Start by marking “Mind over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders That Threaten Our Financial Health” as Want to Read:

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Do you overspend? Undersave? Keep secrets about money from a spouse or family member? Are you anxious about dealing with your finances? If so, you are not alone. Let's face it–just about all of have complicated, if not downright dysfunctional, relationships with money.

As Drs. Brad and Ted Klontz, a father and son team of pioneers in the emerging field of financial psychol
Published December 29th 2009 by Crown Business (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mind over Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind over Money

Lenore Webb
When you deal with depression, many other issues come into play. For me a major one is money. I have to watch myself (and sometimes so do others) for financial infidelity. Or in layman's terms "feelgood" spending. You know where you buy things you just don't need to fill that hole inside.

Now I am lucky that I do not do this in large ways. Like buying big ticket items. But I can still lie about what I spend by just not telling. And being that I am the budget maker and bill payer then that is not
Daniel
É um livro bastante revelador sobre as causas de nossos "distúrbios" financeiros, que é como os autores chamam comportamentos que trazem problemas financeiros. Através de sua leitura pude revisar minha atitude perante o tema e tomar consciência de algumas crenças que ainda preciso validar se são mesmo verdadeiras.

O livro é dividido em 3 grandes seções:
1) A grande mentira - basicamente os autores informam que nossos problemas financeiros não são causados por falta de conhecimento ou competência;
Heather
I read this for work; lots of good behavioral analysis.
Pretty interesting, especially the psychological aspects of why people act/feel the way they do about money. I didn't necessarily see myself in any of the personalities, but it made me consider how early experiences can shape beliefs about ANY subject. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone just getting comfortable with their financial strategies.
Mary
Interesting book. I highly recommend this book if you've ever had, or still do, have any issues with money.
Teressa
Interesting material, but not a lot of advice.
Russell L
good insight about spending problems
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Lukasz
Lukasz added it
Feb 07, 2015
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Adriennehong
Adriennehong marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Dynthia
Dynthia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Jasmine Janaye
Jasmine Janaye marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Dido
Dido marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
dot wise
dot wise marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Michael Dunlap
Michael Dunlap marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Kalyan
Kalyan marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
T.L. Rese
T.L. Rese marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wired for Wealth: Change the Money Mindsets That Keep You Trapped and Unleash Your Wealth Potential Facilitating Financial Health: Tools for Financial Planners, Coaches, and Therapists Facilitating Financial Health The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: Transforming Your Relationship with Money