Start by marking “Deluge: CSI: New York” as Want to Read:
Deluge: CSI: New York

Deluge: CSI: New York (CSI: New York #3)

Days and nights of heavy spring rain threaten to cripple New York City. Neighborhoods are experiencing periodic blackouts. People have been reported electrocuted by fallen power lines. Flooding of some subway lines has stopped trains in their tracks. And in the midst of the deluge, the CSI team has three cases to solve.

Mac Taylor and Don Flack are on the trail of the per
Published May 22nd 2007 by Pocket Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Deluge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deluge

Kelsey
Jun 30, 2013 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Take: Here is a small fact: rain freaks me out. It's not that a fear drowning or I fear the rain itself. I've always been a tad bit fearful of what might be hiding under the dark, grey cover that rain seems to provide more often then not. I'm afraid of what might come with the rain. It's the flooding and mud that swallows your foot and the lightening that terrifies me. It's stupid and irrational, yes, I am very much aware so thank you but I can't help it. Because I'm already afraid of the rai ...more
LARRY
Jan 25, 2008 LARRY rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: whodunit, tv_read
As posted in [http://www.amazon.com]:

Uh, no. I just could not finish this book. It was a boring read.

There's a heavy and continuous downpour in NYC and there are three crimes that the CSI team need process and solve.

Mac and Don uncover a string of carved victims. Slowly, they realize that they all lead to a man. So, it's a race against time to prevent additional murders from happening.

Lindsay and Danny are investigating the death of a teacher, who is supposed to be loved by the students. Appa
Jennifer Wardrip
In all honesty, this wasn't one of my favorite CSI titles, but it wasn't because of the storyline.

There are three separate crimes to be solved in DELUGE, all in the middle of an astonishing amount of rain falling in New York City. One involves the murder of a popular male teacher at an exclusive prep school, one is the findings of several bodies who can all be traced back to one man, and the other is a suspected case of arson that ended up with several dead victims at a small pub.

Although the c
Danie
Jul 25, 2009 Danie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myst-thrill
What is it with Stuart Kaminsky and extreme weather in his CSI books, heat waves, torrential rain. Yikes. At least he was a bit nicer to Stella in this book.

As the rest of the CSI:NY novels this is a solid piece of work. This was one of my favorites since it had Lindsey on the team, Hawkes as a CSI, as well as Sid as the ME. Sid on the TV show is such a great recurring character and it's no different in this book.

The stories are mostly interesting, one is about a mostly beloved teacher who is fo
Sian Wadey
Deluge by Stuart M.Kaminsky

I'm a massive fan of CSI, even if CSI:NY isn't my favourite, so when I realised there were accompanying books I leapt at the chance. Kaminsky knows what the characters are like and how they speak. It's evident he's researched the show. It was great reading new stories about some of my favourite characters. Overall, they're a good, easy read that require practically no imagination because you already know the people and their history. This was one of the better CSI book
Karschtl
Mac's team is busy solving three cases at once, for each one twi ppl are responsible. I found the ones about the serial killer and the dead teacher the most interesting, the bomb story was only interesting because of the side-story with Stella and the fireman.

Although this is "only" a book to a TV show, it was very good. Normally they are of a less quality than "real" thriller novels, but this wasn't the case here. The scenes and characters were depicted quite well, the stories were not too susp
Jonathan Gentry
Oct 21, 2014 Jonathan Gentry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deluge is the third and final book that Stuart Kaminsky wrote, and the one that I liked the most out of the four that were written. Mac and Don investigate a serial killer who carves initials into their victim's bodies. Danny and Lindsey investigate the death of a teacher at a swanky private school. And my favorite of the three crimes: Stella and Sheldon tackle a mysterious building collapse which winds up putting Sheldon's life in jeopardy. Even though I knew he wouldn't die it was a thrill jus ...more
Travelling Cari
Sep 14, 2007 Travelling Cari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I read this book in one day after picking it up from the library yesterday. Nice fluff, typical of Stuart Kaminsky and the CSI: NY books. I liked Stella working with Sheldon, and couldn't shake the feeling that Connor reminded me of someone. Don't know what I thought about Devlin, amusing I think. Like how the author finally tied in some canon and corrected some of the errors from the earlier versions.
Mauri
Aug 13, 2009 Mauri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: csi, 52in2009
Awful. I have no idea why this one sucked so much, considering that the one before it was at least passable. Maybe it was the fact that Hawkes fell into a hole and was trapped and nobody really seemed to care beyond occasionally calling Stella to check in. Maybe it was because yet again, so many pages were dedicated to the perpetrators and their thought processes. I've said it many times, I'll say it again - Could. Not. Care. Less.
Tracy
Fast read with good pacing. Had a few quick moments throughout to highlight each character's personality/some key event from a character's past. Overall, pretty standard TV fiction. Lacked emotion from both the TV characters and original characters, but perhaps this is most true to the show? (I've only seen a few episodes here and there of CSI: NY.) It's probably good travel reading, but nothing for the hardcore literary. Wasn't a bad read, however.
Άρτεμις Γκαρμίρη
Ένα βιβλίο βασισμένο στην ομώνυμη σειρά! Διαβάζεται ευχάριστα! Στα θετικά ότι εκτυλίσσονται 2-3 διαφορετικές υποθέσεις καθώς επίσης και ότι μας δίνει περισσότερες πληροφορίες για τους θύτες και τα θύματα (σε σχέση με τη σειρά) και έτσι καταλαβαίνουμε καλύτερα την ψυχοσύνθεση τους και τον τρόπο που λειτουργούν!
Joshua Emil
Jan 02, 2012 Joshua Emil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The storyline is just the same as the TV series. There is some kind of problem here because in reality, crime scene detectives doesn't investigate the crime itself but provide information on scientific data.Since this is fiction, anything could happen.
Natalie
Jul 04, 2008 Natalie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I think I liked them better with the other author (Max Allen Collins?). Good plot but not as easy of a read - then again I was coming down with a cold and was exhausted.
James
James rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2015
Mandy Watts
Mandy Watts rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Cindy Brown
Cindy Brown rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2008
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Judith A. Bailey
Judith A. Bailey rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2015
Lotte_ladybird
Lotte_ladybird rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2011
Vandy
Vandy rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2011
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2010
Randy
Randy rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Athena Parthenos
Athena Parthenos rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • Heart Attack (CSI: Miami, Book 6) (Harm for the Holidays, Part II)
  • Body of Evidence (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #4)
  • Brass in Pocket (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #12)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
Received the Shamus Award, "The Eye" (Lifetime achievment award) in 2007.

Stuart M. Kaminsky is author of 50 published novels, 5 biographies, 4 textbooks and 35 short stories. He also has screenwriting credits on four produced films including ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, ENEMY TERRITORY, A WOMAN IN THE WIND and HIDDEN FEARS. He is a past president of the Mystery Writers of America and has been nomi
More about Stuart M. Kaminsky...

CSI: New York (4 books)
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)
  • Blood on the Sun (CSI: New York, #2)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)