Start by marking “Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"The true test of a warrior is not without...it is within."
Sins of the past collide with hopes for the future as Martok fights for the right to lead the Klingon Empire. With the secret of his usurper exposed, the ousted chancellor and his ragtag band of followers embark on a desperate plan to retake the empire.
But while Worf, Ezri Dax, and the crew of the IKS Rotarran
Published April 23rd 2003 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Deep Space Nine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Deep Space Nine

William Galaini
Disclaimer #1: Star Trek… exists in its own continuum of quality. Some might say a particular work of Star Trek might be ‘poor’ by most standards yet ‘good’ by the standards of Star Trek. The opposite can be said as well, in that the new Star Trek reboot films are ‘good’ by most standards and yet poor by Star Trek standards.

Disclaimer #2: I have met one of these authors personally, and I delighted in their company. I have reviewed authors I know previously, and I do my best to be honest.

Deep Spa
Dan
When these novels first came out, I remember being a little wary. At this point in the Deep Space Nine relaunch, I was eager to get back to what was going on on the station, with the parasites from TNG's "Conspiracy" making a dramatic return and the crew of the Defiant returning to the Alpha Quadrant with Jake and Kai Opaka. I felt that taking a break from that and going back in time for a Klingon story would be a mistake. However, when I saw that it was J.G. Hertzler who co-wrote the novels, I ...more
Kathy
The Left Hand of Destiny Book Two by JG Hertzler and Jeffrey Lang was a bit of let down in my eyes. It was a good book but was lacking a bit.

The Left Hand of Destiny Book One was amazing. I liked it a lot and had high hopes for book two. My hopes may have been too high.

Book Two was started from the viewpoint of Ezri Dax who came to answer the call of help from the House of Martok. The General started to gather the troops so he could attack Gothmara and the usurper. In a planning meeting, Kahless
Angela
The continuing saga of the Klingon Empire concludes. Martok, Worf and Ezri have to somehow overthrow the new Klingon ruler with a lot smaller army than their foes. If you like big battles, then this is the book for you. There's some nice bits about what actually makes a Klingon and why? Some really nice character development too. The only reason this has 3 stars is that the first book was better. A good read.
Derek Oberg
This series ended up pretty good. I remember an interview with Robert O'Riley (Gowron) saying that the girls who played the Duras Sisters were all excited that they got a part in the first TNG movie Generations. His response to them was "That sucks, I'm sorry." They didn't understand until he said "Kingons die well." And indeed they do.

You know that Martok himself and Worf are gonna be safe, but everyone else is up for the slaughter. And most all of them die. I REALLY didn't like the Lady Sirell
David Agranoff
I thought this second half of this book was stronger than the first. This very Klingon epic is a fitting tale of how Martok earns his role as the Klingon leader. The scene on the cover was perfectly staged. Bravo. Also the mystery of what happens to kahless leaves open more story... Hmmm.
Jaye
I said the first Book of this was a real downer, but the story intrigued me enough to make me stick through the end. It's light fare, compared to the Culture books I've been reading of late, but the story was good, and I've always enjoyed Klingon stories.
Lee Berger
Loved the two book series. Great exploration of the Klingon culture as it is tested following the Dominion War.
Annette
Mikael Kuoppala
A damn fine rollercoaster ride through Klingon culture. Truly captivating and wise.
Roger
A little long, but more exciting than many other Star Trek books.
Benjamin Plume
Fills in some holes in ST lore with a great story.
Nichelle
Still a favorite, no matter how many times I read it.
Michael
Great conclusion to this Klingon tale!
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Kat
Kat added it
Mar 20, 2015
Jennie Lanz
Jennie Lanz marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ian Wick
Ian Wick marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
  • Unity (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • The Dominion and Ferenginar (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3)
  • Lesser Evil (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 4)
  • This Gray Spirit (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 2)
  • The Lives of Dax
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Fearful Symmetry (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #66)
  • A Stitch in Time
  • Demons of Air and Darkness
  • The Heart of the Warrior (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #17)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Day of the Vipers (Star Trek Terok Nor Book 1)
  • What Lay Beyond (Star Trek: Gateways, #7)
John Garman "J. G." Hertzler is an American actor, well known in the Star Trek community for his role on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (DS9) as the Klingon General (and later Chancellor) Martok. He is presently a Resident Professional Teaching Associate at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
More about J.G. Hertzler...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny (2 books)
The Left Hand of Destiny: Book One (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)