Start by marking “Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

Infinite Possibilities is the masterwork from teacher, author, and featured speaker Mike Dooley. As the next step beyond his immensely popular Notes from the Universe trilogy, and his follow up, Choose them Wisely, this book contains even more enriching wisdom for living an abundant, joyous life.

Mike Dooley knows that we create our own reality, our own fate, and our own lu
Published September 8th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Infinite Possibilities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinite Possibilities

David McMenomy
Basically "The Secret" written by someone who sounds a little smarter.

My thought about these kinds of books, as of right now, is as follows:

There is the outer world that we all share (cosmos).

We also each have our inner world that we alone experience (consciousness), although we share that experience with other people by means of the outer world.

Visualization is a way of directing the inner world, and I am fairly certain that it has massive positive benefits in terms of one's outlook. But that's
May 06, 2011 Shantel rated it liked it
I think he could have said what he wanted to say in less pages. I found him repeating himself a lot.
As an open-minded person but one who does not practice religion or believe in any God I found there to be a fine line here
between the "power of the Universe" and religion/God. He does make reference a lot to "the creator" and so it was hard for me to get behind
this book 100%. However I do think that a positive outlook for anyone can do wonders so I kept with the book and gave it 3 stars.
Jun 19, 2012 Kellie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kellieshighjump
Wonderful book, but you must be ready for it.
Devika Koppikar
Jun 04, 2011 Devika Koppikar rated it liked it
The ideas in this book perked me up: thinking positive, using positive language, and walking in faith.
In other words, if you want positive things to happen to you, act in a positive manner.

But, some ideas in this book were outrageous, like when he says that if you are facing financial difficulties, spend money like you aren’t. Excuse me? Isn’t that what got us into our current Great Recession? Perhaps I should send this to Suze Ormond and have her give him a lecture!

When people start making stat
It's embarrassing that this has sat half read on my bedside table for more months than i care to admit. I think I can tell you why now, after having soldiered through 30 more pages: this book is so glaringly optimistic and rah rah rah, that it ends up making itself unreadable to those who are not in a rah rah rah place in life. I keep reading these 'you can change your life' books, liking the idea that its possible to haul yourself up via those bootstraps you forget you have. But i am an 'always ...more
This was originally produced as a serial publication, and it shows. It is redundant and lacking a unifying organization. It's heavy on snake oil and what I can only describe as secular abundance theology.

Having said all of that, I think he is mostly right. I agree with him. Thoughts do become things. I'm not sure if the universe is waiting to serve me the way Dooley claims, but I do think the power of consciousness is far beyond what we currently understand.
Dave Myers
Oct 16, 2012 Dave Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a pretty meaty read to say the least. Definitely one that should remain resting on the coffee table to revisit! MIke Dooley does a clear and concise approach to cultivating your goals, and manifesting your dreams into a reality. Many people today have given up on even approaching trying to have some part of their dream happen so im glad this book was written. I see art in everything so his writing style maintained a good flow.

Overall this is a positive good read. I suggest if you f
May 05, 2011 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! It is SO amazing how one's thoughts can transform their Life for the good or to the bad. Mike Dooley's personal story of how he visualized and thought his way to who he is today is a wonderful read. I would highly recommend to everyone, as it can be truly transforming if you practice what he explains and are committed to living your life to the fullest. Make all your thoughts Good ones : )
Aug 02, 2010 Rebekah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Okay, thoughts become actions and actions take you to your dreams, but getting through the first 25 pages of Dooley's psuedo religious beliefs seemed a great excuse to back out of everything I've invested my life in and become a pleasure seeker. Doesn't seem right. Couldn't finish half the book.
Georg Wanek
Apr 16, 2014 Georg Wanek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughts become things. It's all there. You have all the power, capabilities. You have choosen for everything. This book is so powerful, simple and obvious. A lot of trust is involved. Dealing with emotions, acting as if, visualizing things in a simple way.
Oct 29, 2012 Mikell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When everyone sees the world through the eyes of Mike Dooley, we will have reached Nirvana. He will guide you to discover and embrace your dreams. Fear will be replaced with faith and joy!

Living a joyful, asset based life will eliminate the need to fill the void with over eating, drugs, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions. They will no longer be on your radar screen.

We have been convinced, by people who want to sell us things we don't need, that our lives our lacking. If we rediscover o
Sarah Butland
Jun 13, 2015 Sarah Butland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life changing, thought altering, perfectly timed (because of course, thoughts become things) piece of literature.

Feeling lost? Like life is a struggle? Change your perspective and change the world simply by taking the time to read this book and be. Mike Dooley teaches his readers that it is, truly is, all that easy.

So get the book, read the book and be "selfish" to truly effect all of our lives.

Thanks for reading,

Sarah Butland
Marcha Fox
Jun 13, 2014 Marcha Fox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike numerous books that don't live up to their titles, this one does. Dooley explains the simple cosmic principle that our thoughts become things and how to use them to create the life of your dreams. I credit this book with providing me with the insights I needed to shift my life's direction. Its one of the best motivational books I've ever read.
Lindsay Godfree
Sep 19, 2016 Lindsay Godfree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very practical and easy to read book. It was key for me to be able to move forward in my life when I was immobile with depression and despair. Mike Dooley was a life saver! I recommend this book to anyone who wants to live their dream. It is the best and easiest explanation I have ever read of the thoughts and actions needed for success.
Jan 02, 2016 Janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great motivational text to start living the life of your dreams! Start within. Adjust your mind and your thinking. Dream big. Get rid of excuses and take responsibility. Don't wallow in the past. Get up and take action. And believe it will happen. And it will. I have seen it over and over again. A very simple, yet powerful message that everyone should read.
"Living the life of your dreams isn't just about dreaming; its about living. You have to put yourself out into the world so that the
Stella Wallace
This book was weird for me. I found myself questioning the author's motives throughout. Is he a scam artist? Is he being genuine? I don't know. A lot of it felt like repetitive wishful thinking. Not a lot of science or objective explanations.

That said, I found myself returning to it over and over again. I wanted to read it. I guess the philosophies in this Infinite Possibilities peaked my interest enough. I do believe we create our own realities, just not so much in the way Mike Dooley tries to
Rick Yvanovich
I'm not sure I would have bothered to finish this book if it wasn't an audio book. There are a few concepts which I struggle to accept, I guess I need to sleep on it a bit and read / listen o those sections again.
Anita Renaghan
Mar 25, 2014 Anita Renaghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of "The Secret" DVD and "Notes from the Universe" daily emails for a long time now, so I am fully aware of Mike Dooley and his topics of self improvement. That said, I LOVED this book. It is very forward thinking, and it has helped me find more joy in my life. I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to open their mind and improve their lives. Someone with a closed mind might find the topics difficult to practice, be even someone new to Dooley's thought process can find a ...more
Maya Ponce
Sep 28, 2015 Maya Ponce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Read it! Listen to it! You will be uplifted. I am constantly quoting this book and referring back to it.
A Martin
May 24, 2015 A Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this audio book.......when the student is ready the teacher Will show up.
Emily Thayer
A very powerful and inspirational book!! Loved it and I'm so excited to read more books by him!! Like some have mentioned in other reviews, he is a bit repetitive. However, in my opinion, he writes this way because he is trying to drive home the points he's making. Isn't it true, as humans, that we need to hear things over and over again in order to believe what's possible?? If I could recommend even just one part of this book (although I loved all of it) the part in Chapter 2 entitled: "The Tru ...more
Jan 24, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is just the type of book I like to read (or listen to!) to motivate me, to keep me living a life with a positive outlook, to reach for new adventures and opportunities. I loved it.
Love Mike Dooley. He makes everything sound so simple to do. Be positive. Believe it's possible and it will be.
Nanci Robertson
Apr 21, 2011 Nanci Robertson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED Infinite Possibilities! Listening to this audio book, narrated enthusiastically by author, Mike Dooley, made me feel like I was attending a motivational seminar. Lots of good information about visualization and aligning your beliefs with your goals. Mike Dooley was featured on "The Secret" movie, and his work is much like Abraham-Hicks. I listened to the whole book once, then went back and re-listened to the first half (my favorite part) twice more. Highly recommend it!
Alexandra Lander
Mike Dooley's books are always loaded with spiritual tools on how to use the simple premise of "thoughts become things" to manifest spiritual, emotional, physical and prosperity goals in life. These principles cannot simply be read and put back on the shelf, however; they must be continually honed and polished and sharpened on a daily basis until they start to flow naturally. Thanks, Mike, for lending us this amazing stuff.
Mpetrello Petrello
One of the authors featured in the film the Secret, which I enjoyed, Dooley makes some pretty intense claims about what we can do with our lives. His ideas are sure to inspire but also awaken the cynic in some of us. Nevertheless, I am intrigued and working on being open minded in hopes that he is correct. We can think our way to the lives we want . We certainly have nothing to lose by trying ... .
Just found this in a stack of books. Cannot remember how I came about it--gift, recommendation, or random purchase. Not familiar with author at all. Wish I could remember--it very well may have been a gift from my dad who has since passed away but was always so encouraging. Just found a Louise Hay affirmation card in it, so I started it at some point. It's been a very long several years.
I liked this book because it made think differently about work and life in general. It's not practical for everyone, but I think there is a lot to be gained from the content of this book.

I recommended it to my husband and to my boss. They both liked it and gained enough information from it to consider it worth reading.
Jun 08, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you can get through the very quirky first chapter, it's smooth sailing from then on. Mike's passion for life is contagious and his words have inspired me to live a dream life and be excited about it, knowing that it is truly possible. I listened to the audio book from Audible. com and would consider buying the paper copy.
Apr 04, 2013 Dorena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read The Secret before and this book gives a deeper understanding to the concept. It was repetitive as some readers stated, maybe he felt people really needed to understand the underlining meaning. I enjoyed the book and will use the techniques it offered. Why not? What else do I have to loose?
  • The First Drop of Rain
  • Beyond Blue: Surviving  Depression & Anxiety and Making the Most of Bad Genes
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • 33 Million People in the Room: How to Create, Influence, and Run a Successful Business with Social Networking
  • Angels 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Angels
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
  • You Can Make Your Life Beautiful
  • Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power: Everything You Need to Know about the Law of Attraction
  • Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing: 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness
  • Fractal Time: The Secret of 2012 and a New World Age
  • Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • از دولت عشق
  • Lies, Damned Lies, and Science: How to Sort through the Noise Around Global Warming, the Latest Health Claims, and Other Scientific Controversies
  • Walking in This World
Mike Dooley is a former PriceWaterhouseCoopers international tax consultant, turned entrepreneur, who's founded a philosophical Adventurers Club on the Internet that's now home to over 350,000 members from over 189 countries. His inspirational books have been published in 23 languages and he was one of the featured teachers in the international phenomenon, The Secret. Today Mike is perhaps best kn ...more
More about Mike Dooley...

“Thoughts become things.” 5 likes
“You see, whenever something unexpected or unthought of falls onto our path, it’s always a stepping stone in a journey to a “place” that we have been thinking about, because in time and space, as you well know, there are no accidents” 0 likes