Start by marking “Crash Course in Love” as Want to Read:
Crash Course in Love

Crash Course in Love

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Nearly 1.9 million viewers have tuned in for each episode of VH1 Tough Love, the hit show that takes a group of single women and puts them through a rigorous relationship boot camp where they must follow host Steve Ward’s dating rules. Now, for the first time, master matchmaker Steve Ward and his mother, JoAnn, share all of their straightforward, no-nonsense dati ...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by MTV Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Crash Course in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crash Course in Love

Bernadette
Basic knowledge written in short paragraph form. Glad I got it at the library because I wouldn't have wanted to spend $10 on it, but it's still decent. Stuff that you know, but is nice to see in black and white to remind you what it is you should do to find love.
Kimberly
Maybe I've just read too many books in this genre (both scientific / anthropological based and fluffy), but this is a book that I could hardly sit through reading. The margins and typeface, not the words and advice, pump this book up like a farm raised chickens pumped with saline before slaughter. If you really want to learn about love, say hi when you meet someone. Ask questions of interest to get to know someone BEYOND ASKING "SO, WHAT DO YOU DO"? This book relies too much on the attractive so ...more
Laney Garland
I actually liked this book by Steve Ward. If you're having issues in the love and relationship department. He can definitely help. Him and his mom both. I just over all enjoyed this book. I have two copies if anyone wants one.
April
Don't be weird.

Be thin.

Don't talk too much.

Give him compliments.

Let him pursue you.

No, wait, you make the moves on him.

Learn to read body language. (I actually did read a book on body language, but I never remember to utilize what I learned. Then I have to try to remember later which direction his body faced, if he made this gesture, if crossed his arms, etc. Tiring.)

This book was helpful in some ways, but it does become clear that women have to do the bulk of the work in making meaningful conne
Estela
Very quick read, I read it in one day. Try being the lame girl reading this while on the elliptical at the gym (like me). It was good and like I mentioned, pretty quick. I suppose it didn't tell me anything new that I didn't already know from watching "Tough Love" or from having common sense, but I think that it was still pretty helpful in terms of realizing why I may forever be single. lol.
Amy Kattan
Read this because I adore Steve Ward. My roommate and I read the entire thing out loud in about 2 hours, doing our best Steve Ward impression. It's basically the show in book-form. Most of it was common sense, but I enjoyed the experience of reading it more than the actual content. Plus, Steve Ward can do no wrong.
Samantha
I watch Tough Love on VH1 and noticed they were always advertising Steve Ward's book so I decided to pick up a copy from the library. I was totally disappointed. I thought it would be somewhat like the show, but everything that was in it was common sense stuff and I was able to read this in about an hour.
Liz
My little obsession with Steve Ward defies rational (as does my obsession with all things vh1). I read the book in one sitting and everything in it is common sense, but it kind of boggles my mind that some women don't realize these things.
Meg Marie
I picked this up because I love "Tough Love" the tv show. Reading it took about two hours.

Let me break it down for you - basically, you have to smile a lot, keep it in your pants, and smile some more. Oh, and don't be weird.
Katie
This only gets an extra star because it wasn't as offensive as the other one. But the advice it includes is profound, such as "If you are a crazy person, try not to let it show on the first date. That would be TMI."
Jamie L
I totally did not love this book.
It essentially tells women to be fake (aka someone they're not) to snag a man.
Thanks but no thanks.
I'll probably still watch Tough Love, though. I hate to admit I love it!
Alyssa
Not a bad read, but pretty much it is a lot of common sense. Sometimes it's nice to have those things reiterated though. I would recommend it, but not without a disclaimer.
Jolene
It's basically Stevism's that he has spewed on his reality tv show tough love. Not bad advice but nothing new from general common sense, MOST people will have.
Elizabeth
I liked the book . . . it was kinda like reading a book that was Steve's thoughts on the Tough Love show.

i need (should) read it again and take notes!
Cassey
Ridiculously stuffed with really basic common sense. But my kiddos are obsessed with MTV/VH1 so I thought I would try and keep with the times. 10 second read.
Jenny
What about how the girl feels? Still it's good to know what idiot men are like...
Christina
Steve Ward is just the dreamiest dreamboat ever. I'm addicted to Tough Love on VH1. Halp!
Angela
I love Tough Love on VH1, so I decided to read the hosts' book. So far, it's just ok...
Cris
I love his show!
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Rebecca Anais
Rebecca Anais marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What You Need to Know about Motivation and Teaching Games: An in-depth analysis Chorus of the Dead TraderMind: Get a Mindful Edge in the Markets (Wiley Trading) Crash Course in Love Breakout: Achieving Trading Confidence, Discipline and Results