Start by marking “A Simple Act of Murder” as Want to Read:
A Simple Act of Murder

A Simple Act of Murder

On November 22, 1963, a murder was committed in Dallas, Texas. The victim happened to be the president of the United States. More than forty years later, the case remains unsolved.

Nearly 80 percent of the American people don't believe that John F. Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, and the House Assassinations Committee has found that the president was "assassinate

Published May 2nd 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Simple Act of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Simple Act of Murder

Stephanie
Mar 23, 2008 Stephanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
I hated it. I recall vividly hearing the discussions on Mort Sahl's late-night show with Mark Lane, after he wrote Rush to Judgment, and wondering if we'd EVER know the truth about this murder. And in my guilty-pleasure-true-crime reading, I'd read a couple of things by Fuhrman and thought maybe he'd dig up something to send me toward one or the other of the theories (CIA? Mafia? LBJ?)

but no. He just looks at the whole forensic file about the magic bullet and concludes that it was a lone gunman
Lori
Jun 18, 2009 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surely Mark Fuhrman knew that analyzing the JFK assasination would bring him a great deal of naysayers and boobirds. But he did just that, with "A Simple Act of Murder". Despite the massive volume of text previously written and the sheer number of pictures, reenactments, scientific studies, etc., Mr. Fuhrman's tome is a relatively slim 240 pages - - not nearly as awe inspiring or threatening as Gerald Posner's "Case Closed".
Fuhrman attacks the questions head on. First, was Lee Harvey Oswald inv
Marianne Jay
Being 6 years old the year JFK died I remember bits and pieces of that event. I remember them announcing that he died over the intercom in school and I also remember my dad jumping up and screaming OMG they shot him when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald

Through the years I have listened to the conspiracy theories and wondered if there was any validity to them - but Mark Furhman puts a lot of things into perspective. If Mark Furman was around in 1963 we would have had nary a whisper of conspiracy
Cindy
Jan 15, 2008 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kim, Joy, Shannon, Kathi, Nancy
Single gunman, conspiracy...will we ever know the truth? Mark Fuhrman writes over my head with bullet trajectory, but his skill as a detective is apparent once again. Whether you are convinced after reading, I will let you decide, but whatever you decide, we as a nation were never the same after this horrific event.
Gabriel
Jul 25, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was amazing! I don't know much about the assassination of the late president John F. Kennedy until i have read this book. Which gave me much information about the assassination which amuses so much. great work!
Jason Dikes
Feb 06, 2012 Jason Dikes rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
OJ DID IT!

haha just kidding.

Furhman disputes the Magic Bullet. However, that does mean he advocates two shooters. Furhman believes that first shot hit JFK in the back and exited his throat, the second shot hit Governor Connally and the third is the kill shot. Seems plausible.
Arlene
Oct 31, 2013 Arlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Mark Fuhrman's (Detective of OJ Simpson fame) account of the assassination of President Kennedy. He's basically of the opinion through research and evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
Rae
Aug 10, 2009 Rae rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nothing remarkable here. Fuhrman looks at the assassination evidence like a detective would and concludes that Oswald probably acted alone. Even he can't explain that "magic single bullet" though. And that's what really bugs me. The jury's still out in my mind.
Sharon
May 28, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I agree with Mark Fuhrman's assessment.
Amber Geronsin
Nov 14, 2013 Amber Geronsin rated it did not like it
It's ok if you believe Lee Harvey Oswald did it but I believe it was a conspiracy.
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Laura Schone
Laura Schone rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2010
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Anna Porter
Anna Porter rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2008
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2008
Adam Matkowsky
Adam Matkowsky rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Mike Krzanoeski
Mike Krzanoeski rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Dale
Dale rated it really liked it
May 19, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
May 03, 2009
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Ara
Ara rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2008
Tony
Tony rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2009
Tee Bylo
Tee Bylo rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Ira David
Ira David rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2013
Maryellen Winn
Maryellen Winn rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
William
William rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Jennifer Parke
Jennifer Parke rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Have Glove, Will Travel: Adventures of a Baseball Vagabond
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Raging Heart
  • O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • American Tragedy
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
  • Why Sinatra Matters
  • A Good Man: Rediscovering My Father, Sargent Shriver
  • Rat Pack Confidential: Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter, Joey and the Last Great Show Biz Party
  • Letting Swift River Go
  • Emma's Poem: The Voice of the Statue of Liberty
  • Senior Year: A Father, A Son, and High School Baseball
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • Eleanor
  • Watching Baseball, updated & revised: Discovering the Game within the Game
Former LAPD detective, true crime writer and talk radio host.

He is primarily known for his part in the investigation of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman and his subsequent felony conviction for perjury.
More about Mark Fuhrman...