Start by marking “À la cour du Tsar ” as Want to Read:
À la cour du Tsar

À la cour du Tsar

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  2,221 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
La princesse Zinovia a toujours vécu libre comme l'air, au milieu des grands espaces et des chevaux sauvages. Or, la voilà confinée dans un carrosse inconfortable qui file à toute allure vers Moscou. Elle doit être conduite à la cour pour y être mariée à un homme de son rang, choisi par le tsar lui-même. Mais la route de Moscou est semée d'embûches. La belle Zinovia est en ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 443 pages
Published February 17th 2010 by J'ai lu (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about À la cour du Tsar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about À la cour du Tsar

Korynn
May 15, 2008 Korynn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is the most atrocious of all the Woodiwiss books I have read. It was, frankly, terrible and I must detail all the offenses. Our protagonist is a Russian countess, unbelievably beautiful and amazingly learned and independent (with a stereotypical Irish maid for some reason (faith and begorra!)). She is assaulted by bandits. There is a most unbelievable lengthy scene in which she banters with the chief bandit for those who get off on witty rejoinders before being swept away on a horse against ...more
Joshua
I've been slowly reading through the plethora of Woodiwiss books that I seem to be accumulating. I've been dreading this one because I've seen a lot of really terrible reviews, so I prepared myself for the worst and expected nothing.

I was pleasantly surprised.
By no means is this book perfect, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anyone but fans of Woodiwiss. Purple prose, historical inaccuracies, bad pacing etc... but I didn't hate this, I actually enjoyed it.
I guess something about her
Pamela(AllHoney)
A British Colonel and a Russian Countess. It was just okay for me. Nothing special. It just didn't have that special something that Ms Woodiwiss' earlier works did.
Owusua Adwoa Ayeh
I thought no matter what luv always pulls through.
Jenni
Jul 08, 2008 Jenni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I have been away for the last couple of days...i was visiting Russia this time. After seeing the Heroine safely through the the threat of rape and encountering the hero in a most provocative way I was completely wrap up in the story clear to end. Yes I know what you are all saying...Don't you read anything but romance novels? Well...I was given a stack of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's Novels and I am intent on finishing them so I can return them. Not that I am not enjoying myself along the way. : ...more
tsukino
Aug 16, 2015 tsukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-storici
HÜLYA
Oct 24, 2015 HÜLYA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kitabın nerede ise ortasına kadar pek zevk alamadım.Aslında konu olarak oldukça güzel idi.Ancak nedenini bilemediğim bir durağanlık vardı.Belki de bu ara biraz ruh halimden mi ne olduğundan emin olamadığım durumdan dolayı istediğim gibi keyifle okuyamadım.
Ancak tarihi kurgu ve historical severlerin..Özellikle Woodiwiss severlerin keyifle okuyacağı bir roman...Bu tarzı seviyorsanız okuyun derim..En azından konu ve işleyiş yönünden farklı bir kitap..
ella lanham
Jan 25, 2015 ella lanham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever in your embrace by Kathleen Woodiwiss

Definitely a 5 star anything Kathleen Woordiwiss wrote was a 5 she was one of the most popular authors of historical romance novels of all. times. It's so sad that she is no longer with us to continue her awesome novels. I have had the privilege to own and read and reread all her novels. Sincerely Ella Lanham
Ilze Griqua
May 23, 2012 Ilze Griqua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Forever in your embrace" was the very first historical romance novel I read. This was the book that made me fall in love with historical romances. The hero is dashing and courages, the heroine beautiful and gracefull. The author makes you feel what the characters are feeling.
Sharon spencer
Apr 20, 2015 Sharon spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever in Your Embrace

Kathleen has done it again. She is the icon of love stories. I enjoyed this story so so much. I highly recommend this book to all that enjoys romantic novels.
Julie
Oct 12, 2014 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
book was ok
Charice Lind mehring
An engaging love story that keeps you on your toes. Thoroughly enjoyable.
FeelNotFight
Nov 04, 2016 FeelNotFight rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it 6-8 year ago(2-3 gimnazjum/secondary school) and from what I remember I loved it but to keep it fresh I will read again soon and we'll see :)
Batoul ❥ bewitched by 'dem heartbreakers
Reading many reviews on Forever in Your Embrace, one cannot help but notice it is not a really popular Woodiwiss book. Surprisingly, I adored this book. Yes, it is not without its flaws and the characters could have made much more sane decisions but I truly enjoyed it nonetheless.

After the death of her father, the Countess Synnovea Zenkovna, has been ordered by the Tsar to live with his cousin, the Princess Anna. Although appreciative of the sovereign's thoughtfulness, Synnovea nonetheless wish
Jessica
Dec 02, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive come to the conclusion im not really a huge fan of historical romances. I like a few but those are the ones that probably really arent that historically accurate. ive always loved this book but this go round i found more things that annoyed me than the other times ive read it but i cant exactly give it a bad rating for it since the things i dont like are in there to make them more historically accurate.
Heroine: mixed bag of tricks. sometimes shes very stubborn and headstrong which makes me h
Alice Chimera
Sep 18, 2016 Alice Chimera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synnovea è stata convocata a Mosca dallo Zar. Da poco a perso il padre ed era già orfana di madre e il grande Signore di tutte le Russie vuole per lei dei tutori fidati, ma lungo il viaggio viene rapit dal perfido Ladislau e solo l’intervento del prode colonnello Tyrone la riportà sana e salva dai suoi nuovi tutori. Ma altri pericoli si annidano poprio in quella casa che dovrebbe essere per lei un porto sicuro.
Ammetto che nonostante sia la solita minestra, che il tipo di storie di questa autrice
Heather
Laine
Jun 11, 2012 Laine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i was kind of disappointed with this book. from the moment i started reading this the story has a very slow-paced plot, but when i get to the middle part that is where the story really begins for me. could have given it a higher rate if only kathleen woodiwiss would have taken the story that will make the reader excite. i did like colonel tyrone rycroft' and synnovea's character that made me fall for them. the chemistry and passion is there although they would not admit it at once. and in all st ...more
I have read this book several times. Each time I do, I become less enchanted with it, but to be fair, I have come to dislike romance novels in general. It is an enjoyable read, especially for the first time, but I have grown so tired of the fiery maiden, so unlike her peers, with perfect beauty that no man can resist, meets jaded, but rugedly handsome stranger, blah, blah, blah. Still, if you like detailed historical romances and don't find the usual formulas annoying, then by all means read awa ...more
Jay
Feb 23, 2012 Jay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Woodiwiss' novels seem to deteriorate as time goes by - the early ones are fun but seem to give a good history lesson, or at least the story is so good that the history is secondary. But these later ones are just a bunch of fluff. I read it, but wouldn't really recommend it.

Read the earlier ones - Shanna, Flame and the Flower, Wolf and the Dove, A Rose in Winter. The ones that link to Flame and the Flower are pretty good (I think Petals on the River had a "Home Alone" flavor to it, fun!).
Gina
Feb 21, 2012 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I like romance found in an historical fiction, but when a book centers around it...not so much...because they tend to become really stupid. I think if you like romance, this is an excellent book. It takes place in Russia during the time of the czars. I enjoyed that aspect, and would love to read some historical fiction from that time and place. It has the usual trappings of a romance book, which if you are in the mood for, are just fine!
Sabrina McEwan
I read this for the 2015 book challenge (a book over 500 pages, a book picked based on the cover, a book at the bottom of the to-read list, a book I own that I have never read). This book took me nearly 6 months to read. It could not hold my attention. The heroine was annoying. The plot was forced, disjointed, and full of holes. I probably would not have finished it if I didn't select it as part of the challenge.
Chiara Allegranti
***continua

Non è stata una lettura di livello tale, al quale ci ha abituati la Signora Woodiwiss.
Questo è un dato certo perchè ne ho letti di suoi libri, anzi credo che me ne manchino soltanto due e quindi ho una varietà di storie alle quali paragonare questo.
Piacere mi è piaciuto, non è stato certo il peggiore (quello è un altro, ma non è il momento di parlarne),
Angelyn Schmid
Feb 21, 2013 Angelyn Schmid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The wonder of Woodiwiss is here. Not her best book but then, her average books are better than most historical romance out there. Thank heavens the heroine lives in seventeenth century Russia and has a fabulous name. And yes, I love hearing how beautiful she is and that every man pursues her. A vicarious thrill.
Dana
I have to admit, even though I am a huge Woodiwiss fan, this was my least favorite of her novels (so far). I felt that this particular story tended to drag and had too many villains to keep up with, which is why it took me so long to complete. However, her exquisite detail, strong characters, and unrivaled storytelling will always keep me coming back for more.
Margherita Dolcevita
Nov 14, 2010 Margherita Dolcevita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Decisamente l'ambientazione russa non fa per me. E' stato una discreta delusione, troppo lungo, troppo descrittivo, troppe pagine inutili, insomma un po' un mattone, e per un libro romance è un bell'insulto.
Desiree
Dec 27, 2011 Desiree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like a good romance but one that has a great story to go along with it, then you won't find a better writer than Kathleen Woodiwiss. I've read every book she wrote just about and loved them all. She made me enjoy reading again. Not sure when I read this as it was years ago. :)
Suzanne
Not her best. Very long and windy, I found myself skipping chunks of the book as it got repetitious and boring. She's still the best historical romance writer out there, but her later novels are nowhere as good as the early ones.
Tamie Hall
May 29, 2016 Tamie Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful and romantic

Another great novel by Katherine Woodiwiss. It was difficult to put down and thoroughly enjoyed. I can not wait to start the next one.
Slavica
Nov 25, 2015 Slavica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Idealno stivo za ljubitelje ljubavnih romana,ne citajte tudje kritike nego sami procitajte knjigu pa vidite da li zasluzuje moje dodjeljene 4zvjezdice :)
  • Dark Fires (Brandon-Morgan #2)
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun (Dominick, #3)
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • Ondine
  • Rainbow's End
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • Nightsong
  • Unconquered
Kathleen Erin Hogg was born on June 3, 1939, in Alexandria, Louisiana, she was the youngest of eight siblings by Gladys (Coker) and Charles Wingrove Hogg, a disabled World War I veteran. She long relished creating original narratives, and by age 6 was telling herself stories at night to help herself fall asleep. At age 16, she met U.S. Air Force Second Lieutenant Ross Eugene Woodiwiss at a dance, ...more
More about Kathleen E. Woodiwiss...