Every Word Has Power: Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life

Every Word Has Power: Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Words have power. The very words we say and think not only describe our world but actually create it. They have a profound impact on our lives; in fact, our self-talk produces 100 percent of our results. In this pioneering, practical book, Yvonne Oswald teaches us how to fi lter unsupportive words to produce outstanding results, changing our perspective, relationships, and...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2008)

Samaa Salem
كتاب نفسي
استفدت منه جدا ولازالت
اعتقد لابد من قراته مرة اخرى ومرات عديدة
به معلومات وتطبيقات ثرية واساليب مفيدة
Lora Abrielle
I felt this was an important book in helping me wake up to a surprising insight. Yvonne Oswald offers a quiz to help you see how positive or negative your perspective tends to be. I was confident (as was a good friend of hers) that I would score well as an optimist. However, her talented, gentle way of asking key questions, helped me reveal hidden undercurrents of negativity.

While this didn't feel good, I paid attention and am ultimately very grateful to Yvonne (or to anyone) who can hold up a...more
Julieta
Glad I loaned it from the library and didn't put down a Jackson for it.

There were a few good reminders of the importance of how we talk to ourselves and the language we choose when communicating with others. Would you talk to your best friend the way you talk to yourself?
What words energize you? Help calm you? What kind of voice do you have?

She takes Aristophanes speech from Plato's Symposium out of context.
"Aristophanes said that each person is half of a single unit of love and that the goal...more
هاني المياحي
كتاب رائع جدا في التنمية البشريه
يتكلم الكتاب عن دور الكلام في التاثير على حياتنا وكذالك على البشرية وحتى
الجينات الوراثية
تحث المؤلفه في فصول الكتاب على النطق بالكلمات الايجابيه فقط ذات الطاقه العاليه والابتعاد عن الكلمات السلبيه ذات الطاقه المنخفضه
وتوجد العديد من الفصول التي تحث على التامل
يستاهل الكتاب 5 نجوم لكن بسبب الكلام الكثير الذي لم اجد له داعي في بعض
الفصول
Dana  Khalaf
كتاب مفيد وحلو ومؤثر جدا ..
Julie
not bad, has great exercises and suggestions
Vivera Siregar
Kalau aku tidak salah, ini buku yang diterjemahkan ke dalam bahasa Indonesia dengan judul: Keajaiban kata-kata. Bagaimana kata-kata dan pikiran kita akan menarik energi positif atau negatif ke dalam kehidupan. So, anda pilih jadi pemenang atau pecundang?? Saya pilih yang pertama, off course.
Mani Kandan
Apr 04, 2011 Mani Kandan added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Mani by: shashi
Abstract of this book : Mind your words because it shape your life.

Lot of tips & exercise to switch your words, thoughts, life.

Nice book to have at home for reference ever.

Shauna
Every Word Has Power clearly explains why words are powerful and how they influence our beliefs thoughts and actions. The instructions are useful.
Jessica
if you work with youth...there are some good exercises here to teach them the power of language and thought and the connection between them....
Rochelle
great book. every chapter is an eye opener. anyone that reads this book should be able to take something away from it
Phillip
This is on my re-read list. It's amazing how language shapes our lives and we're not even aware of it.
J. Madison
loved the book! I borrowed it from the library but ordered my own copy after I realized how great it was!
This is a great book! Wonderful unique exercises. A book I'll reference often.
Lori Locklear
An essential read for those wishing to use their words for empowerment.
Valerie
Excellent, intelligent, forward movement pick! ;-)
Ed Lusk
Excellent read. Would recommend this book to my friends.
Ebtehal
جميل ... وفادني كثير
Scott
Scott added it
Jul 22, 2014
Mariam Ahmed
Mariam Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Mzzhumble
Mzzhumble marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Asalah Obaedi
Asalah Obaedi marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Maha Mohsen
Maha Mohsen is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2014
Watan Watan
Watan Watan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Every Word Has Power Semmering, Reichenau &Amp; Rax: Eine Literatische Rundreise Durch Die Wiener Alpen Keyspeech - 9 Keys to Inner Power Your Every Word Has Power Kit Every Word Has Power, Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life