Start by marking “Your Man is Wonderful: How to Appreciate Your Partner, Romance Your Differences, and Love the One You've Got” as Want to Read:

"Here's a secret about your man: He wants to please you. He wants to be your knight in shining armor. He wants to see the smile on your face that tells him he's worthy. He wants to be your wonderful man."

This is what Dr. Noelle Nelson has discovered about a lot of men in relationships: they want to be there for their women and create the mutually supportive, fulfilling
Published January 6th 2009 by Atria Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Your Man is Wonderful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Man is Wonderful

Abeer mohammed
Jun 20, 2014 Abeer mohammed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب لطيف .. يتكلم عن مجموعة نساء عاشو حياتهم الزوجية بسعادة ووش كانت مواصفات شريك الحياه الرائع بالنسبه لهم وكيف وصلو لهذي المرحله من الاستقرار والسعادة ... الاشياء اللي حبيتها في الكتاب هي اني اتقبل اختلاف الشريك وانظر لها بمتعه بدال ما انظر لها بخوف .. ذكرت قصص لمتزوجات كيف لما غيرو نظرتهم لاختلاف ازواجهم عنهم وبدو يتقبلون الاختلاف عاشو بسعادة ... ذكرت كمان اهمية تقدير الامتنان اللي يظهره الزوج وان الزوج ينبسط لما يظهر امتنانه وتقديره لشي ونفرح فيه , الازواج الرائعون هم اللي يثقون في زوجاتهم ...more
Cara
Dec 30, 2013 Cara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: life
This book keeps making my cry every time I read it. I'm torn: finish it, because I probably need to learn something, or send it back, because life is too short?

I agree with the basic premise that by judging, criticizing, and belittling others, we can squash them down and keep them from living up to their potential or expressing their awesomeness around us. But I resent the implication that "my man" (wtf) would act wonderful if only I'd stop being such a bitch to him. I'm not! I swear!

This book h
Cassandra
This book is theoretically too embarrassing to post on Goodreads, but I have to give it credit for offering some helpful advice about getting along optimally in a relationship. It encourages the reader to be appreciative of the good things about other people instead of being cranky/focused on negative traits and taking people for granted....because that mostly just hurts you anyways.
Delani
Aug 25, 2011 Delani rated it really liked it
Again, this book just found me while I was browsing the shelves at the Herriman Library. It's all about taking responsibility for making your happily ever after happen. A 35-day attitude make over that will make you more happy. I'm on day 5! I noticed that these principles can also be applied to how we look at others people in our lives, not just our husbands/mates.
Kelley
Apr 04, 2009 Kelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm totally down with what this book is getting at. I made a ton of notes (NOT in the book itself, mind you) about how my own attitude and appreciation (or lack thereof) for Maki affects his sense of worth etc. Pretty eye-opening. I'd recommend it for any married/dating gal.
Maria
Mar 31, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read for anyone who is looking to seek out the best in their mate. Confirms how blessed I am to have a married a wonderful man. I didn't do the exercises in the book but anyone who does will strengthen their relationship.
Tara
I liked the advice (good advice for all relationships), but it was so candy coated it was slightly stomach turning. The "example stories" were also irritatingly over the top, such that I had to start skipping them.
Lara
Jan 26, 2016 Lara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, all this did was prove the non-wonderfulness of mine. There were some helpful tidbits (most of which I had already been trying to use) but it was full of how perfect your man should be. Well, most men are not that sensitive, so there's nothing to work with there.
Caroline
Jun 14, 2012 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book follow a progression that helps you analyze how you relate to your mate. It gives concise directives to help you on that path. A quick read.
Debra
Oct 22, 2016 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book with check off charts to keep you on track. I also feel that it could be written for your woman is wonderful too. Many of the ideas are things that men need to let us know.

Rakisha
Rakisha rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Ang
Ang rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2011
Kristen Bamford
Kristen Bamford rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Elsbeth
Elsbeth rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Adrienne Zoe
Adrienne Zoe rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Tisha Weed
Tisha Weed rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Kelleysgirl
Kelleysgirl rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2009
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2008
Kathy Fredrickson
Kathy Fredrickson marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2009
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2009
Liberty
Liberty marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2009
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2009
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2009
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2010
Misty
Misty added it
Jul 02, 2012
Bhavna
Bhavna added it
Mar 14, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Emmy Lindberg
Emmy Lindberg is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2014
Kelly Osgood
Kelly Osgood marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Ryceejo
Ryceejo marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
~wow~ h_wow
~wow~ h_wow marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Basmah AlMeshari
Basmah AlMeshari marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Hanna AlMeshari
Hanna AlMeshari marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Beeta
Beeta marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Brianna Williams
Brianna Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Fosu Landy
Fosu Landy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Asma
Asma marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Laeticia
Laeticia marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016