Start by marking “A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4)

A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek #4)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  1,496 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Stone Creek veterinarian Olivia O'Ballivan communicates easily with animals, but men are another story. Especially rugged architect-turned-rancher Tanner Quinn. Olivia's uncanny bond with his daughter Sophie's pony, Butterpie, has him questioning her sanity, while she wonders if he's not just a drugstore cowboy. Then twelve-year-old Sophie conspires with Olivia to get ...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Silhouette Desire (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Stone Creek Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stone Creek Christmas

jenjn79
Nov 28, 2008 jenjn79 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I'd probably give this book three thumbs up if I had three thumbs ;) It was a great, if short, read - fun and sweet, romantic and whimsical, with just enough emotional angst to keep it from being too light.

The book connects to LLM's McKettrick series and Stone Creek series (which are also connected to each other). Though this is called A Stone Creek Christmas, connecting it to the historical western Stone Creek series, it's a contemporary (i.e. modern) romance. And it more directly connects to T
Cassandra
Jun 15, 2016 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Schon auf den ersten Seiten, war ich sehr angetan von der Tierärztin Olivia. Wer Tiere in Not nach sich rufen hören kann, der kann nur meine Sympathien im Sturm gewinnen. Ich liebte es mit ihr und ihrer Hündin in die eisige Kälte aufzubrechen und habe mich auch zusammen mit ihr, für den Architekten von nebenan begeistern können. So fiel ich geradezu kopfüber in die Seiten.
Oct 04, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4th in the Stone Creek series and also connected to the McKettrick series--it follows the 9th book in the series, The McKettrick Way (about Brad O'Ballivan and Meg McKettrick). This is the first modern day Stone Creek book.

Olivia O'Ballivan, descendant of Sam O'Ballivan, is the town veterinarian. She is jokingly called Dr. Doolittle for her ability to communicate with animals. She really does communicate with them, too. Olivia is taken with her new neighbor, Tanner Quinn, who is the contractor f
Mareli
Aug 28, 2015 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this one was really a fairy tale, with dogs and horses and reindeer talking... I liked it like a tale.
Gretchen
Oct 12, 2016 Gretchen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Very surprised to see this story in the present day.... 1-3 were all set in early 1900s Arizona. Once I reset my expectations, it was a good story, but seemed odd that this was put in between the historicals (#5 takes us back to early days).

I also ended up looking for some sort of family map to show the connections between this story and the older characters, and some of Miller's other stories, but haven't found it yet.

ANYWAY, this story had the usual strengths of Miller - good characters, and
Cruth
Author: Linda Lael Miller
First published: 2007
Length: ~2800 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Stone Creek, Arizona.
Sex: Explicit-ish.
Hero: Contractor. Widow. 12yo daughter.
Heroine: Veterinarian

Definitely a Christmas story with appearances by Santa and his reindeers and a little Christmas dust.

Overall, an okay romance. No suspense. Just a relationship development with a rapid, Christmas-y ending.

The paranormal (Olivia can speak to animals) was pointlessly added and did nothing for the story.
Jackie
Book Info
Published (first published October 1st 2007)
original title A Stone Creek Christmas

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Melissa
Dec 02, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cowboy, christmas
Linda Lael Miller is my guilty pleasure. Sure I read other romances, but I don't seem to enjoy them nearly as much as I do hers. And since this one combined a Miller romance with Christmas, well it definitely "tis the season."

Olivia is a veterinarian in the small town of Stone Creek. Her brother, Brad, once a famous magician is now building a shelter that she'll be the head of. He's brought in Tanner Quinn to build it too. Tanner is a good guy, but flighty. After the death of his wife he sent hi
Karen Peavler
Not part of the series as far as I'm concerned.
Ayu Wirdha
Sep 16, 2015 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akhirnya Gideon & Lydia dibuatkan cerita jg. Mereka muncul di buku 2 & terhubung ketika Lydia terkena pnemonia, ayahnya tewas & dlm pengasuhan ibu tiri yg kejam. Gideon & Lark merawat Lydia sampai bibinya datang utk merawatnya. Saat itulah Gideon memberikan surat ke Lydia, bila Lydia dlm kesulitan maka kirimkan surat itu ke Stone Creek maka Gideon akan lgsung datang. 10thn kmdian dlm keputusasaan setelah bibinya meninggal, rumah seisinya akan disita krn hutang, bibi buyut & ...more
Lynda
Aug 10, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
If you love the author’s McKettrick Series, this book fleshes out some of the characters in the series.

This Christmas story centers around Olivia O’Ballivan, the local Stone Creek, Arizona vet and Tanner Quinn, new to the area with absolutely NO plans of making his permanent home there. Or anywhere else for that matter.

I think my dogs not only talk to each other but sometimes it is absolutely clear what they are saying to me as well. However, Olivia has an ability to actually “communicate” wit
Colleen
Jun 12, 2010 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Continuing Miller's tales about the O'Ballivan clan of Stone Creek, AZ, this novella focuses on Olivia. The veterinarian who can communicate with animals. As the title suggests, this one occurs around the holidays and centers on Olivia's relationship with her family -- older brother Brad, his wife Meg, and her younger, twin sisters Ashley and Melissa -- and the handsome new neighbor and newcomer to town Tanner Quinn and his smart & stubborn daughter Sophie. Brad has hired Tanner to build an ...more
Ladiibbug
Dec 26, 2010 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#4 Stone Creek series - Contemporary Christmas Romance

A lighthearted, sentimental, cute Chistmas-themed book that left me feeling warm and fuzzy.

Olivia O'Bannion is a vet who can hear animals' thoughts and communicate with them. Rodney the reindeer, Butterpie the horse, her own dog Ginger ...

Many different couples and characters and lots of personal conflicts and issues are in the air at Christmas time. I enjoyed this very much!

I've been reading the western historical Stone Creek series set in
Beth Cutwright
Jul 13, 2014 Beth Cutwright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miller's A Stone Creek Christmas was such a magical cross between Lofting's, Dr Doolittle and Dicken's , A Christmas Carol, with a more modern take. It was a fun read at 211 pages.

Christmas is such a special time of year and all of us allow for the miraculous and magical moments the season provides. So if you are looking for a straight forward reality in this Christmas story, pass on by.
This book will provide lots of magical moments and lots of warmth and fuzziness. I enjoyed the book, especiall
Chris
Jan 24, 2011 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mollie *scoutrmom*
This was a good romance with an underlying theme of the meaning of family. Olivia may have sorrow in her life, but she can count on her brother and sisters in spite of the fact that life has left her without parents.

Tanner Quinn has to learn how to rebuild a family for his daughter after traumatically losing his wife in a way that left him blaming himself.

Kris Kringle and his pal Rodney provide a little bit of magic, as does Olivia's special ability. Aside from that this is just a plain old cont
Paula
Olivia O'Ballivan, decendant of Sam, is the county vet and local dr. dolittle. After finding a rogue reindeer on the street, she gets a distressing vibe from her new neighbors barn. A pony, Butterpie, is depressed because her owner, Sophie, is at bording school and her father, Tanner Quinn is not allowing her to come home for the holidays. Olivia and Tanner are thrown together often because Tanner is head of the construction job to build the town a new vet clinic and shelter. A little Christmas ...more
Ashley
Dec 27, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised that being only 200pgs that this book was actually pretty good. I am unsure if Tanner's family past issues were previously in another book but his past was a huge thing to put in a small book. I wish however there were more details for romance and more of it but overall I really enjoyed the book. Most small books aren't able to fit everything and still make sense and be really goood this was an exception. Once again great book Linda Lael Miller... I keep reading out of order but I ...more
Jeanne
Jul 12, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
This is a story of Stone Creek's veterinarian Olivia O'Ballivan and architect/rancher Tanner Quinn. Olivia has the uncanning ability to talk to and understand what the animals say to her. Tanner is a widow with a twelve year old daughter, Sophie. Sophie's pony, Butterpie brings Olivia and Tanner together just before Thanksgiving. The romance starts there and comes to a ever-after relationship on Christmas. A good little romance story!!
Wendy
Dec 14, 2008 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
This is a Good one to read at the Christmas Holiday. It really put me in the spirit. Olivia is a fun character that talks to animals. Her dog and her converse thoughout the book and these are great fun. And her next door neighbor is a Hunk. Tanner is a man I could really identify with. Make you Holiday special and read this one. Its a fast read.
Jill Twigg
Jan 16, 2014 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linda Lael Miller never disappoints. This book was a fun read from the Dr. Doolittlesque vet Olivia to the Christmas tree vendor Kris Kringle. The drama within the O'Ballivan family was heartfelt as was the fear of attack on the Quinn family. I loved watching the miracle of the season unfold between Olivia and Tanner Quinn.
Linda
Nov 05, 2011 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Stone Creek series. Olivia is one of my favorite characters and I am so glad she got her own book. What's not to love when animals talk to her?! Ginger has an attitude that rocks, add in a depressed pony, a lost (or not) reindeer, a hunk of a cowboy, a precocious 12 year old girl and Kris Kringle and Olivia just doesn't stand a chance.
Megan
My first thought when I sat down to write this review was "super cute!" I know, I know. Not the most eloquent thing you have heard today, right? I can't help it though. This book was seriously super cute and I loved it beyond reason. I need to find a Chistmas tree asap. I would recommend this book to romance lovers, especially around Christmas time.
Alisa Garate
There was some cheesy things like the talking animals and such but...it IS centered around Christmas so you have to allow for that. For such a short book, there seemed to be A LOT of emotionally damaged people... Since I have read the other books in the series, it ended up being kind of a side note to tell this particular story and is a good lead in to what's going to happen to her sister.
Natalie
Jul 31, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really do love reading while I'm on the treadmill,I go thru books really fast.I have always loved christmas stories,and I loved this one.I think I'm getting hooked by this author....And I'm looking foward to reading another book by her.Her stories flow nicely along and the plots are fresh and not something I'v seen over and over again.I highly recommend reading her books.
Li
Not a massively memorable story - I bought it primarily because I was in the mood for Christmas stories. I think the talking-to-animals angle plus Kris Kringle required a suspension of disbelief that I couldn't quite manage.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
This is a short, feel good read. I haven't read a Silhouette novel in awhile and I wouldn't make this my normal fare but this is a great Christmas romance written by one of my favorite romance writers. It definitely leaves you smiling foolishly at the end :)
Dawn ♥ romance
Dec 05, 2013 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
A fun Christmas Dr Dolittle story with lots of players, events, and story-lines spiced with a little holiday magic and a nice ending but romance moved at warp speed and hero needed lots of help to see the obvious. Veterinarian Olivia tunes in to an unhappy horse owned by architect Tanner.
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved all of Linda Lael Millers books. She writes the character descriptions so clearly that I feel as if I actually know the people. The characters in this book were no exception. Loved Olivia's and Tanner's story.
Mem
Sep 15, 2011 Mem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nice Christmas story in the back-ground. Veterinarian Olivia O'Ballivan communicates with animals. Her dog Ginger is her helper.
Tanner Quinn is in Stone Creek working on a construction project.
A missing reindeeer, and Quinn's daughter contribute to a Christmas mericle
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #2)
  • The Texan's Reward (Wife Lottery, #4)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • The Loner
  • It Happened One Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #3)
  • A Regency Christmas Carol
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • The Christmas Countess
  • Blue Skies (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #4)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Stone Creek (6 books)
  • The Man from Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #1)
  • A Wanted Man (Stone Creek, #2)
  • The Rustler (Stone Creek, #3)
  • The Bridegroom (Stone Creek, #5)
  • At Home In Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #6)

“This place,” Sophie said, looking around at the ranch-house kitchen the next morning, “needs a woman’s touch. Or maybe a crack decorating crew from HGTV or DIY.” 0 likes