Start by marking “Mind over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders That Threaten Our Financial Health” as Want to Read:

Published December 29th 2009 by Crown Business (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mind over Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind over Money

Kater Cheek
Nov 27, 2016 Kater Cheek rated it it was ok
Recently I've become fascinated by the relationship that people have with money. It means so much to so many different people, and it is one of the last taboos, so it's mysterious. I devour articles on The Billfold about what things cost, and how much people pay for rent and groceries. It must feel like what people felt like to read sex research back in the sixties. Am I normal? If not, where do I lay on the spectrum? What are other people like?

But even my favorite blog talks more about people's
Lenore Webb
Feb 23, 2010 Lenore Webb rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
When you deal with depression, many other issues come into play. For me a major one is money. I have to watch myself (and sometimes so do others) for financial infidelity. Or in layman's terms "feelgood" spending. You know where you buy things you just don't need to fill that hole inside.

Now I am lucky that I do not do this in large ways. Like buying big ticket items. But I can still lie about what I spend by just not telling. And being that I am the budget maker and bill payer then that is not
Daniel
Jan 16, 2012 Daniel rated it really liked it
É um livro bastante revelador sobre as causas de nossos "distúrbios" financeiros, que é como os autores chamam comportamentos que trazem problemas financeiros. Através de sua leitura pude revisar minha atitude perante o tema e tomar consciência de algumas crenças que ainda preciso validar se são mesmo verdadeiras.

O livro é dividido em 3 grandes seções:
1) A grande mentira - basicamente os autores informam que nossos problemas financeiros não são causados por falta de conhecimento ou competência;
Jul 07, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Pretty interesting, especially the psychological aspects of why people act/feel the way they do about money. I didn't necessarily see myself in any of the personalities, but it made me consider how early experiences can shape beliefs about ANY subject. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone just getting comfortable with their financial strategies.
Tony Bradshaw
May 06, 2015 Tony Bradshaw rated it really liked it
From this, I learned I am idealist financially and I already knew I was a workaholic and I'm married to a Saver. I'd like to read a book about the different archtypes in a relationship to get words of wisdom for our financial relationship.
Teressa
Jan 28, 2011 Teressa rated it liked it
Interesting material, but not a lot of advice.
Russell L
good insight about spending problems
Mary
Sep 04, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Interesting book. I highly recommend this book if you've ever had, or still do, have any issues with money.
Dan Danford
Dan Danford rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2013
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Iyabo Onipede
Iyabo Onipede rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Marc
Marc rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2011
M Apoiram
M Apoiram rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2012
Arnoldo Garza
Arnoldo Garza rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Elizabeth Wheeler
Elizabeth Wheeler rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Kai
Kai rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Cscotthope
Cscotthope rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Melvin D Schasteen
Melvin D Schasteen rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Derek
Derek rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Kevin Bidwell
Kevin Bidwell rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Kelly Borsch
Kelly Borsch rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Michelle Tannenfolletti
Michelle Tannenfolletti rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Lisa Pyburn
Lisa Pyburn rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Sandy H
Sandy H rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Hector
Hector rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Retirement Heist: How Companies Plunder and Profit from the Nest Eggs of American Workers
  • Money Drunk/Money Sober: 90 Days to Financial Freedom
  • Free: Spending Your Time and Money on What Matters Most
  • Work Less, Live More: The Way to Semi-Retirement
  • Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them: Lessons From The New Science Of Behavioral Economics
  • The End of Money: Counterfeiters, Preachers, Techies, Dreamers--and the Coming Cashless Society
  • Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals: Find Out How the Rich Get So Rich (the Secrets to Financial Success Revealed)
  • Your Money and Your Brain
  • The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed: The only personal finance system for people with not-so-regular jobs
  • Memo - Den nemme vej til bedre hukommelse  (Danish)
  • Human Natures: Genes, Cultures, and the Human Prospect
  • Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty
  • Debt Is Slavery: And 9 Other Things I Wish My Day Had Taught Me about Money
  • I Was Blind But Now I See
  • Where Children Sleep
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
  • Becoming Evil: How Ordinary People Commit Genocide and Mass Killing
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]