Start by marking “America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants” as Want to Read:

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  253 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Ron Douglas reveals the secret recipes from America’s restaurants— The Cheesecake Factory, The Olive Garden, P.F. Chang’s, Red Lobster, and many more—and shows readers how to make them at home for a fraction of the price.

The average American family eats out three or more times per week, which translates into hundreds of dollars spent on food each month. In these hard econo
Published July 7th 2009 by Atria Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about America's Most Wanted Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Most Wanted Recipes

Steven Peterson
Aug 07, 2009 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting book. I have read others years ago that make a similar effort--to recreate restaurant recipes. I recall reading of efforts to recreate, for instance, the Big Mac some years back. But this volume stands on its own pretty doggone well.

The book begins by noting its approach--trying to reproduce recipes that people really like. The author, Ron Douglas, notes a benefit of this book--by providing recipes to readers, people can make their favorite dishes and save money in the pro
Amy Jacobs
I am on a small kick of finding cookbooks to stock in my kitchen that I can rely on when needing that perfect recipe. I am in no way a great cook. Most of the time, my kids look at anything I cook and wonder if they will survive the night if they eat it. So on the quest to not only learn how to cook properly, I am also looking for recipes that recreate some of the favorites we eat when we go out to dinner. Not a simple task.

There were a few good looking recipes in this book that held promise. Th
Mary
Feb 05, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't my favorite cookbook. For some reason I thought I'd want to cook recipes normally ordered out. Turns out I really don't. Popeye's spicy fried chicken was not in the book. Now that's a recipe I'd want. They only offered 2 rice dishes from Popeyes. I did make their recipe for cajun rice, it's not my fave but hubby loves it and said it was great. A lot of chinese (I will stick with take out, I've tried and failed). Pasta I can cook with both eyes closed and a hand tied behind my back :) ...more
Alison
Jul 22, 2015 Alison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't very impressed with this book. I liked the idea of trying to recreate restaurant dishes at home to save money, but the recipes included didn't seem like anything worth recreating at home. I only found a few that seemed worth the time and effort. Also, the book doesn't contain any pictures, which seems sort of odd for a cookbook.
Nan
Jun 03, 2010 Nan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love to read cookbooks. They are so interesting. This time for our Memorial Day meal 2010 we all picked out recipes to try. We had appetizers, salads and then the main course, in fact two of them. Everyone had to follow the recipes they chose. Our neighbors plus family joined in this fun way to make a great potluck meal. Some were familar with the named/cloned resturant recipes and enjoyed reading about them. Our meal was wonderful and our next potluck we are planning on following some ...more
Tamra
Sep 03, 2009 Tamra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There were a few recipes in here that I'm excited to try like the two cheesecake recipes from The Cheesecake Factory that don't seem terribly hard to make. But there were also a lot of recipes in here from restaurants we don't have here in Utah and that I'd never heard of before so being able to make their food wasn't all that thrilling. However, I did like the fact that the majority of the recipes seemed fairly simple made with every-day ingredients you can find at the local supermarket. I LIKE ...more
Lynda
Aug 07, 2009 Lynda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I will stop almost anything to read a good cookbook. I have been obsessed with them practically all my life. The title of this one grabbed me immediately.

The problem with it is that I have all of Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipe books. This book is mainly the same thing. There are a few new recipes but otherwise not as good as Wilbur.
Glennis
May 09, 2010 Glennis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, cookbooks
Neither good nor bad, this book is a collection of short-cut, this is how we'd do it in your kitchen, recipes from prominent chain restaurants. I could relate to about half of them...we're so cosmopolitan here! LOL! Still...I can see me reaching for the quick-few ingredient marinades in some of these recipes!
angrykitty
Sep 27, 2009 angrykitty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, 2009
i'm not going to lie....the recipe i bought this for was the el pollo loco chicken recipe, and i'm pretty sure it's not right as it's pretty similar to a recipe i got off the internet that didn't work...still, there seems to be some other interesting looking recipes....
Eileen
Nov 20, 2009 Eileen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I will try some of these recipes (especially the Applebee's Tomato Basil Soup). LOVE that soup! But a lot of these recipes are from restaurants I've never heard of. Must be a regional thing. I'm feeling a little left out up here in New England. :(
Connie
Jan 05, 2010 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-interest
Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken, Chili's Chicken enchilada soup, and the Cheesecake Factory's chicken fettucine are three recipes I plan to try.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Mar 12, 2016 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Mj
May 11, 2010 Mj is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Kohls Dept Store was selling this for $5 for mothers day! It has the Olive Garden salad dressing recipe. That alone is worth $5!!
Sep 22, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
5 stars just because of Chocolate lasagna from the olive garden! They took it off their menu so I'll have to make it myself!
Jessica R Saltz
Jessica R Saltz rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Phan Thuy Chau
Phan Thuy Chau rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Brooke Stine
Brooke Stine marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Michelle Holby
Michelle Holby rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Stefanie Ford
Stefanie Ford marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Zeke
Zeke marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Vicky Arnold
Vicky Arnold rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Linda Green
Linda Green rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Jamie Mann
Jamie Mann marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Laurie Russo
Laurie Russo marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Billie
Billie added it
Mar 29, 2016
Karen Howell
Karen Howell marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Nancy A Murrell
Nancy A Murrell marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • The Provence Cookbook
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Cooking 'Round the Clock: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals
  • Ingredients
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Semi-Homemade Cooking
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Tyler Florence Fresh