Start by marking “Diablo: Demonsbane” as Want to Read:
Diablo: Demonsbane

Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo 0)

Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all creation. That struggle has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed....
What was to have been a victorious last stand against the demonic invasion of Entsteig has
Published October 31st 2000 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Diablo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diablo

Ryan Smith
2.5 stars. There are many corny lines and fantasy story cliches throughout, but there are also moments of surprising creativity and genuine drama. I feel like there was a great story here that was rushed along to fit a shorter e-book format. There were too many events that weren't given the time and (for lack of a better word) drama they deserved.

The character of Sarnakyle is a bright spot here, with a complex personality and entertaining demeanor and story.

From reading bits of his gaming colu
Tonari
May 19, 2013 Tonari rated it it was ok
Diablo: Demonsbane è il primo libro (risalente al 2000) derivato dall'universo del videogioco Diablo. L'ho trovato solo in formato elettronico quindi ho dei dubbi che esista cartaceo.

Che dire... come primo romanzo di Diablo mi aspettavo di meglio. Demonsbane è così breve da sembrare un racconto, cosa che non sarebbe nemmeno un male, se non fosse che la storia appare fin troppo condensata (quasi tagliata); il protagonista ha troppo l'aria da "predestinato", riuscendo a superare certi ostacoli in

Christopher Preiman
Fun, but little more.
Demon's Bane is not without a measure of creativity, and as I sead above is fun, in its way, but it lacks any sort of depth, either from the characters or the plot. I can forgive this though, because sometimes all you want is some action and atmosphere, and on those points Demon's Bane delivers, at least enough to keep me reading for the short time it took to finish.
Where Demon's Bane really falls flat is in its reliance on a final twist to give the story weight. I can't s
Eri
Nov 21, 2014 Eri rated it it was ok
Head I read this the year it was published, I would have been impressed. I learn English playing that game back when it was firstly available to me, and I loved it. Stories like this, just ripped of your most recent D&D adventure used to be what I love.

Yeah, have a hero, big sword, throw in some popular names (who doesn't like Tyrael, right), get us big bad demon to slay. Author tried, but it just didn't do. It felt immature, like a first draft. Unless somebody insists on having read everyt
Razvan Bucur
Sep 17, 2013 Razvan Bucur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first novel is the first novel of the Diablo series and was written by Robert B. Marks who started his professional writing career with this short immersion into Diablo's realm of darkness, terror and gore.
It's an easy reading and it's suitable for those who played Diablo for a little while and want to get to know the realm a little better. If you're a hardcore fan you will probably be disappointed by the style of writing.
Since it's the first novel of the series, the style it's very
Chris Fox
Jan 02, 2017 Chris Fox rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book, well to start I feel as though this was Robert Marks first novel it defiantly felt sloppy he tries to have some big M. Night Shyamalan type of revile but its plain as day from chapter One what has happened. I also don't know if he was ever in contact with anyone from the Diablo team or if Blizzard just didn't know at the time of his writing this, but he totally bombs on Tyrael's looks a blonde white dude lol. The only saving grace was the book had the decency to b ...more
Tyler Murphy
Very short but I can say I kinda liked it. However I wouldn't recommend to anyone. It started out with a Diablo feel to it. But it had it's times where I was wandering why it had certain parts and got extremely bored with it. A lot of it was also very very predictable. If you want a better book about Diablo I would recommend The Black Road. But if you were thinking about getting this to read I wouldn't. I'd either just borrow from a friend or try and find it online.
Cristian Morales Marroquin
Not bad at all! Ill read the whole series and play the games.

"Siggard slowly reached forward, placing his hands on the ancient leather of the hilt. As he touched it, the sword came to life, singing to him of glory and battle. It sang of armies of angels and demons, and battles at the gates of Heaven itself. And throughout the song there was a single name, a name that Siggard only had to say once, and the blade would serve him forever."
Sergiu
Sep 22, 2011 Sergiu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The book was too simple for Diablo's world and my imagination had to improvise a lot. Far too little details in descriptions and overall.

I appreciate the writer's work as this was the first Diablo novel.
Justin
Oct 14, 2013 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It is short but very interesting. I found myself hooked when I started. It mentions very little about the rest of the Diablo universe, but just enough to keep it interesting.
Podzy
Jan 17, 2014 Podzy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it was bad
Keri Honea
Entertaining novella with zero fluff in its exposition and dialogue. Short and to the point, unlike anything else in the Diablo universe.
Michal Huniewicz
Meh, simple story, simplistic characters, 2 stars because there's a little plot twist.
Justin Cales
Nov 29, 2013 Justin Cales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story, kept you interested throughout entire book and made you want to know more! The writer has a lot of skill in presenting the story. I loved it!
Ivanhoe
Well, this was a very interesting book, i really enjoyed the short story D:
Tiffany
Mar 12, 2012 Tiffany rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Predictable short story.
Chris
Feb 27, 2015 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful little novella set in my favourite universe of all.
Kelvarion
Kelvarion rated it liked it
May 27, 2013
Luggage
Luggage rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Edd
Edd rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Kim Helberg
Kim Helberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Stefan Ciobanasu
Stefan Ciobanasu rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2013
Adam Howe
Adam Howe rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Andrew P-G
Andrew P-G rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Cheree Martin
Cheree Martin rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Dreyden
Dreyden rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Andrew Black
Andrew Black rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Camilo Rodríguez Gaviria
Camilo Rodríguez Gaviria rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Ramram Kongsakon
Ramram Kongsakon rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2013
Seyi Oyekoya
Seyi Oyekoya rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Fable: Blood Ties
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
  • Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Darksiders: The Abomination Vault
  • Borderlands: Unconquered

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls