Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)

Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  1,145 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When it comes to love, sometimes it's sink or swim.

As if it's not bad enough that Darby had to leave NYC and her BF to move to Florida, where her family's started running a hotel, now she has to help with the hotel's annual Valentine's Day Cupid's Ball. Things start looking up when local beach hottie Zach takes Darby surfing and shows her around. Beach life actually star...more
Published December 16th 2008 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Love

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Darby hates her life. Her father had a mid-life crisis and quit his job on Wall Street to move the family to Coconut Grove, Florida, to run the Seabreeze Hotel. His family always vacationed there, and when he wanted a change, he convinced the owners that he wanted to keep it the way it was, and sold it to him. Now Darby spends her senior year with only one new friend, Kate, and having to work a couple of nights a week in the hotel's restaurant.

On New Year'...more
Ash R.

This book is about a girl who falls in love just like everyone else. She goes through a lot with all her friends and also with the boy she "loves" she is crazy and falls deeply in love. Thats how they got the name sea of love. She is blinded by his imperfections and also loves him for who he is, but in the end its just all about her and him not her surrowndings.

I can make a text to world connection because right when you staret to like someone you have that feeling where you can never leave t...more
Amanda Yeargin
I choose to Sea of Love as an independent reading book. This book is about a girl named Darby and she moved from New York to Florida. Her father quit her job and sold there house and used it to run a hotel. Meanwhile she meets a boy that seems to know nothing about love. To find out more read the book. She has a internal conflict which she is trying to figure out if she should stay wit him.
I have a text-to-World connection. Thsi relates to the world because girls can do some crazy things for a...more
Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)
Sea of Love is a cute Simon Pulse RomCom. Darby's parents move her family to Florida for her senior year of high school, and for the first six months she hates living there because she's a New York City girl. On New Years Eve, Darby spies a surfer boy, and wonders if she might like him.

Darby starts to be more open minded about living in Florida, all awhile trying to interpret the signals coming from the surfer she saw on New Years.

Sea of Love wasn't one of my favorites that I've read so far, bu...more
Bailey Wachniak
Jul 13, 2011 Bailey Wachniak rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: love birds!
I though "In the Stars" was really cute! I really liked Darby's charactor because of how much she changed and embraced the beach life. I live in the middle of Canada, so I really like that the story took place by the beach. There were a few parts that I cringed at because of how cheesy it was, but it's deffinately one of my favorite romantic comedies!! :D
Panda
not my favorite of the Simon pulse romantic comedies however still enjoyable. I found that there was not much romantic tension and the main complication just fell a little short for me. this may be because i couldn't identify so much with the main characters of it could just be because i am finally growing out of these books ... which would be a shame
Tiffany Chiu
i think that this book is really good. it was about a girl who has to leave her boyfriend soon and move, but then she has to help decorate for a party and then she meets a guy from the beach. she starts falling for him and doesnt know who to tell her boyfriend now. i thought this book was really good and it moves at a really good pace.
Tiffany
What a cute book! I loved the book because of the relationship she had with her mom and dad. Also I just loved Kate, and Darby's mom and dad. Her mom and dad were both so different but both completely adorable, likable, and wonderful parents!
Valerie
I loved the personal growth that Darby goes through. The author does a great job of portraying that growth when her ex (or so she thought) comes to see her.

It's a quick read that keeps you laughing.
Morgan
I liked how this book was all about how Darby changed from being the person that wore all black and hated Florida, to a local person who was happy, wore bright colors, and had school spirit.
Spring Clark
Interesting teenage romance. A light read - just the right thing when you don't want to think too much or worry about a book that might have bad stuff in it. This one doesn't.
Hillary Hernandez
I loved every second if this book! I hate reading books twice but I would willingly read this one again. :)
Janelle Floyd
I really loved reading this book. The plot and the characters were cute and I really like the ending.
Victoria
can't wait to read.the author is from where i live and went to school with my dad so thats pretty cool too.
Angelina
I really enjoyed it. Can I go to feel like I travelled to Florida
Angela
Fun and funny. Don't judge it by the goofy cover! I enjoyed it a lot!
T.M. Carper
Very formulaic, but a light teen-based summer read.
Chelsea
Not a lot to say about this book, but it was cute.
Savannah
Summer 2010- REally enjoyed this one
Katie-Lee
romance. It was pretty good.
RiRi
RiRi marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • Perfect Shot
  • Love Off-Limits
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • Love on Cue
  • Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • In the Stars
  • Miss Match
  • Dancing Queen
  • Hard to Get
  • Getting to Third Date
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Snow in Love
Animal Attraction Prama Sea of Love (The Romantic Comedies) The Green Monster (The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, 12) History Mystery (The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo #9)