Start by marking “Death Before Dishonor” as Want to Read:

Death Before Dishonor

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  1,293 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
ONE REASON TO LIVE.
THREE REASONS TO DIE.

Trill Johnson has five years of jail time under his belt, two women trying to get inside his pants, and one mission in his heart of hearts: Get the suckers who sold him out. And get 'em good.

Sunni James will do anything for Trill. Lie, cheat, steal. Even risk losing her successful beauty salon to save him from the mean streets of
Published January 9th 2007 by Gallery Books/G-Unit (first published January 1st 2007)

Lisa Litberg
Worst. Book. Ever.

Not that I expected much. I bought it for 3.99 at Barnes and Noble, thinking it might interest my students. After reading the first line, which is too obscene to quote here, I realized that was out of the question. I don't even know why I bothered to read it, except that it was so bad it was kind of captivating. The characters are horribly stereotypical (straight out of a ghetto-rap song), the plot is ridiculous, the author contradicts herself constantly, as if she forgot what
Kristian
wow this book is something its about a man who has a crazy life in hustling and he lives the good life off of a bad job. people get suspsious that he is doing bad things to earn this money. he needs to this because he did not go to school but not all of this payed off he was at a club one day and his "girlfriend". at the club he happened to run into his girlfriend which was not a good thing because right behind her wee the cops and he knew he was gonna get messed up or arrested so he headed to t ...more
Lesa Divine
Jun 19, 2008 Lesa Divine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it, i-own
I have to say that not to many people gave this book great review but, I have to say for this to be a short book it got to the point but, left me dumbfound at the same time but, I am thinking and wondering will there be a part 2 to this book.

Ok Trill is a sticky up kid working with his crew taking from well known drug dealers that is bring in the money daily. He also has a girl by the name of Precious that has been by his side though thick and thin even after she was shot and had to get a fake l
Richelle Robinson
I was disappointed in the book! It was an easy read nothing special. The way they hyped the book I was expecting some grimey, gritty, nasty sh*t. The book doesnt cover the loose ends at all.I felt they should have gone a different way! There are so many unanswered questions. As soon as the book got good it was over!
Eva Leger
Jul 20, 2008 Eva Leger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GHETTO DRAMA FANS!!! : )
Recommended to Eva by: myself- I like Turner and 50
Another masterpiece by Nikki Turner! I'd have given the book 5 stars but I do have a few minor problems. The first being that the beginning could have been a lot stronger and it was typical of Turners other books in that sense. The second, and only other thing that took away from the book for me is that the ending was so abrupt. This happens way more than it should with so many books, in all genres. It seems like the author just one day decides THE STORY MUST END! AT ALL COSTS! I'm not sure what ...more
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
I give this book credit for one thing, great editing. I feel cheated though. This book is labeled as a novella, which I've read a few of before, and it worked. This book however, didn't work. The characters have no depth to them and neither did the story. It just ended, unexpectedly. No explanation as to what happened to anyone. (How irritating when you think there's another 20 pages left only to find out it's previews to other books ugh.) I wish there would've been more to this book, maybe anot ...more
Junisha
This book was very inteeresting from the start. First of, it portrayed the characters as doing well in life and making good money. unfrotunately for me, the ending was not what I thought it would be. I thought the protagonist and his girlfriend Sunni were gong to live a happy life. To me, the endng was not clear. I was not sure who was trying to hurt Prcious because the author did not make it clear if Trill, the protagonist really died on the garage floor or if it was Sunni indeed who was trying ...more
Bobby SwaggRockin'
By looking at the cover and reading the summary on the back, I knew what I was going to expect in this book. And I was right. Everything I expected that was going to happen in this book, it happened. Drugs, money, women, guns, violence; all of the things I expected from it, showed up in this very book. Throughout reading it, I wasn't surprised one bit. I wouldn't say it's a very bad book, but I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone at all.
Lukia
Sep 25, 2008 Lukia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very great book. I couldn't put it down once i started reading it. It started off with people that was leading different lives & then it turned into everyone getting involved with everyone in one way or another. The book was great though. I recommend this book to anyone who likes to read about sex, money & drugs because it definitely involves all 3 of those.
Aug 02, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok .. i'm a 52 year old 50cent groupie .. the reason i read the book .. this book starts out with enough to keep your interest .. however .. sadly fizzles out in the end ..however, 50cent being 50, was probly bored one afternoon and said "hey, i'm going to write a murder mystery this afternoon" ahh to be a star ..
Jasmine Boyd
Dec 02, 2010 Jasmine Boyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. I knew I would love this book as soon as I read the title. The title is something I live by, because loyalty is everything to me. This book defined it to the T. Its a right place, wrong time love story, it deals with shiesty people, two-timers, and the loyalty of your true love. I would recommend this book to any and everybody.!
Amanda
May 27, 2008 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emily
I can't remember anything about this book, and I read it last week. Theres a guy who is on the run, and then a gal takes him in, gives him a deep throater, etc. He finds out his wife is stealing from him, side plot, beauty shop drama. My first Niki Turner I believe. I liked her better than the few other urban street lit writers I have read. Weird abrupt ending.
Tanzania Fleming
in this book you must obey the rules of the streets and dont try to snitch either cause you will die no questions asked and its not a good thing but thats what happens whne u join a gang and try to be sneeky about the things you do
Wanica Dunn
Book was ok - beginning was kinda odd, ending was abrupt and there was lots of "gangsta/hood ish" throughout but if a sequel was written, I would read it just to see how the whole thing plays out...
Rachel
Nov 28, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a very long book at all. More of a short story. It was a page turner. Wonder if there is going to be a sequel. Then ending was up in the air. Stinks that Precious survived instead of Trill. Love the title.
Louise Payne
This book was just an okay read to me. Don't get me wrong it was a page turner, but it wasn't nothing that I hadn't read before. I still love Nikki's books and will keep reading her novels but I won't rush to by any books by 50 Cent.
Kennajah
Oct 22, 2008 Kennajah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Kennajah by: friend
i loved the book it was very interesting. i loved hoe the stuck together all the time.
Ladyriah Bell
Mar 17, 2010 Ladyriah Bell added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: darryl
Recommended to Ladyriah by: i saw it on 125th street
it was mad good
Bigboss
da 50 is a gasta
Jovan Johnson
love this book very much
Charity.vs.cece
Sep 29, 2009 Charity.vs.cece is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
its real live
Erica Sims
Jan 25, 2016 Erica Sims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was very short but pulled you in from the very 1st page. I truly enjoyed the book.
Shaquan Moore
Jul 30, 2010 Shaquan Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
50 did a great job on this book
Shà
Feb 09, 2015 Shà rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am not a fan of nikki turner at all but she did exceptionally well on this joint. i enjoyed it for the most part.
Mali
Oct 17, 2007 Mali rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Doesn't tie up the loose ends well. But over all was ok
Mrs.tiffany Blue
Jul 22, 2008 Mrs.tiffany Blue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No-one Unless theres a sequel!
The book started good....The only problem I had was the short chapters and the terrible ending. I don't recommend this at all.
King
Mar 02, 2014 King rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
typical urban book
Ranae Baker
Loved it, there needs to be a part 2!!!!!!!!!
Shanice
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Dime Piece
  • Hoodwinked
  • Grindin'
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
50 Cent is a hip-hop artist who founded the G-Unit Books imprint.
More about 50 Cent...