Start by marking “Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3) (Harlequin Blaze #384)” as Want to Read:
Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3) (Harlequin Blaze #384)

Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3) (SEAL #3)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  353 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Assistant District Attorney Ava Turkowski knows about leading a dangerous life--her father was a risk taker who died in the line of duty and her beloved brother is taking just as many chances. Now a high-profile case has landed Ava herself in the crosshairs--and the only man standing between her and certain death is the one she can't forget.

Justin Brandt was Ava's brother'
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3)

Carrie
35 cents at ubs.

3.5* Grade B-

I realized as I started reading this that I'd read one of the earlier books in this trilogy and enjoyed it. For the small size, Tyler does a good job of packing in a very tense and exciting suspense plot. Of course this is a Blaze, so you expect the over-the-top sexual attraction and descriptions of tingling body parts. That's okay because you know what you're getting when you pick up one of these titles.

This book was better than average and I enjoyed almost the enti
4 1/2 stars
Navy SEAL Justin Brandt gets a call from his best friend, Turk, to check on Turk's sister, Ava, because she's in trouble. Justin has always watched out for Ava even when she didn't know it.
Justin broke Ava's heart nine years ago when he left her. She's never trusted another man since. When he shows up at her door when she's is trouble, there is no one other than her own brother she would trust to help her.

I breezed through this book. The chemistry between Justin and Ava is steamy...t
ツ Renée
Mar 12, 2012 ツ Renée rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
I didn't like Ava until the end of the book. She was too selfish and unsupportive. And though emotion doesn't often allow for logic, I thought she should have pulled her head out of her ass a lot sooner. Justin was awesome. He is everything you want in a man. Loyal, caring, sexy, intelligent, hard-working, and protective. The secondary romance with Leo and Callie was sweet. It was also nice catching up with Hunt and Cash. I hope Rev and Hollywood get their stories.
Natalie Jones
Its true that sex sells because I doubt anybody bought this book for the quality of the writing. As it happens I did not buy this book, it came into my possession by winning it as a prize at a 21st birthday party. As the book went on it did get better as it was not till towards the end that I found myself liking the central character 'Ava' and found myself getting rapt in the relationship. The ending I found a bit too abrupt. One thing I did like was the insight it gave into the lives of militar ...more
May Mostly Romance
Beyond his control ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร

หนังสือเลมทีสามในชุดเกียวกับทหารหนวยนาวีซีล ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร เลาเรืองราวของจัสติน แบรนท คนทีไมไดอานเลมกอนหนาในชุดกไมตองกังวลนะคะ แมกซรับรองวาอานเรืองนีไดรูเรืองแนนอน เพราะเราเองซึงยังไมไดอานเลมแรกในชุดดวยซำ กไมมีปัญหาอะไร

ฉากเปิดของหนังสือเลมนีทำใหแมกซหวนนึกถึงหนังสืออีกเลมทีแมกซชอบมาก ๆ เรือง Pearl Cove เพราะมีพลอตทีคลายคลึงกัน นันกคือ จัสตินทีกำลังพักผอนกับสาวสวยทีเขาเพิงหิวมาจากบารหลังจากกลับจากภารกิจในอัฟกานิสถานไดรับโทรศัพทจากเพือนรัก ลีโอ ซึงเปนตำรวจปราบ
Natasja
Apr 08, 2010 Natasja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Justin Brant, a highly trained Navy Seal gets a call from his friend Leo Turkowski with a request. Leo is working undercover to get more information to put the O’Rourke’s behind bars. But somehow his younger sister Ava is involved in this case and Justin has to get her out of town fast. Justin cannot refuse this request and is heading to Ava, even though their history together.

Ava Turkowski is working on an abusive case of Susan Mercer, who seems to be connected to the O’Rourke’s family. Ava has
Virginia
Aug 31, 2012 Virginia rated it did not like it
Synopsis - Assistant District Attorney Ava Turkowski has dedicated her life to helping abused women, both at work and off the clock. Of course, the men who abuse their wives don't always limit their malfeasance to battery, and her most recent case is tangled up with a family of drug traffickers. Her brother Leo is a DEA agent whose cover is blown when Ava is targeted for helping the abused wife disappear. Leo calls his best friend (and Ava's high school crush) Justin Brandt, a Navy SEAL, to get ...more
Romancing the Book
Review by Jen:
Ava and Justin were in love as teenagers, but forces beyond their control tore them apart. Years later, Justin is a Navy SEAL and Ava is an Assistant District Attorney. Ava’s current case has put her life in danger and her brother has called in a favor with Justin to protect Ava’s life. As they are on the run, emotions are running high and finally all those fantasies have a chance to become reality.

This is the third book in Stephanie Tyler’s SEAL series, and it’s lived up to and pe
IkeaGoddess
Dec 10, 2014 IkeaGoddess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. It is actually a two in one story as there are not only Justin and Ava, but also her brother and Callie. My problem was that I found myself way more interested the story of the supporting couple than the main couple's. Both storylines are great with interesting characters and the interweave perfectly, however both are missing a bit of depth, therefore only 4 stars.
elstaffe
This was not really a romance, which surprised me, given the publisher/line. Oh, there was a hypothetical romance between the male and female protagonist (and a subplot with another romance), but there was so much plot there weren't enough pages for everything. For me, the thing that saved this from falling below 2 stars was a moment towards the end of the book (view spoiler) ...more
Julie theriault
it was good but not great second time I was reading it
Netanella
May 28, 2012 Netanella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blaze
The thing about many contemporary romance heroines these days is that they spend most of their time with their heads up their collective asses. Unfortunately this is the case with Ava, our supposedly bright ADA whose unflagging duty to her mission puts the life of her brother at risk, nearly ruins the military career of the man she supposedly loves, oh, and did I forget that she just walks all over him.

Great book except for her. Such a shame.
Yona
3.5 stars.

I liked it but not entirely. The characters were so stubborn - they are wrong but they are right in the same time and I just don't know what to think. I get angry at something and in the next moment I can't be any more because it is well explained and it was all so confusing.

But it was a nice story with a good end.
Christine
A Harlequin Blaze romantic suspense story involving a Navy SEAL on leave, asked by his best friend to watch over his sister who is in over her head in a lawsuit against some very powerful and dangerous people. It is a friends to lovers story that is exciting and almost bittersweetly romantic.
~Megan~
This one was way better than the first in Tyler's Harlequin Blaze SEALs series! This time there was actual action, and the SEAL acted like a SEAL. I enjoyed both the main romance and the secondary romance. I haven't read the second in the series yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point.
Suzanne Pierontoni
Seal number 3 is just as delicious as the first!
Wonderful series.
Great characters and story lines.
Way to go.
Krista
This was a good book !!
Connie Jones
Sep 07, 2011 Connie Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book.
Xenos
Xenos rated it it was ok
May 03, 2016
Linda Hippolyte
Linda Hippolyte rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Carmen Ezell
Carmen Ezell marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Nohemy
Nohemy marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Avi
Avi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Chris Kotrodimos
Chris Kotrodimos rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
  • The Specialist
  • Flyboy
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • Nightcap (Harlequin Blaze, #394) (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #3)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Yule Be Mine (Harlequin Blaze, #436)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Heated Rush
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read - romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner, Gus.

For more information on Stephanie, please visit www.stepha
More about Stephanie Tyler...

SEAL (3 books)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Risking It All