Start by marking “Accidental It Girl” as Want to Read:
Accidental It Girl

Accidental It Girl

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  1,105 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
What comes around...

Photographer Sadie Price is known for her thick skin and infallible instincts. A lofty education has made her skilled in her craft, and a fear of poverty -- and love for Jimmy Choo -- has made her one of the East Coast's most savvy paparazzi. She keeps her exhilarating but sometimes hectic life manageable by staying on the right side of the razor-thin
Published October 10th 2006 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Accidental It Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidental It Girl

Dee W.
Nov 12, 2007 Dee W. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I go to the library I can't resist the ChickLit. It's a sick, sad addiction that I always give into. That being said, this book was hysterical. A very quick read, full of amusing characters and absurd situations. If you need a beach read, check this out. A papparazzi gets targeted by a Movie Star that sees himself wronged by her, and hating her kind. Stalking and tabloid explotation aplenty!
Jun 05, 2013 JiEun rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: famous-ordinary
I think the two-star description of "It's OK" is perfect for this book. It's simply just "OK." It's not terribly bad, but it's also not worthy enough of a second read. The set-up is interesting enough, and yet the execution is missing.

Here's where the book went wrong for me:
(1) Sadie is supposedly a "Killer" papparazzi who not only has really good instincts for ferreting out celebrities, but also for taking good shots. However, she just "suddenly" can't take pictures of Ethan Wyatt. OK. I don't
Peace Love and Reviews
Libby Street is one of my favorite chick lit authors. Happiness Sold Separately is one of their books that I probably read a couple of times because it felt good to read it. Its been a while since I read a book from them so I decided to finally read the Accidental It Girl, the summary promised a very intriguing plot that involves a paparazzi and a celebrity. In the real world their interaction can end up in accidents, cursing, slewof insults, legal battles, etc. In this story our heroine, Sadie ...more
May 21, 2011 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my GOD! I loved this book! I got sucked into it from page one and could not put it down. I really don't know where to start.

I loved the plot. I'm not a real big fan of the paparazzi, but I loved the idea of having the tables turned. Our society today, is a little too fascinated about the lives of stars.

Sadie is an awesome woman. I was able to admire her while being able to feel sorry for her. The movie star who is retaliating sounds like the perfect guy; good looking, rich, and honest-to-good
Wilnona Marie
Dec 11, 2015 Wilnona Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfuly done on purpose. It is really well done. The karma bit as an entire premise for a book is nice. the mother daughter issues and the resolution with the potriat. It was touching.
Jul 15, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Chick lit. Fast, mindless reading. I enjoyed it. ;)
Jan 14, 2016 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 out of 5 stars!! The book started out VERY slow .... if I didn't pay for it then I might have stopped there but thankfully after finishing a quarter of the book ... it picked up and became really funny!! The story is mixed in with it's own tabloid feel to it. Definitely cute.

Read more of this review here:
Jun 08, 2013 Jaye rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I had a little trouble with this rating. I think this is mostly due to the fact that it had the potential to be four or five stars, if it weren't for two main reasons:

1. Scenery. There was a surprising lack of scenes between Sadie and Ethan. Very little interaction. I would have bought their whole relationship a lot more, if only I were treated to some juicy tidbits. However, they kind of just fall in together. There's no real relationship building scenes. Their connection isn't adequately estab
Mar 04, 2013 Sx rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
When the world is rushing to weigh in on you, do you lose focus of where you started out to do in order to meet expectations?

Meet Ethan Wyatt, superstar, action flick actor, gorgeous and charismatic in one human package. One front page scandal turns him into a amateur paparazzi. Now meet Sadie Price, a girl full of hopes and dreams that were somehow buried under the clutter of her job as paparazzi, commitment-phobe, amusing and just an everyday girl with a job to push celebrities out of their hi
Mar 26, 2010 Christy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2010
Dec 16, 2009 Cassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book, and literally could not put it down. I have a few favorite books that I've had a hard time putting down, but none like this one - It's one of my top favorite books that I'm going to read again and again.

I loved both Sadie and Ethan and more than enjoyed their bickering back and forth throughout the book. I also really liked how the authors showed what it's really like for celebrities with the stalkerazzi and how crazy life can really be when a camera is in your face 24/7, eve
Solid 3 Stars
This book was exactly like anything else that could probably be considered bad for me, light, fluffy, high in calories... and I enjoyed it just as much as any other guilty indulgence :-).
It was an amusing decently written piece of fluff and kept me smiling this week.
Was it predictable - yes, did that take away any of the enjoyment - no, lol. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting, a highly improbable, decently funny bit of fun.
Don't read this one of you're looking for anyth
Nov 10, 2015 Houda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, ebook, chick-lit
while, it's been a while since i took a book in one setting;
this book, even if i found it at first a little dull but it didn't disappoint, i leterally stayed up until 6am squeezing the hell out of my eyes and giggling uncontrollably at the dialogues and hilarious comments Sadie throw every time,Ethan seems to me like a bored celebrity who doesn't have much to do with his life so he took Sadie as a distraction following her around and turning her life into hell but as he said himself at the begin
Nov 19, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actually give it 3.5 stars. The writing was humorous and not too predictable. I appreciate that the writers did not give the main character the obligatory gay best friend, and even the "perfect" best friend was not as perfect as she first seemed.
Anna (the anonanimal)
This book seemed hastily written with a broad attempt at presenting a critique of our celebrity obsessed society while failing to deliver any really juicy morsels that chick-lit ought to provide. As the reader you neither have the opportunity to fantasize about suddenly being handed a life of glamor and fame on a plate, nor do you get the opportunity to really reflect on the problems inherent in our worship of wealth and fame. It is odd that I think it should either participate in the worship, o ...more
Oct 13, 2016 Tin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2016
For romance, i'm rating this a 2.8. Sure there were cute situations, but the road to couplehood was a little blurry.

For the personal growth angle though, this is a solid 3. It took a while, and Sadie's self-reflections got redundant and exhausting, but it felt natural, almost relatable.
their broke asses seem to live in a nice ass New York apartment and buy some nice ass clothes don't even play me with that "boo hoo I inherited my dead father's debt" nonsense
Purple Iris
Dec 14, 2015 Purple Iris rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit

This was ok, but could have been a lot better. Also, I really do not get how this A list actor had the time or inclination to stalk a random woman for weeks. WTF?
Tracey Henry
Apr 10, 2016 Tracey Henry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed out loud so many times. Couldn't put it down. Super fun and quirky
Dec 10, 2015 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It started out super funny and quirky. But it seemed to quickly lose the fun and just became really random and unrealistic.
Eva Peters
Apr 03, 2015 Eva Peters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Papparazzi Sadie gets in front of her colleagues lenses and learns about following her dreams and selling out

what I liked:
good writing, very exciting, page turner from beginning to end
subtle romance, not cheesy

what I did not like:
the character of Sadie was getting on my nerves, she is pigheaded, a whiner and acts unpredictable
she does not take good care of herself: she is often seen and photoraphed with dirty clothes, messy hair and has never carefully applied make-up. When she knows, that she i
Jan 04, 2016 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily Long
Complete fluffy nonsense. But fun.
It was an okay book. I actually expected more, searching endlessly for a copy of this. I didn't like the way they delivered the story (I'm not really into super-casual language, with the thought streams and stuff. Sophie Kinsella can pull it off but that's because she's Sophie Kinsella and she mixes casual with some cheeky tones). I didn't like some of Sadie's rebuttals to Ethan's snarky insults, but I liked their cheesy, light romance in the end. It was cute, but I expected more.
Aug 05, 2008 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Sadie Price has a dream job as a photographer, too bad she is despised for it. As a member of the reviled New York paparazzi, she is a little tired of being sworn at and hated, but being an artistic photographer is no way to make a living. Sadie does experience times when she questions her career choice, but she tries to stick to her own moral code. She is unprepared when well-known actor Ethan Wyatt turns the tables and makes her the subject of tabloid and celebrity magazines.
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rather fantastical but fun story. i loved the ending and all the fake news in between chapters.
This was pretty silly, but it was a fun summer read. The main character is a paparazzi who gets the tables turned on her. I like books about celebrities and people who work closely with them (even though this is fiction there were several real names dropped, who were fun to imagine in the middle of this story). I liked the main character, even though the descriptions of her in various situations were a little long and not very believable.
Aug 27, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge chick lit fan and have already read most of the extremely popular books out there. So, I love when I come across a book like this and truly enjoy it. The characters were great. I love the bickering between Sadie & Ethan along with the concept of a celebrity turning the tables and stalking a paparazzi. The book was hilarious and I highly recommend it. I plan on checking out other books by Libby Street now.
Nov 26, 2014 Musiquedevie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3 and a half stars. I enjoyed this fluffy, light, pop-culture book. The characters were funny and easy to like. The quick wit lines filled with pop culture references were great. I look forward to reading another book by the duo.
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Exes and Ohs
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
  • Party Girl
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • How to Sleep with a Movie Star
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • The Book of Jane
  • The Go-To Girl
  • Thanks for Nothing, Nick Maxwell
  • Younger
  • True Love (and Other Lies)
  • Making Mischief
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • The Ten Best Days of My Life
  • Love You to Death
Libby Street is the pseudonym for the writing team of Emily S. Morris and Sarah Bushweller.

Emily and Sarah met on Liberty Drive in Dover, Delaware at the age of four and have been best friends ever since. Twenty years later, they began writing together via email and telephone--just trying to make each other laugh.

Recently, they've been busy with growing families and film and television projects. T
More about Libby Street...