A Life Revealed

A Life Revealed

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Tragedy can strike in a split second. But what if that tragedy brings with it both heartache and mystery? After her parents are killed, seventeen-year-old Chloe Jacobs discovers that she's been part of the Witness Security Program her entire life.
While enduring twenty-four hour protection from U.S. Marshals, Chloe secretly searches through her tangled family history... and...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Suzi Katz Books

To ask other readers questions about A Life Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Revealed

MissSusie
I do appreciate receiving this book through Goodreads giveaway. However I must give an honest review, so here it is.
I didn’t really enjoy this book. The premise sounded good but I don’t think it was carried off. It started out pretty good I didn’t really like the back and forth in time; I would have just rather heard the story from start to finish. Also by, page 98 I was sick of the whole love triangle between Chloe, Sebastian and Christopher. I just wanted to get on with the mystery.
I also was...more
Desiree Russell
Let me start by thanking goodreads and Suzi Katz for giving me the chance to read this book. I really stepped out of my comfort zone with this one, since I normally read fantasy books, but I have to say that I somewhat enjoyed this book. I did find the back and forth between the two points of view to be a little confusing in the beginning and by the end it really seemed over done and tedious. However the plot took a lot of turns that I didn't expect, and it kept me interested and wanting to know...more
Tonya
I just finished reading this and I couldnt put it down! I absolutly love this book..there are so many twists and turns it she really keeps you intersted right from the start..You really feel for the characters and know what they are going thru..I wish there was a part 2 because I didnt want the story to end!!
Katie
I’m a little on the fence about this one. While I definitely enjoyed the romantic and suspenseful aspects of it, I didn’t think it was as great as I had hoped it would be.

The major thing that I have to bring up is how condensed and summarized the majority of it is. A lot of it was unnecessary and wasn’t relevant to anything in the storyline, so the huge paragraphs that zipped through four or five days of Chloe’s life kind of got to be a bit frustrating after awhile.

The story focused more on Chlo...more
Lesly!
Fascinating! Suzi Kats narrates a perfect example of the butterfly effect; giving us the life story of Chloe Jacobs and the tragic car accident of her parents. However, Chloe finds out too many secretes her parents hide really well from her; including the real answer of the car accident that took away the life of her parents.

Chloe Jacobs has a normal life as any other teenager, with her plans to go to college and a life planned with her best friend Sebastian. Nevertheless, her parents die in a t...more
Sierra
First off, I want to thank the author and Goodreads for the chance to read this book. I won it a few months ago, but just now found the time to crack it open.
I liked A Life Revealed, but I didn't love it. The main reason I liked it was the premise. It's about a girl, named Chloe, who's parents are killed in a car accident (or so readers believe for the first few chapters). Later on, Chloe learns something shocking: her, and her family have been in the Witness Protection Program for nearly Chloe...more
Elle!
May 07, 2012 Elle! rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of melodrama
Shelves: melodrama
It could have been terrific, but it wasn't...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Life Revealed, is a combination of dizzying flashbacks and a girl whirling a traumatic experience of parents dying in a car crash. Suddenly she learns that the accident was planned. 17 year old Chloe Jacobs is being watched and under the care of the Witness Protection Program.

Sounds great at first, but it only goes downhill.....Oh it does.

Trust me......

Chloe/Caiden Jacobs falls into a unrealistic loving romance with the 24 year old man hired to...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

I really wanted to love this book. The premise was great.

Chloe and her best friend, Sebastian, are waiting for her parents to pick them up from a party. It is taking way too long, and then the police come and tell Chloe that her parents were in a terrible car accident and are both dead. Chloe goes to the hospital and is escorted home by someone claiming to be her Aunt Jill.

When she arrives at her house, it is being protected by U.S. Marshals, and sh...more
Julz
I read this book because my mom is friends with Suzi Katz, the author. Ms. Katz seems like a very nice woman; she often times sends my mother writing contests for me to enter and offers to help me with anything that I may need when it comes to my writing.
Her book, though, is not a great one.
I feel kind of guilty writing a bad review, but I want to be honest.
It was probably around a year ago that my mom got the book from Ms. Katz and told me that I should read it. I started it, but never finished...more
Cathy
When I first saw this book, I loved the idea of a girl in the witness protection program, trying to find out who she really is after her parents are tragically killed. As a child, she never knew that her entire family was actually in this program. She falls in love with one of the Marshalls that is protecting her, but she realizes that she can't be with him forever...or at least that's what she tells herself. The story just kept doing the same things over and over...she loves him, she hates him,...more
Lori
I too won this in the giveaway ~ added my name because I liked the premise of it. It was a quick read, not fantastic by any means and I too wanted more in the mystery end of it and not the love story. I was disappointed that there was not more about Jonah and what happened after everything with Joey. I will buy the next book as I realize the author is now writing a follow up to this one. Good thing because I did not like the way this one ended rather abruptly. I gave it 3 stars but it was more o...more
Sara
This was a very interesting book and is one that will keep you reading and wanting more when you’re done. This book is very true in its details and shocking in places about some of the things that can happen to people like Chloe. This book is defiantly unique and the first of its kind that I’ve read. Suzi Kats did a wonderful job with this book and I will defiantly be looking to read the sequel and any more of her works.
Jessica
Again the elusive 1/2 star is needed. I'll give this a 2 1/2 because the premise for the story was original. I wanted to really like this book but it ended up being mostly teenage romantic drama. The "mystery" at the end I almost saw coming as the heroine betrays her own intuition just because. That part was disappointing.
Buttercup1201
Jenna
WOW! What a great book. It pulled me in right away and I was hooked until the end. Couldn't put it down. I am hoping there is a sequel because I just love these characters!
Joanne
Jan 17, 2010 Joanne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Joanne by: A friend
I loved the book. It kept me captivated and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. Can't wait for the sequel.
Alicia
Jan 11, 2011 Alicia marked it as interested-in
Shelves: giveaway
The cover is intriguing.
Taylor
Taylor added it
Aug 17, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Mad24dog
Mad24dog marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amy K.
Amy K. marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kearra Maynard
Kearra Maynard marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Selena Castellanos
Selena Castellanos marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
  • Secrets to Die For (Detective Jackson Mystery, #2)
  • Last Door
  • To Kill an Armchair Husband: A Dark Comedy
  • Someone Else's Garden
  • Wrecker
  • A Circle of Souls
  • Imagine Life with a Well-Behaved Dog: A 3-Step Positive Dog-Training Program
  • The Girl in the Lighthouse (Arrington, #1)
  • The Character
  • Been Here a Thousand Years: A Novel
  • Wave of Terror
  • Outside the Ordinary World
  • Bright Blue Miracle
  • The Mark
  • The Awakening (Chrysalis #1)
  • Water Ghosts
  • In All Probability
  • Invisible Girl

As a working mother, volunteer and passionate youth advocate, Suzi Katz focuses her energy on teens and helping them build positive futures. Her commitment to young people drives her personal and professional lives, and her latest venture as an author is no exception. With the release of her debut novel A Life Revealed, Suzi Katz launches Suzi Katz Books, a publishing h...more
More about Suzi Katz...