Start by marking “Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  616 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Infinite Possibilities is the masterwork from teacher, author, and featured speaker Mike Dooley. As the next step beyond his immensely popular Notes from the Universe trilogy, and his follow up, Choose them Wisely, this book contains even more enriching wisdom for living an abundant, joyous life.
Mike Dooley knows that we create our own reality, our own fate, and our own lu
Published September 8th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Infinite Possibilities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinite Possibilities

David McMenomy
Basically "The Secret" written by someone who sounds a little smarter.

My thought about these kinds of books, as of right now, is as follows:

There is the outer world that we all share (cosmos).

We also each have our inner world that we alone experience (consciousness), although we share that experience with other people by means of the outer world.

Visualization is a way of directing the inner world, and I am fairly certain that it has massive positive benefits in terms of one's outlook. But that's
Shantel
I think he could have said what he wanted to say in less pages. I found him repeating himself a lot.
As an open-minded person but one who does not practice religion or believe in any God I found there to be a fine line here
between the "power of the Universe" and religion/God. He does make reference a lot to "the creator" and so it was hard for me to get behind
this book 100%. However I do think that a positive outlook for anyone can do wonders so I kept with the book and gave it 3 stars.
Nicole Vermolen
Is it me or is it the book? Can't seem to get through it. Probably because I don't feel it is written "for me". Has anybody read this? Could you give me some feedback? Thanks a million! Happy Holidays!

I ended up downloading the ebook. Listened to Mike Dooley for 5 hours and than gave up. I believe the book can be a true blessing for someone that has been turning around in circles and can not get out of a stuck system. My urge was to explain his "theories" to friends and family that "seem to have
Todd
This was originally produced as a serial publication, and it shows. It is redundant and lacking a unifying organization. It's heavy on snake oil and what I can only describe as secular abundance theology.

Having said all of that, I think he is mostly right. I agree with him. Thoughts do become things. I'm not sure if the universe is waiting to serve me the way Dooley claims, but I do think the power of consciousness is far beyond what we currently understand.
Brenda
Loved this book!! It is SO amazing how one's thoughts can transform their Life for the good or to the bad. Mike Dooley's personal story of how he visualized and thought his way to who he is today is a wonderful read. I would highly recommend to everyone, as it can be truly transforming if you practice what he explains and are committed to living your life to the fullest. Make all your thoughts Good ones : )
Rebekah
Okay, thoughts become actions and actions take you to your dreams, but getting through the first 25 pages of Dooley's psuedo religious beliefs seemed a great excuse to back out of everything I've invested my life in and become a pleasure seeker. Doesn't seem right. Couldn't finish half the book.
Georg Wanek
Thoughts become things. It's all there. You have all the power, capabilities. You have choosen for everything. This book is so powerful, simple and obvious. A lot of trust is involved. Dealing with emotions, acting as if, visualizing things in a simple way.
Kellie
Wonderful book, but you must be ready for it.
Devika Koppikar
The ideas in this book perked me up: thinking positive, using positive language, and walking in faith.
In other words, if you want positive things to happen to you, act in a positive manner.

But, some ideas in this book were outrageous, like when he says that if you are facing financial difficulties, spend money like you aren’t. Excuse me? Isn’t that what got us into our current Great Recession? Perhaps I should send this to Suze Ormond and have her give him a lecture!

When people start making stat
Mikell
When everyone sees the world through the eyes of Mike Dooley, we will have reached Nirvana. He will guide you to discover and embrace your dreams. Fear will be replaced with faith and joy!

Living a joyful, asset based life will eliminate the need to fill the void with over eating, drugs, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions. They will no longer be on your radar screen.

We have been convinced, by people who want to sell us things we don't need, that our lives our lacking. If we rediscover o
Marcha Fox
Unlike numerous books that don't live up to their titles, this one does. Dooley explains the simple cosmic principle that our thoughts become things and how to use them to create the life of your dreams. I credit this book with providing me with the insights I needed to shift my life's direction. Its one of the best motivational books I've ever read.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
It's embarrassing that this has sat half read on my bedside table for more months than i care to admit. I think I can tell you why now, after having soldiered through 30 more pages: this book is so glaringly optimistic and rah rah rah, that it ends up making itself unreadable to those who are not in a rah rah rah place in life. I keep reading these 'you can change your life' books, liking the idea that its possible to haul yourself up via those bootstraps you forget you have. But i am an 'always ...more
Eddie
This book was written by the man who is known for saying that thoughts become things, the same person who is famous for his daily NOTES FROM THE UNIVERSE. Well, I must say that I love all his books, but this one in particular has spoken to my heart and helped me realize my true potential. As a result of reading this book I have expanded my personal vision and have attracted lots of success in all areas of my life, including the financial department. I highly recommend this book. Review written a ...more
Anita Renaghan
I have been a fan of "The Secret" DVD and "Notes from the Universe" daily emails for a long time now, so I am fully aware of Mike Dooley and his topics of self improvement. That said, I LOVED this book. It is very forward thinking, and it has helped me find more joy in my life. I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to open their mind and improve their lives. Someone with a closed mind might find the topics difficult to practice, be even someone new to Dooley's thought process can find a ...more
Dave Myers
This book is a pretty meaty read to say the least. Definitely one that should remain resting on the coffee table to revisit! MIke Dooley does a clear and concise approach to cultivating your goals, and manifesting your dreams into a reality. Many people today have given up on even approaching trying to have some part of their dream happen so im glad this book was written. I see art in everything so his writing style maintained a good flow.

Overall this is a positive good read. I suggest if you f
Emily Thayer
A very powerful and inspirational book!! Loved it and I'm so excited to read more books by him!! Like some have mentioned in other reviews, he is a bit repetitive. However, in my opinion, he writes this way because he is trying to drive home the points he's making. Isn't it true, as humans, that we need to hear things over and over again in order to believe what's possible?? If I could recommend even just one part of this book (although I loved all of it) the part in Chapter 2 entitled: "The Tru ...more
Pamela
This is just the type of book I like to read (or listen to!) to motivate me, to keep me living a life with a positive outlook, to reach for new adventures and opportunities. I loved it.
Nanci Robertson
I LOVED Infinite Possibilities! Listening to this audio book, narrated enthusiastically by author, Mike Dooley, made me feel like I was attending a motivational seminar. Lots of good information about visualization and aligning your beliefs with your goals. Mike Dooley was featured on "The Secret" movie, and his work is much like Abraham-Hicks. I listened to the whole book once, then went back and re-listened to the first half (my favorite part) twice more. Highly recommend it!
Alexandra Lander
Mike Dooley's books are always loaded with spiritual tools on how to use the simple premise of "thoughts become things" to manifest spiritual, emotional, physical and prosperity goals in life. These principles cannot simply be read and put back on the shelf, however; they must be continually honed and polished and sharpened on a daily basis until they start to flow naturally. Thanks, Mike, for lending us this amazing stuff.
Mpetrello Petrello
One of the authors featured in the film the Secret, which I enjoyed, Dooley makes some pretty intense claims about what we can do with our lives. His ideas are sure to inspire but also awaken the cynic in some of us. Nevertheless, I am intrigued and working on being open minded in hopes that he is correct. We can think our way to the lives we want . We certainly have nothing to lose by trying ... .
Anna
Just found this in a stack of books. Cannot remember how I came about it--gift, recommendation, or random purchase. Not familiar with author at all. Wish I could remember--it very well may have been a gift from my dad who has since passed away but was always so encouraging. Just found a Louise Hay affirmation card in it, so I started it at some point. It's been a very long several years.
Patricia
I liked this book because it made think differently about work and life in general. It's not practical for everyone, but I think there is a lot to be gained from the content of this book.

I recommended it to my husband and to my boss. They both liked it and gained enough information from it to consider it worth reading.
Kay
If you can get through the very quirky first chapter, it's smooth sailing from then on. Mike's passion for life is contagious and his words have inspired me to live a dream life and be excited about it, knowing that it is truly possible. I listened to the audio book from Audible. com and would consider buying the paper copy.
Dorena
I had read The Secret before and this book gives a deeper understanding to the concept. It was repetitive as some readers stated, maybe he felt people really needed to understand the underlining meaning. I enjoyed the book and will use the techniques it offered. Why not? What else do I have to loose?
Sharon R.
i read Leveraging the Universe, Seven Steps to Engaging Life's Magic first. I really enjoyed his light, practical approach to spirituality, so I was excited to go deeper with this book, but I was disappointed. I struggled to force myself to finish it, and found it repetitive, and tedious.
Kris
I've followed Mike Dooley for a few years and read this book a couple of times. I would like to read more of his books. Much of what he says resonates with me on an intuitive level, and yet.... I sometimes find myself wondering whether he is possibly completely insane, or even a great hoaxer.
Pam Allen
My opinion – it is a “must read”, a “comfortable read”, an in “clear terms read”, a perfect book
as we navigate in so many ways towards a destination that is uniquely our own.

Please! Do yourself a huge favor – buy this book or borrow this book, just read this book.
Tammiw
I agree with other reviewers that the content was rather repetitive, but I enjoyed it. The concepts made sense to me and it was really up lifting. It is a challenging way to think, but it sure would be a different world if more of us tried to think this way.
Lisa P.
Inspirational, thought provoking, calming and soothing all in one. I listened to this 9 disc audio book while driving or relaxing. It helped me focus on what is important and brush up on intention, thoughts become things and attracting what I want in life.
Lynnette
In the same vein as the Marianne Williamson books, and others.. this book is a serious must read for those looking for a little guidance, direction or just a pick me up in these times of difficulty.. I plan on reading this one at least twice more.
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • Discover the Power Within You
  • When Everything Changes, Change Everything: In a Time of Turmoil, A Pathway to Peace
  • Angels 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Angels
  • Beyond Blue: Surviving  Depression & Anxiety and Making the Most of Bad Genes
  • Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power: Everything You Need to Know About the Law of Attraction
  • از دولت عشق
  • The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
  • Game of Life and How to Play It
  • Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • 33 Million People in the Room: How to Create, Influence, and Run a Successful Business with Social Networking
  • You Can Make Your Life Beautiful
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want. James Arthur Ray with Linda Sivertsen
  • The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits
Mike Dooley is a former PriceWaterhouseCoopers international tax consultant, turned entrepreneur, who's founded a philosophical Adventurers Club on the Internet that's now home to over 350,000 members from over 189 countries. His inspirational books have been published in 23 languages and he was one of the featured teachers in the international phenomenon, The Secret. Today Mike is perhaps best kn ...more
More about Mike Dooley...
Notes from the Universe: New Perspectives from an Old Friend Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things! More Notes From the Universe Leveraging the Universe and Engaging the Magic

“Thoughts become things.” 3 likes