Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry

Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  17 reviews
20 step-by-step bead and wire jewelry projects including earrings, necklaces, brooches and bracelets from popular craft author and magazine editor Miller.
Published July 26th 2005 by North Light Books

To ask other readers questions about Bead on a Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bead on a Wire

Kathy
This is a great book. Even if you are not new to wire and bead jewelry, this book will teach you great, new ideas. Definitely a keeper for referencing great ideas in wire-working. I love this book and recommend it! Easy to read, easy to follow, and this author makes things that last! I've had some books with designs that break, but not these. These designs are ones you'll make and keep for a good while. I've had this book for years but I'm new to Goodreads, so I just had to come on here and writ...more
josey
I have an interest in jewelry making with wire and saw this book got good reviews on amazon.com. It IS an excellent book for beginners (plus some cool projects for all diff levels)--it stresses precision and craftsmanship which I like :) I am, however, reading a few other jewelry-making books and finding that it's best to put all the knowledge together as 1) this book is almost 6 years old and jewelry-making has boomed since then and 2) there are sooo many opinions, tips and techniques out there...more
Helen
A good book on a better wire jewelry making, unlike the plain common one. With flattening by a hammer and antiquing in the liver of sulfur.

Artist's jewelry making style is opposite to my taste, too heavy and busy looking, but the techniques are priceless for general education, in case you ever will need to get this effect. I already was wondering how they did that flat wire wrap around focal bead, and here it is.

Recommended.
Darlene
If you are interested in learning about wire and beaded jewelry this book is great. It has wonderful photos. The instructions are clear. The designs and techniques shown are the current trends in handcrafted jewelry. I refer to this book time after time. Whether I need to make a handmade clasp or I need inspiration to start something new, this book helps me to be creative.
Rhonda
Jan 10, 2012 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is an excellent book, not only for the clear, concise instructions and excellent photos, but also for inspiration! I've become a fan of Sharilyn Miller's style, it's very much like my own style, and I enjoy her books immensely. It's also a good reference book for techniques. I highly recommend this book!
Tracy
The author's designs are beautiful, and the list of tools exhaustive and helpful. However, she does everything but smelt her own metal wire. I was really looking for more of a beginners guide. The author's metal work with several of the projects is extensive; I just want to thread beads.
Wendi
This is the BEST book I've found about creating wire jewelry. BEST book EVER. It gives really, really clear steps on how to create wire jewelry and findings and clasps. Lots of awesome projects too. I hate that I have to take this book back to the library. I really do. I love it too much.
Aubrey
I don't really add books like this to my account but I had to return it to the library and want to make sure I never forget it. Pretty much all of the jewelry in here was so gorgeous and it looked so simple to make and has inspired me to start making my own jewelry for sure.
Lee Koopman
A great book for beginners. I'm an old hand with wire but I did find one thing that I wanted to make. Most of the projects are really basic but there are nice patterns and the instructions are very clear
Angela
Highly illustrated step-by-step instructions and techniques to make professional-looking saleable handmade jewelry. Discusses and carefully pictures the use of specialty tools.
Jobi
This is a great book for beginners, but you can find most everything there in other, more comprehensive and interesting books.
Jean Yates
Apr 13, 2008 Jean Yates rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: jewelry designers and those eager to learn more about all areas of jewelry design
This jewelry design book is a classic, and for anyone who wants to understand wire work better, it is a must have, in my opinion!
Karen
Extremely useful techniques presented in a way easy to follow. I've already made some of the things explained here.
Robin
Aug 20, 2008 Robin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like doing bead crafts
This is a really good crafting book that shows how to work with wire to make jewelry.
Rebecca Coday
best bead/wire how to book out there IMHO!
Samantha

Good basic wire techniques.
Le
Le marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kim Dula
Kim Dula is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Hila Cartwright
Hila Cartwright marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Wire Art Jewelry Workshop: Step-by-Step Techniques and Projects Contemporary Copper Jewelry Rubber Stamped Jewelry Stamp Art: 15 original rubber stamp projects Arty Jewelry