright
Miller's A Stone Creek Christmas was such a magical cross between Lofting's, Dr Doolittle and Dicken's , A Christmas Carol, with a more modern take. It was a fun read at 211 pages.

Christmas is such a special time of year and all of us allow for the miraculous and magical moments the season provides. So if you are looking for a straight forward reality in this Christmas story, pass on by.
This book will provide lots of magical moments and lots of warmth and fuzziness. I enjoyed the book, especiall...more
Lynda
If you love the author’s McKettrick Series, this book fleshes out some of the characters in the series.

This Christmas story centers around Olivia O’Ballivan, the local Stone Creek, Arizona vet and Tanner Quinn, new to the area with absolutely NO plans of making his permanent home there. Or anywhere else for that matter.

I think my dogs not only talk to each other but sometimes it is absolutely clear what they are saying to me as well. However, Olivia has an ability to actually “communicate” wit...more
Melissa
Linda Lael Miller is my guilty pleasure. Sure I read other romances, but I don't seem to enjoy them nearly as much as I do hers. And since this one combined a Miller romance with Christmas, well it definitely "tis the season."

Olivia is a veterinarian in the small town of Stone Creek. Her brother, Brad, once a famous magician is now building a shelter that she'll be the head of. He's brought in Tanner Quinn to build it too. Tanner is a good guy, but flighty. After the death of his wife he sent hi...more
Colleen
Continuing Miller's tales about the O'Ballivan clan of Stone Creek, AZ, this novella focuses on Olivia. The veterinarian who can communicate with animals. As the title suggests, this one occurs around the holidays and centers on Olivia's relationship with her family -- older brother Brad, his wife Meg, and her younger, twin sisters Ashley and Melissa -- and the handsome new neighbor and newcomer to town Tanner Quinn and his smart & stubborn daughter Sophie. Brad has hired Tanner to build an...more
Ladiibbug
#4 Stone Creek series - Contemporary Christmas Romance

A lighthearted, sentimental, cute Chistmas-themed book that left me feeling warm and fuzzy.

Olivia O'Bannion is a vet who can hear animals' thoughts and communicate with them. Rodney the reindeer, Butterpie the horse, her own dog Ginger ...

Many different couples and characters and lots of personal conflicts and issues are in the air at Christmas time. I enjoyed this very much!

I've been reading the western historical Stone Creek series set in...more
Elizabeth A
I have loved all of Linda Lael Millers books. She writes the character descriptions so clearly that I feel as if I actually know the people. The characters in this book were no exception. Loved Olivia's and Tanner's story.
Chris
Mollie *scoutrmom*
This was a good romance with an underlying theme of the meaning of family. Olivia may have sorrow in her life, but she can count on her brother and sisters in spite of the fact that life has left her without parents.

Tanner Quinn has to learn how to rebuild a family for his daughter after traumatically losing his wife in a way that left him blaming himself.

Kris Kringle and his pal Rodney provide a little bit of magic, as does Olivia's special ability. Aside from that this is just a plain old cont...more
Jill Twigg
Linda Lael Miller never disappoints. This book was a fun read from the Dr. Doolittlesque vet Olivia to the Christmas tree vendor Kris Kringle. The drama within the O'Ballivan family was heartfelt as was the fear of attack on the Quinn family. I loved watching the miracle of the season unfold between Olivia and Tanner Quinn.
Ashley
I am surprised that being only 200pgs that this book was actually pretty good. I am unsure if Tanner's family past issues were previously in another book but his past was a huge thing to put in a small book. I wish however there were more details for romance and more of it but overall I really enjoyed the book. Most small books aren't able to fit everything and still make sense and be really goood this was an exception. Once again great book Linda Lael Miller... I keep reading out of order but I...more
Alisa Garate
There was some cheesy things like the talking animals and such but...it IS centered around Christmas so you have to allow for that. For such a short book, there seemed to be A LOT of emotionally damaged people... Since I have read the other books in the series, it ended up being kind of a side note to tell this particular story and is a good lead in to what's going to happen to her sister.
Natalie
I really do love reading while I'm on the treadmill,I go thru books really fast.I have always loved christmas stories,and I loved this one.I think I'm getting hooked by this author....And I'm looking foward to reading another book by her.Her stories flow nicely along and the plots are fresh and not something I'v seen over and over again.I highly recommend reading her books.
Megan
My first thought when I sat down to write this review was "super cute!" I know, I know. Not the most eloquent thing you have heard today, right? I can't help it though. This book was seriously super cute and I loved it beyond reason. I need to find a Chistmas tree asap. I would recommend this book to romance lovers, especially around Christmas time.
Linda
I love the Stone Creek series. Olivia is one of my favorite characters and I am so glad she got her own book. What's not to love when animals talk to her?! Ginger has an attitude that rocks, add in a depressed pony, a lost (or not) reindeer, a hunk of a cowboy, a precocious 12 year old girl and Kris Kringle and Olivia just doesn't stand a chance.
Wendy
Dec 14, 2008 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
This is a Good one to read at the Christmas Holiday. It really put me in the spirit. Olivia is a fun character that talks to animals. Her dog and her converse thoughout the book and these are great fun. And her next door neighbor is a Hunk. Tanner is a man I could really identify with. Make you Holiday special and read this one. Its a fast read.
Dawn ♥ romance
A fun Christmas Dr Dolittle story with lots of players, events, and story-lines spiced with a little holiday magic and a nice ending but romance moved at warp speed and hero needed lots of help to see the obvious. Veterinarian Olivia tunes in to an unhappy horse owned by architect Tanner.
Mem
Nice Christmas story in the back-ground. Veterinarian Olivia O'Ballivan communicates with animals. Her dog Ginger is her helper.
Tanner Quinn is in Stone Creek working on a construction project.
A missing reindeeer, and Quinn's daughter contribute to a Christmas mericle
Marleen
Cute and easy read. Since this one is written for the Silhouette publication house, it misses the multi-layered quality Linda Lael Miller is able to give to her characters in other books, for other publication houses.
Still, it's enjoyable, but a little too light.
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
This is a short, feel good read. I haven't read a Silhouette novel in awhile and I wouldn't make this my normal fare but this is a great Christmas romance written by one of my favorite romance writers. It definitely leaves you smiling foolishly at the end :)
Li
Not a massively memorable story - I bought it primarily because I was in the mood for Christmas stories. I think the talking-to-animals angle plus Kris Kringle required a suspension of disbelief that I couldn't quite manage.
Patricia Solla
Liked the story and the characters. Author did a good job of developing the story line. Left a few things up in the air at the end but I guess that's because it must be part of a family series.
Linda
This was a great book. It pulled me in from the beginning. Very hard to put down. I pleased to see this was part of a series...but now I have to try to hunt down the rest...I think this is #4.
Karen
Great little Christmas story. I loved Olivia. It is all about the ups and downs in relationships and family and it even has traces of Dr. Doolittle. A fun holiday read.
i've never thought of myself as a cowboy kinda gal .. but i am hooked on this author and her stone creek tales .. am already on the next one!
Odetta
Jun 02, 2011 Odetta rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Odetta by: Talking Book
This is the first book I've listened to in this series. I listened all the way through, but thought it was kind of dumb with talking animals.
Michelle
I liked the story of the book, but had a hard time with the main character communicating with the animals. Other than that, good story.
Naomi
It was ok and pretty predictable..def. not my normal type of read, but one that I will use as a distraction from a heavier read.
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Cowboy
  • Mistletoe Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #5)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Men of the West: Harden\\Evan\\Donavan
  • Everlasting Love
  • The Protector
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie, #4.5)
  • A Regency Christmas Carol
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • A Little Bit Pregnant (Silhoutte Special Edition. #1573)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)