Zankoku na Kami ga Shihaisuru  (Volume 1)

Zankoku na Kami ga Shihaisuru (残酷な神が支配する / Zankoku na Kami ga Shihaisuru / A Cruel God Reigns #1)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Zankoku na Kami ga Shihaisuru portrays the tale of two step-brothers - Jeremy and Ian, as they strive to discover their separate paths towards redemption.

Jeremy, a sensitive but outgoing 17 year old, is delighted to hear the news of his neurotic and excitable mother's remarriage to a wealthy British man. However, much to his horror, his sweet-talking new step-father Greg,...more
Serialized In (magazine), 340 pages
Published 1992 by Shougakukan

Trix
Mizuki
Last year I read this one online, and goodness, it's truly disturbing but you will not be able to get the story out of your mind anytime soon.

It's a story about abuse, crime, guilt, loss of innocence and redemption.

(view spoiler)...more
Nia
I love the Manga classics; Hagio Moto, Yasuko Aoike, Riyoko Ikeda, Osamu Tezuka. 70s Manga is the best and I have noticed that there is a certain something that lacks in todays manga. It's because generally everything is so cut and dry now. In a manga nowadays there is no tension, nothing that scares you to the pit of your soul... two characters meet and fall in love almost instantaneously.

This story is a love story, but it's also a story of deeply sustained abuse. It's the story of a boy who is...more
Anne Freya
1 star for volume 1-6 (due to the disturbing scenes), 4 stars for volume 7-17

Selesai baca manga ini seperti ada perasaan kehilangan & kekosongan... Perasaan yg sering kurasakan tiap kali menyelesaikan novel atau manga yg sangat berkualitas.

Bnr2 salah satu manga yg paling berkesan dlm hidupku.... Alasan aku memberi rating 1 bintang untuk 6 buku pertama akan dijelaskan di bawah setelah sinopsis pendek di bawah ini.

Membaca manga ini membuatku teringat novel psikologis berjudul Menyingkap Karen...more
Seregil
Jun 02, 2013 Seregil rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Seregil by: Trix
This is a complex manga that deals with serious issues (murder, drugs, child abuse). It's a pretty tragic story, but the characters always struggle for something better and therefore it rarely feels hopeless.
It's an older manga (from 1992) and it shows in the drawing style, but it didn't feel outdated at all. I really liked the drawing style.
It's a bit annoying that in the beggining it implies that men become homosexual because they "try it out" become "hooked" on it. But other than there isn't...more
Anne Freya
* Resensi per tgl 17 Juli 2013 utk kesan pertama saat selesai membaca buku pertama dan kedua.*

* Resensi per tgl 6 September 2013 setelah selesai membaca hingga vol 17 chap 84. Tinggal beberapa chapter menuju akhir, perkiraanku sekitar 2-3 chapter lagi. Tamat di vol 17. Resensi kedua ada di bagian bawah setelah resensi pertama.

Lagi malas baca novel belakangan ini, banyak yg plot ceritanya gitu-gitu aja. Jadi beralih ke genre lain aja yg lebih ekstrim.

Manga yg satu ini mengingatkanku pada Lolita,...more
Zeh
One of my favorite manga artist! However, I did slightly prefer Marginal to this one cause I'm a scifi junky.
Angie Ignacio
This is an awesome manga. Sometimes a little sick but it is very emotional and you can almost feel Jeremy's pain in the story. It has about 85 chapters all i have read them all and even reread some chapters. I loved reading it but it is not yet complete. I'm currently waiting for more chapters to be updated. For me personally it's a must read. Well only for those people who can stomach some of the disgusting things it shows.
Orsolya Szabó
Nagyon, nagyon megrázó manga - az első pár kötet napokig tartó rosszulléttel "ajándékozott" meg. Nem értek igazán a lélektanhoz, így nem tudom felmérni, mennyire reálisak az ábrázolt lelki folyamatok. Azt hiszem - egyszer, ha majd csupafényes lesz az életem - elolvasom újra, hogy igazán megértsem és újraértékeljem. Különösen a végét, mert sok gondolkodnivalót adott.
Jessye
I cannot explain how much I love this manga. One of my favorite mangas of all time. One of the best I have ever read. Haigo Moto is seriously a genius.
Kimi
Kimi added it
May 15, 2014
Nostalgic
Nostalgic marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Haru
Haru added it
Jun 18, 2014
jamie
jamie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Moto Hagio (萩尾 望都 Hagio Moto) is a manga artist born in Ōmuta, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, though she currently lives in Saitama Prefecture.
She is considered a "founding mother" of modern shōjo manga, especially shōnen-ai. She is also a member of the Year 24 Group (24-Gumi). She has been described as "the most beloved shōjo manga artist of all time."
She helped pioneer both modern shoujo manga and...more
More about Moto Hagio...
A Drunken Dream and Other Stories The Heart of Thomas A, A' Hanshin Four Shojo Stories