Start by marking “The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)

The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  10,549 Ratings  ·  281 Reviews
Passion and danger collide in this brand-new, eBook exclusive Lords of the Underworld adventure!

Once, Atlas, the Titan god of Strength, was the Greek goddess Nike's slave. Now, he is her master. And soon these sworn enemies destined to destroy one another will be forced to risk everything for a chance at love...
Published August 1st 2009 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2009)

Exina
Chronologically, The Darkest Prison is between The Darkest Pleasure (Reyes’ story) and The Darkest Whisper (Sabin’s story). The story sets mainly in Tartarus, and tells the story of Atlas, the Titan god of Strength, and Nike, the Greek goddess of Strength and Victory.

While The Darkest Fire is beautiful, but dark and tragic, Atlas and Nike’s story is fun and fast-paced. I loved to be in Atlas’ head and witness his adorably ambiguous feelings.

Nike’s strength is awe inspiring, but she also has a
Anna
Apr 25, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Together, they fell backward, onto the softness of the fur. He kept his arms around her, unwilling to let her go. Now…always?
Yes, always, he thought, and his eyes widened. He wanted her always. Wanted more of this. Had to have more of this. When he’d forgiven her completely, he didn’t know. When he’d softened, he didn’t know, either. He only knew that she’d become an important part of his life. Perhaps she always had been; he’d just been too foolish to realize it.”

I loved this novella ! Now I n
Leah
May 26, 2010 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, m-f
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

This was a very entertaining story in the LOTU world. Even though we get a glimpse of Reyes and Danika at the beginning, it is only to give us an insight into what is happening in Cronus's side.

Atlas was held captive many years ago, and had tried to seduce all female guards to get someone to release him. Except even then, one of them had been special to him. It wasn't the prettiest girl of the bunch, no, it was Nike, with all her strength, and the way sh
Liz F
Jun 01, 2012 Liz F rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgina Parkin
Dec 07, 2014 Georgina Parkin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalia815
Mar 30, 2015 Natalia815 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Los dos relatos que he leído de esta saga, son una maravilla. ¡Que bonita historia de amor! Atlas y Nike me han conquistado. Espero saber más de ellos en los próximos libros de los Señores del inframundo.
DA4Pups
The story was good but I did not like the narrator in the Audible version - he made the characters sound idiotic and I did not like his female lead voice. Very short novella - 3 stars.
willaful
Is it just me, or is it kind of weird for gods and goddesses to use “Gods!” as an exclamation? It would be like me exclaiming, “Humans!”

This opens with the reunion of Atlas, Titan god of Strength and Nike, Greek goddess of Strength: "His godly counterpart. His enemy. And an all-around grade-A bitch." Atlas had once seduced Nike into freeing him from prison -- now she's his prisoner. Nike had carved her name into Atlas after discovering he had also seduced three other female guards, now he's retu
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
Oh dear.

I actually quite like the Lords of the Underworld series so I do feel a bit mean for giving it only one star, but I really did not like this. It was just awful. The best thing about it was that it was nice and short so the pain was over fairly quickly.

Message to Gena Showalter: mean bullies who trick you into sex, incarcerate you, carve their name into your back and kiss other women in front of your jail cell to deliberately hurt your feelings, are NOT sexy!

In defence of Showalter's Lord
Nay Denise
Oct 22, 2014 Nay Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
I wasn't too thrilled with this novella. It wasn't a fascinating love story like all the other stories were, but I did enjoy the introduction of two new characters. Nike, goddess of strength and Atlas, Titan god of strength were very similar in how their ability was strength. Their relationship was crazy. When the gods and goddesses ruled heaven Atlas was her sex slave and she branded him on his chest (with her name). In turn, when the Titan's took over he did the same to her. They hated each ot ...more
Sammy Loves Books
Wow! I really enjoyed this one!

Nike, the Greek goddess of Strength and Atlas, the Titan god of Strength are enemies that fall in love.

Nike
nike

Atlas
atlas

Showalter packed a lot of story in a small package. I have read all of the LOTU series and thoroughly enjoyed this one. We get a small glimpse of Reyes, and Cronus behaving badly.

This is a fun read for fans of the Underworld Lords!! Though this story is part of the Lords of the Underworld series, it can be read independently as a stand alone.
Gigi Tous
If I could describe the taste this book left me with:

I like my hot chocolate fervent, spicy with different flavors. The problem with in-betweens is that to prolong too much what was hot chocolate turns to be... uh... warm milk.

The plot is... nice, kind of funny... but just so because it's short.
It's Gena, it's good. ?? Not a motto anymore. Please, Gena, move on, you can do another LOTU. I don't need it next month. I can wait a year, or two, even three. I just want a new plot as good
Kat Desi
I'm surprised that I liked this novella! I wasn't really keen on Atlas with what he had done to Nike in the past (view spoiler) but then again Nike had it coming to her! This short packs quite a punch, too. I look forward to seeing them interact with the Lords of the Underworld.
Sath
This a short story, inbetween Lords of the Underworld novels. In fact, set around a romance between Atlas the Titan God of Strength, and Nike, his Greek counterpart (Greek Goddess of Strength).

When the Titans were held captive by the Greeks, Atlas seduced his way out of prison, and Nike was one of many that he tried his wiles on. But she fell for it, hated him for it, and had her name tattooed into him for revenge.

Now the tables are turned, and the Greeks are in captivity. Atlas is Nike's Jailo
Rachel
May 22, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JenJenBoBin
"3 Strong Stars"

For the God and Goddess of Strength. Very cool little novella takes place in the Prison in Tartarus where first Atlas had been imprisoned before the Greeks had been defeated by the Titans now his old flame (well kind of) Goddess Nike it being held in the same Prison as a Greek Goddess this was were they were now kept. One thing I can say for Miss Nike is she doesn't take any crap not that you'd expect the Goddess of Strength to but a Goddness you think beauty or at least I do...
Amy
Aug 13, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good, as short stories go, but I have to admit that it left me a little confused. When Atlas broke Nike out of prison, he had to disarm her neckband by placing his fingers on it and blowing into it. I get that part, since he was technically the head dude down in Tarturus. But then when Nike breaks into the prison to rescue Atlas, she does the same exact thing to free him. Wouldn't you think that Cronus would have been smart enough to key those things to where they will only relea ...more
Kym
Ok so i assumed this was a full book, but I should've known better since it's about a titan.
This is a short insert of a passionate prison break. I already know that they will be around later because who can resist seeking out the Lords??

OAN: I love how Gena builds her characters and their relationships. Everyone has their own demons, whether it is a demon in truth or name only. Many of the relationships are built on what kindness can be found on the inside. Each person has their own insecuriti
Saly
Years ago Nike, the Greek Goddess of Strength fell for Atlas, the Titan God of Strength and was all set to free him despite the peril to her when she found out she had been played and that Nike had seduced several other guards to free himself. Enraged she burned her name on his chest and now with the fall of the Greeks she is the prisoner & Atlas returns the favor, branding her on her butt.

The heroine pretty plain looking had been flattered by him and fallen in love forsaking a man who wante
Mel
While I enjoyed getting a glimpse of what goes on in the Heavens and within Tartarus, and I liked how The Darkest Prison tied into Danika's gift, I didn't really connect with either Nike or Atlas.

Also, Nike and Atlas discussed seeking out the Lords, yet for the life of me I can't remember if they ever show up again in the Lords of the Underworld. Safe to say they didn't leave a big impression on me during my first read either and if they did pop up again, it certainly wasn't memorable. Guess it
Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick
This was an enjoyable enough read. It's a novella, so super fast. I didn't really have time to connect with the hero or heroine, and I would have preferred if Showalter had stayed more with the LOTU. Reyes is there for the first few pages, but that's it. Other than that, the Lords are just referred to. There's another character that showed up that I was happy to see, and I'm anxious to hear more of her story.
Misa
Jun 25, 2012 Misa rated it really liked it
Adorei conhecer Nike e Atlas e a história de ambos (a qual durou algumas centenas de anos).
Nesta novela, o enredo amoroso foi, ligeiramente, diferente do que os anteriores, o qual gostei.

Espero sinceramente que estas personagens voltem a aparecer nos próximos livros, porque acho-as deveras interessantes e que podem ajudar, muito, os LoU.

Já mencionei que adoro a escrita da autora? É que escreve mesmo bem. Nesse aspecto dou 5 estrelas.
Asounani
Jul 04, 2016 Asounani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute ATLAS and Nike nice

Desde el 1 no me sentia emocionada en el desarrollo de la historias , todas las parejas me han gustado pero sienpre tengo algo que me saca de quicio. En este Nike es uno de esos personajes femeninos que me gustan porque son fuertes ( pese a que ella es la diosa de la fuerza), es descidida y ATLAS es adorable.
Lucy Herondale
Jun 03, 2013 Lucy Herondale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lords of the Underworld series fans

This was such a fabulous read, even though it's a short story.

My only complain is just that one - the length.

Nike and Atlas totally belong together. I so wanted to read more about them!

If you're a fan of the series, read it!
Monique
Dec 22, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread (Jan 17, 2015)

Cute filler story. I liked having a glimpse into what is happening in the heavens right now.

Originally read (Jan 18, 2012)

Very sweet and quick read.

Now I'm off to read Sabin's story. Yay!
Ronda
Apr 15, 2012 Ronda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ronda by: Melissa Fetterman
I LOVED this story about Nike and Atlas and it's only heightened my need to read the next LOTU book.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
All I have to say is branding your name on a god's chest is probably going to cause you problems - Nike. I'm glad Atlas branded his name on your back, you little bitch. You deserve it.
Cyndi Flores
Mar 18, 2017 Cyndi Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read love this series can't get any better than this
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Prison (LOTU #3.5) 2 15 Jul 23, 2012 11:46AM
  • Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)

“Grinning, Atlas followed her inside. He liked this softer side of her. She stood in the center, twirling, clearly trying to take everything in at once. He’d spread furs on the floor and had even carted a small round table here and piled it high with her favorite foods. There was a porcelain tub already filled with steaming water, rose petals floating on the surface. Never let it be said that the Titan god of Strength did not know how to romance a woman. Nike’s” 1 likes