Book Two of the Travelers

Book Two of the Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  3,011 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Before Bobby Pendragon.
Before Saint Dane.
Before the war . . .

Every territory of Halla has a Traveler. They lived for years—some even for decades—before learning of their true destiny. What was life like for Bobby Pendragon's fellow Travelers before they joined him in the fight to save every time and place that has ever existed? What led up to their bec...more
Published February 24th 2009 by Aladdin

Purpledolphin789
The second book in the trilogy of prequels to the Pendragon series proves to be even better than the first! This book follows the stories of Aja Killian from Veelox, Elli Winter from Quillan, and Alder from Denduron.
When a strange program attacks the core of Lifelight in Rubic City, Aja is blaimed. However, she knows she is innocent and also knows the person who designed the program. The only way to clear her reputation is to play the boy's game...and to win. Will Aja succeed or will she be thro...more
Tim Comstock
amazing! about aja killians experiance in fighting a computer program, elli winters quest to save the world from blok INC., and alders jourany to become a bedoowan knight
Kelvin
Aja's story was great. I loved the logic puzzle. Admittedly, I felt like not actually explaining it was a bit of a cop out, but it's just a short story and it was still very entertaining. Honestly it just feels good to start reading again.

Elli's story was okay. Never really had that much of a strong connection to her anyway so I wasn't ENTHRALLED, but it was interesting.

I liked Alder's story the best, I think. It was the most endearing and relatable.

I must admit that I find the writing pretty la...more
Elizabeth Zundel
I really liked this book. Aja Killian is one of my favorite travelers and I loved her story. I never really got a lot of Elli and her story besides that she was Nevva's mother. It was great to get some background on her. I always liked Alder. His beginning was different than I would have imagined it, but it fit him. The writer seemed to understand the characters and it felt like a DJ MacHale book rather than an "inspired by" book.
Steven
This was definitely another title within the Pendragon Before The War books that I didn't want to end. I had so much fun with this and the first title. These books are full of action and adventure and some fantastic characters that I look forward to running into in the Pendragon series. I highly recommend these titles to both kids and adults. Everybody will enjoy these tales for sure.
Joshua
I've currently read Alder's story. next, I'm to read the backstory for Aja Killian, the traveller from Veelox. afterwards, I'll move over too book 1 of the Travellers since I'm on book 6 of Pendragon. if I read Elli Winter's story, it would be a spoiler.
 Marla
2nd book in the prequel trilogy to give background stories about the Travelers in the Bobby Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale.

Travelers: Book Two is about Aja Killian and Lifelight on Veelox , Elli Winters on Quillan and Alder on Denduron.
Brittney
A lot better then the first of the prequels. I enjoyed it a lot more and felt like I learned a lot of interesting facts about Aja, elli, and alder and what lead them into becoming travelers.
Alex
I enjoyed reading this book, because I learned a lot from the situations and conflicts that occurred in this novel. This book captivated my interest because it was a solid read.
Mallory
Improvement story wise from the last one. I liked all three of these stories, but once again they all seemed out of character. Aja was nice. What's up with that?
Josh
i can't wait until the third one of these are coming out. i definitly can't wait until the last pendragon book is coming out in may
Valerie
It's really nice to read about the pre-Travelers lives and learn about in what ways they stood out from the others in their world.
Roshni
Ok book, but the prequels are pretty unnecessary
John
I liked Alder's story the best.
PWRL
Oct 26, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Rohan
Rohan marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Lewstherin14
Lewstherin14 marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Stephany
Stephany marked it as to-read
Dustin
Dustin marked it as to-read
Idalia
Idalia marked it as to-read
Gavin Mckeever
Gavin Mckeever marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
  • The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10)
  • The Ranger's Apprentice Collection Books 1-3 Box Set (The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • Eragon & Eldest (Inheritance, #1-2)
  • Gregor the Overlander Box Set (Underland Chronicles, #1-4)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • Charlie Bone and the Beast (The Children of the Red King, #6)
  • Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #1-3)
  • The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath (Inkworld, #1-3)
Fake ID (Hunted, #1) The Travelers: Book Three (Pendragon: Before the War) Static (Flight 29 Down, #1) First Shot Club Dread (Hunted, #2)

“Even at the end of the road, read the first sentence, there is a road. Even at the end of the road, a new road stretches out, endless and open, a road that may lead anywhere. To him who will find it, there is always a road.” 20 likes
“If you work hard doing the wrong job, is it really work? Or is it some kind of fakery?” 17 likes