Accidental It Girl

Accidental It Girl

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  738 ratings  ·  51 reviews
What comes around...

Photographer Sadie Price is known for her thick skin and infallible instincts. A lofty education has made her skilled in her craft, and a fear of poverty -- and love for Jimmy Choo -- has made her one of the East Coast's most savvy paparazzi. She keeps her exhilarating but sometimes hectic life manageable by staying on the right side of the razor-thin...more
Published October 10th 2006 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Accidental It Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidental It Girl

Dee W.
Whenever I go to the library I can't resist the ChickLit. It's a sick, sad addiction that I always give into. That being said, this book was hysterical. A very quick read, full of amusing characters and absurd situations. If you need a beach read, check this out. A papparazzi gets targeted by a Movie Star that sees himself wronged by her, and hating her kind. Stalking and tabloid explotation aplenty!
Chanpreet
Oh my GOD! I loved this book! I got sucked into it from page one and could not put it down. I really don't know where to start.

I loved the plot. I'm not a real big fan of the paparazzi, but I loved the idea of having the tables turned. Our society today, is a little too fascinated about the lives of stars.

Sadie is an awesome woman. I was able to admire her while being able to feel sorry for her. The movie star who is retaliating sounds like the perfect guy; good looking, rich, and honest-to-good...more
Diana
Chick lit. Fast, mindless reading. I enjoyed it. ;)
Peace Love and Reviews
Libby Street is one of my favorite chick lit authors. Happiness Sold Separately is one of their books that I probably read a couple of times because it felt good to read it. Its been a while since I read a book from them so I decided to finally read the Accidental It Girl, the summary promised a very intriguing plot that involves a paparazzi and a celebrity. In the real world their interaction can end up in accidents, cursing, slewof insults, legal battles, etc. In this story our heroine, Sadie...more
J. Lynne
I had a little trouble with this rating. I think this is mostly due to the fact that it had the potential to be four or five stars, if it weren't for two main reasons:

1. Scenery. There was a surprising lack of scenes between Sadie and Ethan. Very little interaction. I would have bought their whole relationship a lot more, if only I were treated to some juicy tidbits. However, they kind of just fall in together. There's no real relationship building scenes. Their connection isn't adequately estab...more
JiEun
I think the two-star description of "It's OK" is perfect for this book. It's simply just "OK." It's not terribly bad, but it's also not worthy enough of a second read. The set-up is interesting enough, and yet the execution is missing.

Here's where the book went wrong for me:
(1) Sadie is supposedly a "Killer" papparazzi who not only has really good instincts for ferreting out celebrities, but also for taking good shots. However, she just "suddenly" can't take pictures of Ethan Wyatt. OK. I don't...more
Sx
When the world is rushing to weigh in on you, do you lose focus of where you started out to do in order to meet expectations?

Meet Ethan Wyatt, superstar, action flick actor, gorgeous and charismatic in one human package. One front page scandal turns him into a amateur paparazzi. Now meet Sadie Price, a girl full of hopes and dreams that were somehow buried under the clutter of her job as paparazzi, commitment-phobe, amusing and just an everyday girl with a job to push celebrities out of their hi...more
Christy
Cassie
I loved this book, and literally could not put it down. I have a few favorite books that I've had a hard time putting down, but none like this one - It's one of my top favorite books that I'm going to read again and again.

I loved both Sadie and Ethan and more than enjoyed their bickering back and forth throughout the book. I also really liked how the authors showed what it's really like for celebrities with the stalkerazzi and how crazy life can really be when a camera is in your face 24/7, eve...more
Melinda
Solid 3 Stars
This book was exactly like anything else that could probably be considered bad for me, light, fluffy, high in calories... and I enjoyed it just as much as any other guilty indulgence :-).
It was an amusing decently written piece of fluff and kept me smiling this week.
Was it predictable - yes, did that take away any of the enjoyment - no, lol. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting, a highly improbable, decently funny bit of fun.
Don't read this one of you're looking for anyth...more
N.
Anna (the anonanimal)
This book seemed hastily written with a broad attempt at presenting a critique of our celebrity obsessed society while failing to deliver any really juicy morsels that chick-lit ought to provide. As the reader you neither have the opportunity to fantasize about suddenly being handed a life of glamor and fame on a plate, nor do you get the opportunity to really reflect on the problems inherent in our worship of wealth and fame. It is odd that I think it should either participate in the worship, o...more
Kimberly
Tiff
It was an okay book. I actually expected more, searching endlessly for a copy of this. I didn't like the way they delivered the story (I'm not really into super-casual language, with the thought streams and stuff. Sophie Kinsella can pull it off but that's because she's Sophie Kinsella and she mixes casual with some cheeky tones). I didn't like some of Sadie's rebuttals to Ethan's snarky insults, but I liked their cheesy, light romance in the end. It was cute, but I expected more.
Nicole
Sadie Price has a dream job as a photographer, too bad she is despised for it. As a member of the reviled New York paparazzi, she is a little tired of being sworn at and hated, but being an artistic photographer is no way to make a living. Sadie does experience times when she questions her career choice, but she tries to stick to her own moral code. She is unprepared when well-known actor Ethan Wyatt turns the tables and makes her the subject of tabloid and celebrity magazines.
Meaghan
rather fantastical but fun story. i loved the ending and all the fake news in between chapters.
Amy
I'm a huge chick lit fan and have already read most of the extremely popular books out there. So, I love when I come across a book like this and truly enjoy it. The characters were great. I love the bickering between Sadie & Ethan along with the concept of a celebrity turning the tables and stalking a paparazzi. The book was hilarious and I highly recommend it. I plan on checking out other books by Libby Street now.
Pamela
Was a great summer read. A light but entertaining story.
Kristy
Loved this one! I couldn't put it down and luckily I didn't have to! Kinda follows in the steps of "How to Sleep With A Movie Star". Some of the things this character gets into is so funny! But it does make you wonder how celebrities deal with the attention and photographers every day. I think this takes it to extremes in a few places, but to good effect.
Tonya
What a comical look at the weird obsession with celebrity (or celebrity fringe members) in America! I loved the quirky characters in this book, and the dialogue often reminded me of the snappish things my friends and I say to each other. While over the top, I can relate to some of what the characters are dealing with in this book. It was a nice, quick read.
Bookgirl89
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! literally could NOT put it down!!! It was hysterical, cute, with well written characters. Sadie and Ethan have amazing chemistry, i loved their conversations.
I wouldn't change a thing about this book, its perfect just the way it is...but i would have loved more scenes of Sadie and Ethan together. other than that it was AMAZING!!!
A funny story of the paparazzi turning on one of their own and putting and unsuspecting photographer in the spotlight. Interesting to remind us all of the toll paparazzi can take on someone's life to get those US Weekly/OK/Star/People etc photos we all love to hate and yet turn to obsessively!
Lara Moore
This was a cute book, but at the same time I felt like it was lacking something. I didn't really care for the Ethan he was too perfect but at the same time a total dick. This is one of those books I'm going to have to write the title of the book down because I'm sure i'm going to forget I read it
Lori Anaple
Finally! This is a good beach read. Funny, zingy, but with some real mother daughter issues and finding yourself. Don't get me wrong, it won't solve world peace, but it is a run romp with a silly book. And points for the originality of it.
george
Sadie is a member of the paparazzi. She pisses off THE big celebrity of the day and he decides to enact revenge by placing her in the spotlight. This book is not good. I did not really enjoy it and even for chick-lit, it's pretty bad.
Jessica
total chick-flick type of story, but i really liked it. it was a fun, fast, entertaining read. fluffy reading for sure, but sometimes its nice not to think.

there was some mild language for those who like to be forewarned.
Brenda Kelton
I really wanted to like this book, but I didn't. I found I was bored at times and would stop reading. I think its because I really couldn't make a connection with the characters. And I hated the ending it was so blah.
Jamie Simon
Silly (as in stupid) and predictable. I was disappointed, as some of the ratings and reviews on here seemed to indicate the book was going to be funny. I smiled a few times, but I don't think I actually laughed.
An Tran
At the moment I'm about half way through and thinks it's quite a charming book. Easy, light read. Ethan Wyatt is quite yummy <3 Why are all Ethans of chick lits so adorable!
Goofy and implausible but fun chick lit about a woman who is a paparazzi who finds the tables turned when a movie star tries to give her a taste of her own medicine.
  • Younger
  • Exes and Ohs
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • Thanks for Nothing, Nick Maxwell
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Reinventing Mona
  • The Go-To Girl
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • How to Sleep with a Movie Star
  • Party Girl
  • Daddy's Girls
  • True Love (and Other Lies)
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • The Best Day of Someone Else's Life
  • Love You to Death
Libby Street is the pseudonym for the writing team of Emily S. Morris and Sarah Bushweller.

Emily and Sarah met on Liberty Drive in Dover, Delaware at the age of four and have been best friends ever since. Twenty years later, they began writing together via email and telephone--just trying to make each other laugh.

Recently, they've been busy with growing families and film and television projects. T...more
More about Libby Street...
Happiness Sold Separately In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection