Start by marking “Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)

Read Excerpt

Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass #4)

New England is ideal for vampire Adam Dubois. His cozy home in the Great North Woods reminds him of a happier time when werewolves and witches were stuff of legends, and he was a simple lumberjack.

Hiding from past failures has worked for over eighty years, but a life debt owed to the Red Rock alpha has forced him to leave his retreat--and come face to face with a woman who
Published June 1st 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published May 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary Unbound

Sophia (FV)
May 30, 2010 Sophia (FV) rated it really liked it
Change is on the horizon at Red Rock Pass whether anyone likes it or not. The dangers that have been pressing in on the peaceful Sanctuary that Gavin and Samantha have run for years are coming to a head and the people of Red Rock Pass must be ready for war. An evil far more powerful than the power hungry Alphas from neighboring packs that threatened sanctuary in the past lie in wait and an attack is eminent.

Gavin has called upon an unlikely ally to help the pack fight. Adam Dubois is a reclusiv
Anne
Jun 23, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: z2013-bir
This story was all right. I was rather glad when it was finally over, though.
Mandi Schreiner
May 31, 2010 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Why I read: Author asked for a review and I really enjoy this series.

Favorite Quote: "Cindy." Her name rumbled out of him, sounding like a caress. An invitation. Which it is.

Vampire Adam Dubois is an old friend of alpha, and Red Rock Sanctuary’s leader, Gavin. They go way back and Gavin has asked him to come to Red Rock to help with trouble brewing. Recco, an alpha in a neighboring Helena pack, is helping feed a vampire with blood bonds. The vampire has bound himself to many, many wolves and the
Patti TheLoveJunkee
May 28, 2010 Patti TheLoveJunkee rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this book, and wow, just, wow! I've read the previous three books in this series and enjoyed them very much; Sanctuary Unbound, Book 4 in the Red Rock Pass series is my new favorite.

As the book opens, Cindy Shepherd is taking care of the pack Alpha, Gavin, who's just had his 3rd heart attack. Gavin knows he's sick, and he's waiting for Keith to come back from Bedagi Creek, where he's wrapped up events from book three and is on his way home to Red Rock - and he's bringing
Nicole
The dynamic writing duo known as Moira Rogers aka Bree & Donna, have finally come out with their must anticipated Vampire Lumberjack Romance, Sanctuary Unbound. Now, I’ll be honest when I first heard about the vamp lumberjack, I was hesitant… but oh the jokes are hilarious and the story works!

Adam Dubois recently left his secluded cabin in Maine to join the heroes in Red Rocks to try and fight off the newest threat: a power hungry vampire feeding off a wolf pack. Adam has a little bit of kno
Habrewer
Dec 02, 2010 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Sanctuary Unbound is the 4th book in the Red Rock series. It has plenty of romance and action to stand on its own but the story is more powerful if read in series order. From the beginning you are drawn into the world known as Red Rock Pass. Not only are the pack in the middle of a war, they are dealing with a crisis that hits closer to home.

The tale begins with Cindy, the pack doctor, telling Gavin that he is going to have to give up his place as the Alpha of Red Rock. His body can't take the
Tiffany Danner
Jun 09, 2010 Tiffany Danner rated it really liked it
Sanctuary Unbound is the newest release in the Red Rock Pass series and takes a break from the werewolves we all know and love. Adam Dubois is a vampire friend of Gavin Hamilton, the alpha of Red Rock Pass. Adam, vampire lumberjack, leaves his home in Maine to help the Red Rock Pass wolves fight an unknown vampire enemy back home. He expected to fulfill the life debt he owed to Gavin and return home to his solitude… he didn’t expect to find Cindy, a werewolf who tempts him in dangerous ways.

I ad
Maria
Jun 04, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
I think that “Sanctuary Unbound” the fourth book in the Red Rock Pass series by Moira Rogers is my favorite in this series. I’ve told in my reviews of the previous books that this paranormal romance series isn’t a common one. A dark world-building and tormented characters manage to create a unique story.

Now it’s time to learn about Adam the vampire and Cindy a werewolf and the doctor of the pack. Both of them are lonely creatures and haunted by their past. So far they didn’t want anyone to reall
Steph
Jan 29, 2012 Steph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
Ok so I know I said that Joe is my favourite, but Adam has just topped him by a mile.
I loved that from the very beginning we get to see some of his great sence of humour. It made me laugh when he was trying to hard to drive the 'modern car' and was failing pretty miserably.
Cindy is another strong wolf and her personality is more than a match for Adam.
It was really sad to learn that this war has been taking a massive toll on Gavin, their Alpha. I think it has been very easy to forget that
Kelly
Jun 30, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
We finally get to meet some vampires. Adam Dubois, the lumberjack vampire from Maine, friend of the Alpha, who Dylan, Sascha, Brynn and Joe go to recruit to their side (book #3) takes center stage when he comes to Red Rock to help the wolves with their Helena problem. He falls for Cindy, the town doctor, but he has a deep dark secret he's not thrilled to let out. She's kinda screwed up too. Apparently, being secretive means you'll have hot sex. Often.

First off, did you see the part about a lumbe
Jessie Collins
Feb 06, 2016 Jessie Collins rated it it was amazing
Fourth book in the Red Rock Pass Series, this tells of Adam Dubois, vampire extraordinaire and Dr Cindy Shepherd, alpha wolf and pack doctor. Adam and Gavin Hamilton pack alpha, have known each other for decades. Gavin sent Dylan, Sasha, Brynn and Joe to the northeast in book 3 to find and connect with Adam, asking for his help in the long drawn out war that now has a new player. Mathews pack has a vampire at its core. Gavin knows he’s going to need supernatural assistance to defeat this guy. ...more
Marquetta
Jun 12, 2010 Marquetta rated it liked it
Who knew that a vampire lumberjack can be sexy as hell? Apparently Cindy does as she gets the fever for vampire Adam when he rolls into Red Rock to help out his old buddy Gavin.

I loved this book because Sanctuary Unbound was more focused on the main couple and their budding relationship and not on the werewolf politics. The side characters still made an appearance and were involved in the plot line. There was still werewolf and vampire ass-kickin' but I loved reading the one-on-one time between
gremlin
Sep 23, 2012 gremlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable story, and we get followup from A Safe Harbor as vampire Adam Dubois leaves main and comes to Red Rock Pass to help.

Cindy is the werewolf doctor in Red Rock, and she's lonely. She's immediately attracted to Adam, and he to her. Since Adam plans to leave after the war is won, both know this isn't a long term thing but agree to be together while he's in town. Only of course things don't stay that way.
Holly
May 30, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it

Cindy and Adam were fabulous together. I loved the way they balanced each other - the Vampire Lumberjack and the Doctor Werewolf. Each had scars from things in their past, and each really helped the other overcome some of the pain and grief brought on by those. I especially liked that both were strong despite having suffered so much in the past. Neither of them need to be rescued, only healed.

Jessica
Aug 31, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2013-reads
This series shocked me, to be honest I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, yes some of the books moved to fast or something would occur and you'd roll your eyes and say uh huh, sure! But I loved the characters and their easy banter, the only character that I pictured different from his actual description was Dylan I just didn't see him as a red head. I also loved that they were quick reads because everything happened so fast it was hard to put down.
Spgmt *Paula*
Apr 22, 2011 Spgmt *Paula* rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this series at Red Rock Pass, it had a mixture of everything warewolfs & vampires, it was rude, but with a good amount of story chucked in, I enjoyed the plots ofeachbook and how they all carried on through each of the four books andbythe end book all of the charactors that we readabout in the beginning come together.
If you enjoy Moira Rogers style of writing I would recommend these 4 books.
Darcy
Nov 29, 2013 Darcy rated it liked it
I sort of found the big battle to be anti-climatic, I expected more. The romance between Cindy and Adam had me laughing because they kept warning the other off. I did find it interesting how everyone warned Adam that he shouldn't hurt Cindy. I am happy with how things ended, happy that everyone got their HEA.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Adam has come to help his friends pack, thanks to sasha and Dylan he made it the there to help.
Adam find Cindy hard to get out of his head.
While helping the pack fight another vampire. While preparing for the battle save the pack town, Adam and Cindy get very very close. Will he go after please read to see.
Brenda
Jun 05, 2011 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Adam is a lumberjack vampire who has and still does care for werewolves. He's a recluse. He broods. He's sexy as hell, and dang, is this my favorite story in the series. SO much happens with the entire pack even though the focus is on Adam and Cindy. It's full of action, suspense, romance and emotion.
Natalie
Feb 16, 2016 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sanctuary Unbound

Well about time everyone had a little peace, quiet and happy times. I loved how she brought him back from the darkness. I was sure they were going to go at It right there in the streets.
Psycgirl
May 23, 2016 Psycgirl rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others in the series. The mystery and villain were vague and the lore around vampires was not as well developed as I usually expect from the authors work. The romance also seemed to happen too quickly for my liking but may work for others.
Mspink
Jun 06, 2010 Mspink rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series. It was wonderful to see Cindy finally find true love. This pack is very special. Their little town is very unique and I love the world Moira Rogers has built for us in Red Rock. Can't get enough of it.
Julia Handley
Feb 02, 2016 Julia Handley rated it it was amazing
I've loved reading this series and how people got together. Werewolve and Vampire? brilliant I loved it especially with Cindy getting her fella and Adam being able to let go of the past and find happiness himself.
Suz
Aug 06, 2011 Suz rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
3.5 Stars. This was a decent entry in the series. The romance happened a bit too quickly for me, but the notion of a werewolf doctor having an affair with a lumberjack vampire was cute. The story is going in a different direction now, but this book continues to develop the characters.

Claire
Pretty much just read to finish out the series. Interesting magic happening near the end, but too much talking in circles between all the characters.
Felicia (Ferishia)
I have not read a book by Moira Rodgers that I didn't like. She brings it with her engaging stories mixed with with hot smex. A Lumber Jack vampire? Talk about HOT!!
SheLove2Read
Aug 15, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, 2010
This was depressing and morose and by the time I gave up on the story, I just didn't care what happened to who. DNF.
Chrizette
Jul 11, 2010 Chrizette rated it liked it
I usually like Moira Rogers but this one did not grab me. I felt cheated - maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind.
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Denise
Denise rated it it was ok
May 16, 2011
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Moonlight Menage (Lucani Lovers, #2)
  • Ready to Run (Werewolves in Love, #3)
  • Never Have I Ever (Reynolds Pack, #1)
  • Fall Into Me (Hearts of the South, #7)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Rare Vintage (Lords of the Were Universe, #3; Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Crazed Hearts (Grimm's Circle, #3)
  • The Last Detail
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Red Rock Pass (4 books)
  • Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)
  • Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)