Start by marking “Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)” as Want to Read:
Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)

Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,393 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
When it comes to love, sometimes it's sink or swim.

As if it's not bad enough that Darby had to leave NYC and her BF to move to Florida, where her family's started running a hotel, now she has to help with the hotel's annual Valentine's Day Cupid's Ball. Things start looking up when local beach hottie Zach takes Darby surfing and shows her around. Beach life actually star
Published December 16th 2008 by Simon Pulse

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Darby hates her life. Her father had a mid-life crisis and quit his job on Wall Street to move the family to Coconut Grove, Florida, to run the Seabreeze Hotel. His family always vacationed there, and when he wanted a change, he convinced the owners that he wanted to keep it the way it was, and sold it to him. Now Darby spends her senior year with only one new friend, Kate, and having to work a couple of nights a week in the hotel's restaurant.

On New Year'
Ash R.
Jun 10, 2009 Ash R. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is about a girl who falls in love just like everyone else. She goes through a lot with all her friends and also with the boy she "loves" she is crazy and falls deeply in love. Thats how they got the name sea of love. She is blinded by his imperfections and also loves him for who he is, but in the end its just all about her and him not her surrowndings.

I can make a text to world connection because right when you staret to like someone you have that feeling where you can never leave t
Amanda Yeargin
I choose to Sea of Love as an independent reading book. This book is about a girl named Darby and she moved from New York to Florida. Her father quit her job and sold there house and used it to run a hotel. Meanwhile she meets a boy that seems to know nothing about love. To find out more read the book. She has a internal conflict which she is trying to figure out if she should stay wit him.
I have a text-to-World connection. Thsi relates to the world because girls can do some crazy things for a
Kate
Aug 10, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies are always a fun read. These books are not necessarily the best written novels but the stories are always fun and you know you will get a happy ending. I think some adult romances could take a note from these books b/c they are characterized well which is much of the battle in writing any novel since you want your characters, for the most part, to be endearing and relatable.
Nicholas
Nov 03, 2014 Nicholas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute and quick read. The relationship between the characters is what really sets this book apart and makes it so adorable. The personal growth in Darby is great. A quick read with lots of laughs.
Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)
Sea of Love is a cute Simon Pulse RomCom. Darby's parents move her family to Florida for her senior year of high school, and for the first six months she hates living there because she's a New York City girl. On New Years Eve, Darby spies a surfer boy, and wonders if she might like him.

Darby starts to be more open minded about living in Florida, all awhile trying to interpret the signals coming from the surfer she saw on New Years.

Sea of Love wasn't one of my favorites that I've read so far, bu
Khadija
Jun 14, 2016 Khadija rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a perfect book for whoever loves love!
Bailey Christopherson
Jul 13, 2011 Bailey Christopherson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: love birds!
I though "In the Stars" was really cute! I really liked Darby's charactor because of how much she changed and embraced the beach life. I live in the middle of Canada, so I really like that the story took place by the beach. There were a few parts that I cringed at because of how cheesy it was, but it's deffinately one of my favorite romantic comedies!! :D
Panda
not my favorite of the Simon pulse romantic comedies however still enjoyable. I found that there was not much romantic tension and the main complication just fell a little short for me. this may be because i couldn't identify so much with the main characters of it could just be because i am finally growing out of these books ... which would be a shame
Tiffany Chiu
Jun 09, 2012 Tiffany Chiu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think that this book is really good. it was about a girl who has to leave her boyfriend soon and move, but then she has to help decorate for a party and then she meets a guy from the beach. she starts falling for him and doesnt know who to tell her boyfriend now. i thought this book was really good and it moves at a really good pace.
Tiffany
What a cute book! I loved the book because of the relationship she had with her mom and dad. Also I just loved Kate, and Darby's mom and dad. Her mom and dad were both so different but both completely adorable, likable, and wonderful parents!
Valerie
Nov 27, 2010 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the personal growth that Darby goes through. The author does a great job of portraying that growth when her ex (or so she thought) comes to see her.

It's a quick read that keeps you laughing.
Morgan
Mar 11, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how this book was all about how Darby changed from being the person that wore all black and hated Florida, to a local person who was happy, wore bright colors, and had school spirit.
Spring Clark
Interesting teenage romance. A light read - just the right thing when you don't want to think too much or worry about a book that might have bad stuff in it. This one doesn't.
Hillary Hernandez
I loved every second if this book! I hate reading books twice but I would willingly read this one again. :)
Janelle Floyd
Jul 26, 2013 Janelle Floyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved reading this book. The plot and the characters were cute and I really like the ending.
Victoria
can't wait to read.the author is from where i live and went to school with my dad so thats pretty cool too.
Angelina
Aug 11, 2014 Angelina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it. Can I go to feel like I travelled to Florida
Angela
Dec 12, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romances
Fun and funny. Don't judge it by the goofy cover! I enjoyed it a lot!
T.M. Carper
Very formulaic, but a light teen-based summer read.
Chelsea
Not a lot to say about this book, but it was cute.
Savannah
Summer 2010- REally enjoyed this one
Victoria Newman
Oct 13, 2014 Victoria Newman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Katie-Lee
romance. It was pretty good.
Tarryn
loved it
Jul 22, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was ok
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
  • Gettin’ Lucky
  • Love on Cue
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • In the Stars
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Miss Match
  • Perfect Shot
  • Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Hard to Get
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • Prom Crashers
  • Getting to Third Date
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)