Start by marking “Jim Cramer's Getting Back to Even” as Want to Read:
Jim Cramer's Getting Back to Even

Jim Cramer's Getting Back to Even

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  271 ratings  ·  19 reviews
• Bestselling author and financial expert: Jim Cramer is the author of several bestselling books of financial advice, including Jim Cramer’s Real Money , which was on the New York Times , the Wall Street Journal , and the BusinessWeek bestseller lists and USA TODAY ’s Top 100 list. Hundreds of thousands of people watch his television program a ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jim Cramer's Getting Back to Even, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jim Cramer's Getting Back to Even

Ron II
The very title of this book should raise red flags, because it should be obvious the whole point of investing IS NOT to break even, but to get ahead. Numerous academic studies have dis-proved Cramer's thesis that individual investors should attempt to pick a portfolio of stocks and ride them to the moon. Not only do most of these folks end up riding their stock picks to the basement, but so do Wall Street's professional stock pickers, who on average, don't beat low cost index funds and ETFs.

Aft
Barbara Maponga-chirombe
Before, I read this book I had little knowledge about investing. This book taught me about stocks, mutual funds, dividends, etc. I have done more research on money... I can safely say i am now well invested into this complex financial world. And more importantly have diverse portfolio. Thanks Jimmy!!
Johnny Graber
You either like Jim Cramer or you don’t. I found many of his tips useful – especially the “do your homework”. You will not find a simple way to get rich but a lot of background knowledge that helps you understand the stock market.
Larry
I read this book to see what I can do to help me with retirement (401K planning). Cramer's main message, don't buy and forget about your investments, retirement funds and non-retirement funds. Be active, do research on the companies, mutual funds you choose. Make changes when necessary. It's OK to sell and buy another investment. Think long term and do not worry about all of those short term problems in the economy. He has a realy good chapter on dividend paying stocks, I will be reviewing this ...more
Israel
Bought mostly for the chp. On Options but found other parts to be valuable either b/c they were new or reminded me of things I already new.
One thing to be aware of is that the stocks recommended here should not be blindly bought even if you like and trust Cramer.
Good thing is that he says that himself; do your own homework and if buying something doesn't feel right then DON'T.

That being said...I do recommend this book!
Joe Rapisarda
Loved it! I enjoyed Jim Cramer's point of view, which swims against the tide of conforming wisdom of investing. Cramer is a bit more of a trader than me. I'm more of a long term investor, but after a decade of subpar results from the S&P 500, I am learning how to adapt to this up and down market to make a profit from these swings. I definitely recommend this book.
Christine
definitely not a boring book about stock market.
GET BACK!
great if you're really willing to spend time and money betting and working the stock market. also great if you like Cramer and are willing to pick out the things he says that you like, cuz not everything he says is for everybody.
L.C. Fiore
He took a risk by committing certain predictions to print back in 2009. I wonder if he'd write the same book now with the benefit of hindsight? Still, his perspective is a good one to add to the personal investing arsenal.
Karen
If you can get past Jim's crazy TV persona he is actually has a lot of good advice for those wanting to manage their own stock portfolio. I learned a lot and it gave me confidence that I am on the right track.
David
This is second Cramer book (1st was Confession of ...). Picking this up to start thinking about becoming more of an active investor. Great insights. Practical advices. I may even follow some of them.
Glasspixie Pixie
Well see...I kinda hate his show. It's way too manic for me. My Dad gave this to me for my birthday so I'm going give it a chance.
Leslie
Lots of useful tips and stock recommendations. It is written the way Jim Cramer speaks on his television show. .
Michael Cloin
Introduced me to the concept of deep in the money calls. Great addition to an investing foundation.
Michael
Nothing new here. A couple good points were made.
Kris
Don't listen to your fund manager... get the facts!
Danny
The best book Jim has written since real money!
Michael
Not as terrible as I expected it to be.
Emily
Myer
Myer marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Raed
Raed is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Adam
Adam added it
Jan 06, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
  • Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
  • The Motley Fool Investment Guide: How The Fool Beats Wall Street's Wise Men And How You Can Too
  • When Markets Collide: Investment Strategies for the Age of Global Economic Change
  • The Intelligent Asset Allocator: How to Build Your Portfolio
  • A Demon of Our Own Design: Markets, Hedge Funds, and the Perils of Financial Innovation
  • Stock Investing for Dummies
  • Pit Bull: Lessons from Wall Street's Champion Day Trader
  • Gotcha Capitalism: How Hidden Fees Rip You Off Every Day-and What You Can Do About It
  • The Leader's Way: Business, Buddhism And Happiness In An Interconnected World
  • What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Dilemmas
  • Stocks for the Long Run
  • Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy: The Secret World of Corporate Espionage
  • Red Capitalism: The Fragile Financial Foundation of China's Extraordinary Rise
  • The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America
  • How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times or Bad
  • The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing (RevisedEdition)
  • Investing For Dummies
  • Trump: How to Get Rich
James J. "Jim" Cramer is an American television personality, a former hedge fund manager, and a best-selling author. Cramer is the host of CNBC's Mad Money and a co-founder and chairman of TheStreet.com, Inc.
More about James J. Cramer...
Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane Investing in an Insane World Confessions of a Street Addict Jim Cramer's Mad Money: Watch TV, Get Rich Jim Cramer's Stay Mad for Life: Get Rich, Stay Rich (Make Your Kids Even Richer) Jim Cramer's Get Rich Carefully