Start by marking “Deluge: CSI: New York” as Want to Read:
Deluge: CSI: New York
Preview

Deluge: CSI: New York (CSI: New York #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Days and nights of heavy spring rain threaten to cripple New York City. Neighborhoods are experiencing periodic blackouts. People have been reported electrocuted by fallen power lines. Flooding of some subway lines has stopped trains in their tracks. And in the midst of the deluge, the CSI team has three cases to solve.

Mac Taylor and Don Flack are on the trail of the per
Published May 22nd 2007 by Pocket Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Deluge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deluge

Kelsey
My Take: Here is a small fact: rain freaks me out. It's not that a fear drowning or I fear the rain itself. I've always been a tad bit fearful of what might be hiding under the dark, grey cover that rain seems to provide more often then not. I'm afraid of what might come with the rain. It's the flooding and mud that swallows your foot and the lightening that terrifies me. It's stupid and irrational, yes, I am very much aware so thank you but I can't help it. Because I'm already afraid of the rai ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
In all honesty, this wasn't one of my favorite CSI titles, but it wasn't because of the storyline.

There are three separate crimes to be solved in DELUGE, all in the middle of an astonishing amount of rain falling in New York City. One involves the murder of a popular male teacher at an exclusive prep school, one is the findings of several bodies who can all be traced back to one man, and the other is a suspected case of arson that ended up with several dead victims at a small pub.

Although the c
LARRY
As posted in [http://www.amazon.com]:

Uh, no. I just could not finish this book. It was a boring read.

There's a heavy and continuous downpour in NYC and there are three crimes that the CSI team need process and solve.

Mac and Don uncover a string of carved victims. Slowly, they realize that they all lead to a man. So, it's a race against time to prevent additional murders from happening.

Lindsay and Danny are investigating the death of a teacher, who is supposed to be loved by the students. Appa
Danie
What is it with Stuart Kaminsky and extreme weather in his CSI books, heat waves, torrential rain. Yikes. At least he was a bit nicer to Stella in this book.

As the rest of the CSI:NY novels this is a solid piece of work. This was one of my favorites since it had Lindsey on the team, Hawkes as a CSI, as well as Sid as the ME. Sid on the TV show is such a great recurring character and it's no different in this book.

The stories are mostly interesting, one is about a mostly beloved teacher who is fo
Karschtl
Mac's team is busy solving three cases at once, for each one twi ppl are responsible. I found the ones about the serial killer and the dead teacher the most interesting, the bomb story was only interesting because of the side-story with Stella and the fireman.

Although this is "only" a book to a TV show, it was very good. Normally they are of a less quality than "real" thriller novels, but this wasn't the case here. The scenes and characters were depicted quite well, the stories were not too susp
Sian Wadey
Deluge by Stuart M.Kaminsky

I'm a massive fan of CSI, even if CSI:NY isn't my favourite, so when I realised there were accompanying books I leapt at the chance. Kaminsky knows what the characters are like and how they speak. It's evident he's researched the show. It was great reading new stories about some of my favourite characters. Overall, they're a good, easy read that require practically no imagination because you already know the people and their history. This was one of the better CSI book
Trevor
A television series tie-in that reads like another episode of the television show off of which it is based. It's an enjoyable read if one is looking for a paperback version of a CSI: NY episode, but there's nothing too noteworthy about it, especially in the grand scheme of thrillers. While it can hold its own, the main plots could easily be their own books with original characters as well. I will mention that the first chapter or two of the book makes mention to the very things that make me love ...more
Monica Willyard
Sometimes the villains look like heroes.
Tracy
Fast read with good pacing. Had a few quick moments throughout to highlight each character's personality/some key event from a character's past. Overall, pretty standard TV fiction. Lacked emotion from both the TV characters and original characters, but perhaps this is most true to the show? (I've only seen a few episodes here and there of CSI: NY.) It's probably good travel reading, but nothing for the hardcore literary. Wasn't a bad read, however.
Mauri
Awful. I have no idea why this one sucked so much, considering that the one before it was at least passable. Maybe it was the fact that Hawkes fell into a hole and was trapped and nobody really seemed to care beyond occasionally calling Stella to check in. Maybe it was because yet again, so many pages were dedicated to the perpetrators and their thought processes. I've said it many times, I'll say it again - Could. Not. Care. Less.
Travelling Cari
I read this book in one day after picking it up from the library yesterday. Nice fluff, typical of Stuart Kaminsky and the CSI: NY books. I liked Stella working with Sheldon, and couldn't shake the feeling that Connor reminded me of someone. Don't know what I thought about Devlin, amusing I think. Like how the author finally tied in some canon and corrected some of the errors from the earlier versions.
Joshua Emil
The storyline is just the same as the TV series. There is some kind of problem here because in reality, crime scene detectives doesn't investigate the crime itself but provide information on scientific data.Since this is fiction, anything could happen.
Natalie
I think I liked them better with the other author (Max Allen Collins?). Good plot but not as easy of a read - then again I was coming down with a cold and was exhausted.
Nicole
Better watched than read, but still interesting.
Rachel
This was an ok read, nothing special.
Huey
not too bad, but like the show better.
BC or Brenda
Iown two copies.
Ammaris
Ammaris marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sauron
Sauron marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Vera
Vera marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Tribefan
Tribefan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Star Chen
Star Chen marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Zandrea
Zandrea marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • Heart Attack (CSI: Miami, Book 6) (Harm for the Holidays, Part II)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Brass in Pocket (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #12)
  • Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
Received the Shamus Award, "The Eye" (Lifetime achievment award) in 2007.

Stuart M. Kaminsky is author of 50 published novels, 5 biographies, 4 textbooks and 35 short stories. He also has screenwriting credits on four produced films including ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, ENEMY TERRITORY, A WOMAN IN THE WIND and HIDDEN FEARS. He is a past president of the Mystery Writers of America and has been nomi
More about Stuart M. Kaminsky...

CSI: New York (4 books)
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)
  • Blood on the Sun (CSI: New York, #2)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
Death of a Dissident (Porfiry Rostnikov, #1) A Cold Red Sunrise (Porfiry Rostnikov, #5) Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1) Bullet for a Star (Toby Peters, #1) Murder on the Yellow Brick Road (Toby Peters, #2)