Start by marking “Cheating, Death (Lost and Not Found, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cheating, Death (Lost and Not Found, #4)

Cheating, Death (Lost and Not Found)

When the walking dead fill the streets, who can cheat death? Who can survive? Featuring a zombie outbreak that devastates Denver, an indecisive adulterer, and a series of violent, disturbing, and perhaps even heart-rending events of the sort you'd expect when the dead rise up to eat the living, Cheating, Death is a roller-coaster ride through a horror show both of death an ...more
Published October 31st 2009 by Modern Evil Press (first published September 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cheating, Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheating, Death

Kristina
Dec 10, 2009 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Well I really enjoyed this one! I won this from a blog contest! Yeah! Autographed and all....I think if you are looking for a quick read and something different then this is a book to check out. I really enjoyed Teel's style of writing. You followed your main Character (Mel) all through the book but you got glimpses into other stories too. But you always get to come back to Mel and how those subplots actually affected him (and his family). Now get ready because there are some gruesome details an ...more
Doug
Nov 06, 2009 Doug rated it it was ok

This was the first book that I've read by Teel McClanahan, and after I put it down, I just kind of sat on my couch and wondered what I had just spent the last hour reading. (yes it only took an hour to read.)

The story is about the efforts of a indecisive adulterer to survive the unexpected appearence of zombies in his city. I addition to a mistress and a wife, he has two children to look out for as they make thier way across the increasingly dnagerous landscape.

The main problem I had with the b
Emily
Nov 11, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
The zombie apocalypse is going down in a big way in Denver, and Cheating, Death is the story of a few individuals and their attempts to survive the onslaught of zombies looking for a bite. Some of those people are kind of successful; some of them just aren't. It's hard to know which group was the luckier of the two; it's the classic battle between the diner and the dinner, so to speak.

Cheating, Death reads less like a novel and more like a short story collection, with many different tales being
Mandy
Oct 29, 2009 Mandy rated it really liked it
ZOMBIES!!!!

Ok, now that's out of the way. I've been trying to decide if I should do this review. Not because I didn't like, but because I do. You see, I'm in a bit of spot here. My husband is an author. In fact, he is the author of this book. So it could be seen as a marital obligation or some such....but it's nothing like that. I promise. I enjoyed this novel.

I'm a bit surprised with the revelation that I enjoyed a zombie novel. To date, I've only read one other zombie novel (Pride and Prejudic
TinaB
Nov 09, 2010 TinaB rated it liked it
When flesh eating monsters fill the streets, who can cheat death? Who among the helpless humans can survive the all you can eat buffet which is Denver? Will it be the indecisive adulterer Melvin, his wife and kids, the mistress, the National Guard?
The first 30 pages were a bit choppy in writing brief character set-up and dialog, but smoothed out nicely as the action picked up and the brains started flying. This is a very short book and a fast easy read for a few hours of bloody entertainment…(e
Dianne Owens
Dec 31, 2010 Dianne Owens rated it it was amazing
Genre: Horror (Zombie-movie)

I’ve been a fan of Teel McClanahan III ever since listening to the podcast version of Untrue Tales… Book One. Cheating, Death is a unique take on the zombie-movie genre. I have to say that in spite of some people’s complaints about the main character, Melvin Spall, I found him absolutely hilarious. He is indecisive when it comes to life outside of his workplace. He is cheating on his wife, Frances, with a much younger woman, Stacey, and is there at ground zero when a
Gail (myJunegirls)
Jan 07, 2010 Gail (myJunegirls) rated it really liked it
Having won this book on Goodreads I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous after reading the back of the book and relaizing this is part of a series. I don't usually like to read a series unless I start at the beginning. I do feel like maybe I missed some parts of the story starting with book 4 (I think it is book 4) but by page 4 I was intrigued enough to want to keep going.

Again, not knowing much about this series, I am not sure if it is geared towards Young Adults. I wish the book had mor
Angela Mcclanahan
Oct 22, 2009 Angela Mcclanahan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is an awesome zombie book! I couldn't put this book down just hoping to see what would happen next. The author did a great job of describing the zombie carnage with out grossing me out. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves zombies or really anyone who loves a book filled with good clean gore!
Crystal
Jan 12, 2010 Crystal rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Cheating Death and I liked it. Teel's book was engaging and kept me reading each chapter. I read it in one night not something I can say I've done before.

What I learned from this book was how to defend myself against zombies and how to defend my family.
Joy
Nov 13, 2009 Joy rated it liked it
A little gory and violent for my tastes, but it was still entertaining and humorous. This would have been perfect if I would have read it for Halloween.
Jef
Jef rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Frozen
Frozen rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Russell Proctor
Russell Proctor rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Sahdri
Sahdri rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Kristopher Hough
Kristopher Hough rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Robert C
Robert C rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Henrik Rostoft
Henrik Rostoft rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2011
NormaCenva
NormaCenva rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2016
Dane Faizela
Dane Faizela rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Bob Eichman
Bob Eichman rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2009
Parajunkee
Parajunkee rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2010
Shikira Brehm
Shikira Brehm rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Sethshaun
Sethshaun rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Tiffunee
Tiffunee rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Darren Raynor
Darren Raynor rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2012
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2010
Teel is happily married to an English teacher and they live together in Phoenix, AZ with a grumpy old cat, a skittish young cat, and thousands of books, both read and to-be-read. Virtual Danger is Teel’s nineteenth book, and there are plenty more trying to work their way into this world through the aperture of Teel's imagination, hoping to be found and loved by readers like you. Interestingly, non ...more
More about Teel McClanahan...

Lost and Not Found (5 books)
  • Lost and Not Found (Lost and Not Found, #1)
  • Forget What You Can't Remember (Lost and Not Found, #2)
  • More Lost Memories (Lost and Not Found, #3)
  • Lost and Not Found - Director's Cut (Lost and Not Found, #5)