Start by marking “About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #1)

About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,454 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
The picture-perfect town of Trinity Harbor, Virginia, is in an uproar when Robert "King" Spencer's sensible spinster daughter takes in a modern-day Huck Finn she found hot-wiring her car. But Daisy, a spirited beauty with a tragic past, needs this orphaned 10-year-old boy to love. She's confident she can handle her bullheaded father (the self-appointed town patriarch), her ...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Mira Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about About That Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about About That Man

On Mystic Lake by Kristin HannahAlong Came Trouble by Sherryl WoodsAbout That Man by Sherryl WoodsAsk Anyone by Sherryl WoodsThe Tudor Rose by Margaret Campbell Barnes
The Most Recent Book You Have Read
1st out of 55 books — 7 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsEclipse by Stephenie MeyerMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
most read
130th out of 164 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Adriana Fogaça
Jan 06, 2014 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
The Trinity Harbor Trilogy 01
Sobre Aquele Homem
Sherryl Woods
H.C.P. Sucessos 42
2013

Não sei o que acontece, mas estou me apaixonando com muita facilidade, pelos personagens e pelas estórias que ando lendo.

Será que o meu senso critico não funciona mais?

O que fazer?

Tô em crise.

Deixando minha paranóia de lado. Devo dizer que amei este livro (tô falando!!!). Os personagens são ótimos e enredo é muito cativante.

A autora consegui desenvolver a estória de uma forma que nos prendeu totalmente a atenção.
Alyssa Edmonds
Apr 29, 2016 Alyssa Edmonds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty great! The emotions ran high and the suspense was high as well! You never knew what was going to happen during many different scenes in the book. It wasn't a tell-tale romance book and that is what I loved most about it! I've moved onto book 2 of this 3 book series. I hope it gets even better.
Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 22, 2011 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Still updating my old reads. Ugh, what a tedious task. I read this many years ago for All About Romance. The review is archived HERE .
Donna
Feb 27, 2010 Donna rated it liked it
This book was ok. It was a little hard to get into and some of the characters were a little over-written, i.e. the interfering father was a little too interfering, etc. It was more interesting by the end. Her newer books are much better.
Jul 30, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book!! There was conflict, romance, mystery and a crime.
Packed full of action and love!
Johanna
Nov 08, 2016 Johanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
Cris
Feb 11, 2014 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
É bem fácil se apaixonar pelos livros da Sherryl Woods. Eles tem tudo que eu gosto: cidadezinha bucólica, pessoas de verdade, dramas reais e homens cabeçudos.

Daisy é uma professora de cidade pequena que acolhe em sua casa um órfão de 10 anos, Tommy, que é uma peste! Desde a morte da mãe o moleque tem aprontado todas na cidade e pulado de casa em casa, o menino é praticamente um delinquente juvenil em formação. Ela acha o garoto aprontando em sua garagem e pede a guarda dele para a Assistência So
Jm
Feb 24, 2013 Jm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lorsque Daisy Spencer, fille du plus riche notable de Trinity Harbor, découvre le petit Tommy Flanagan dans son garage en train d’essayer de lui voler sa voiture, elle décide d’accueillir chez elle le jeune orphelin. En tout cas le temps que les services sociaux de la ville trouvent s’il lui reste de la famille. Même si secrètement elle rêve que Tommy demeure pour toujours avec elle car il est peut-être bien sa seule chance d’avoir un enfant à elle. Une chose est sûre, c’est que sa famille, son ...more
Anne Holly
I enjoyed this. The characters were pretty vivid and likeable, and the situation was compelling. I particularly liked the hero and heroine, and I related to both of them well. The kid was okay, if a bit surly. The writing was fine, and the dialogue was realistic and occasionally quite charming. It held my attention, and made me glad to read it.

However, I can honestly say I hated, hated, hated this frigging town. This book could not have a full HEA, in my opinion, unless it ended with them drivin
Chrissy
Jan 16, 2012 Chrissy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spare-yourself
It had the potential of a pretty good storyline, after all, the description lent me to believe it was a deeper story than it turned out to be. But, after I got to chapter 11, I had enough. Maybe its just because its not my type of book? I like books about life and overcoming, and don't mind the occasional romance, but the story seems to take a backseat to the ridiculous romance.

Daisy is a single woman in a small town who will never have children of her own. Jilted because of this revelation, sh
Kate McMurry
Jun 22, 2013 Kate McMurry rated it it was amazing
Small town adventures full of tenderness and fun!

Daisy Spencer, the repressed 30-year-old daughter of the richest man in Trinity Cove, Virginia, fears that the most important things in life have passed her by--a husband and family. Then she catches a scared, defiant, runaway orphan hot-wiring her car, and it seems like a sign from heaven. Finally someone really needs her, and she is determined to take troubled, young Tommy into her heart and home. Her family vociferously disagrees with her decis
Mirella Grace
Nov 22, 2011 Mirella Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: violet-books
Seri 1 Trinity Harbor Novel. Novel yang ngisahin perjalanan cinta 3 bersaudara Spencer...

Ceritanya so sweet... dan berhubung settingnya di Virginia yang ada di selatan US... (mungkin kita kudu bilang bagian tenggara kali yeee), yah, tau sendiri Southern US beda banget ama Northern US alias si Yankee Yankee itu...

Di Selatan Amrik kayanya tercipta suatu adat istiadat turun temurun deh. (Termasuk perbudakan tentunya). Di selatan sini, masyarakatnya lebih konservatif ketimbang di utara atas sono. C
Ronica
Sep 28, 2009 Ronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Daisy Spencer catches 10-year-old Tommy Flanagan trying to hotwire her car she instantly falls in love him. Daisy sees this as a cry for love and attention and decides to take him into her home, much to the outrage of everyone in the town of Trinity Harbor.

Walker Ames is an overworked, burned out D.C. cop, he is stunned when the news of a nephew he never had is delivered to him in the form of a phone call from social worker Frances Jackson. In order to get to know his long last nephew Walke
Jess
Aug 21, 2010 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, sherryl-woods
This is the first book in the Trinity Harbor series, and it's about Daisy. She's a 30 year old school teacher who is just getting used to being out from under her dad's thumb. She's currently the talk of the town because she took in a child whose mom recently died. The boy is labeled as out of control and a possible criminal but she knows he just needs some help. Daisy is annoyed when the boy's uncle Walker comes into town to get to know his nephew. And sparks fly between Daisy and Walker.

I real
Patty
Life has been hectic, so I can hardly concentrate on my "serious" reading. Which is why I love romances. I can read, which I need to do to unwind, but I don't have to think too much.

Sherryl Woods writes good contemporary romances. As I have said before she tackles current issues, really makes them part of her storyline, but never forgets what kind of book she is writing. Which makes the reading good for me.

This is the first volume of a series set in a part of the world that I am just learning a
Jeni
Aug 06, 2013 Jeni rated it liked it
This is a Romance novel basically about love and redemption. The heroine is a 30-year old teacher who is rebelling from the strictures of her father, her brothers & her ‘sensible’ life. She takes in a 10-year old orphan who she catches in her garage trying to hot-wire her car. The social worker tracks down the boy’s only living relative, an uncle who is a cop in DC & has relationship problems of his own. Even though the characters are rather clever & the dialogue snappy, the story ...more
Suzan
Aug 26, 2016 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. I didn't want to put this book down. The main characters grabbed me right from the start. I loved the strength of Daisy and Walker, their commitment to Tommy, and meeting Daisy's family. The Spencers are a family I can't wait to get to know better. The custody question is interesting and how the main characters grow closer while trying out how to proceed was well handled. It was really fun to watch them work together. I especially enjoyed Walker's journey to small town deputy ...more
Mum
Feb 25, 2011 Mum rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, beach-read
Once I realized when it was originally written, I was fine with the language. It was a cute, if not entirely believable story. I did like Daisy, and her focus on HER goals. Somehow a town that mean-spirited, and yet so forgiving strikes me as unbelievable. I wonder what attributes made it feel like "home," and how those overcame the constant "rush to judgement/ gossip gone berserk" syndrome of the community.
Joy Edge
Mar 24, 2015 Joy Edge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic happy ending

Sheryl woods manages to balance the cheesy Roma writing with interesting characters and situations. You feel for each person with their individual struggles. I love a series set around a group of people in a given are. Sometimes you just need a good,easy read that has a good ending. She may not win a literary award but there is much to enjoy a bout her stories
Luisa
May 16, 2011 Luisa rated it liked it
I didn't love this book. Although Bobby and Jenna feel like great persons, you get the feeling that Jenna is a screwball and isn't capable of taking on a project with the magnitude of designing and constructing the boardwalk. Then she literally has to bully Bobby into giving her the project? and all this time there are sparks flying between them? I didn't sense any of this on the book and it didn't get good for me until I was two thirds into the book. From there on, I liked it very much.
Ayu Wirdha
Covernya bagus dan percaya banget ada tempat seindah itu di Amerika bagian Selatan sana heheh. Saya malah membayangkan setting Trinity Harbor itu dengan dermaganya, sungainya, rumah besar King Spencer...wow like postcard.

Modal cumiii dari mba Grace

Note :
Ga sengaja re-read ternyata lebih bagus versi aslinya drpd terjemahannya makanya dari 2 ke 3 bintang
Just - The romance reader
Oct 08, 2012 Just - The romance reader rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, kindle
I was already a fan of Sherryl Woods but am evenmore so now. I enjoyed everything about this book from the characters to the storyline. I hope to see more of Tommy, Daisy and Walker in future Trinity Harbor novels. I have a feeling we'll see Daisy's brothers paired up with women in future stories somewhere down the line.
Jessica Leblanc
Aug 25, 2016 Jessica Leblanc rated it really liked it
Such a fun read! The characters in this book are likeable and relatable, the story keeps you engaged. I didn't want to put it down so I read it one day. Daisy and Walker encounter each other because of young Tommy, and sparks fly! This is a great read when you are looking for something light and easy, but with great descriptions and an enjoyable plot line!
Linda
Feb 24, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
This is a very heart warming story of a woman who wants children and a family so much but is unable to so she takes in a young boy who just lost his mother. Before she had a real chance to show him a stable home, the State found his uncle who did not know he existed. The storm between the wonderful teacher and the D.C. Detective is what makes this story real and exciting.
Ame
Apr 11, 2015 Ame rated it really liked it
I love love loooove this book. Bree returns home after her reputation has been diminished. She opens Flowers on Main and a new world is opened up to her. Here, at Chesapeake Shores, she faces her estranged mother and her ex-boyfriend
Judy Bagley
Jan 21, 2012 Judy Bagley rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Sherryl Woods books are like a warm blanket and a cup of hot tea....comforting. I always love her characters, and I love knowing things are going to work out. With the craziness of life, I appreciate some happy endings.
Judy
Oct 01, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the first book by Sherryl Woods that I have read and it is absolutely delightful. It is book 1 of the Trinity Harbor trilogy and I can't wait to read the other two. It is a great mix of romance and humor with a touch of mystery.
Cheryl
Apr 01, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This was somewhat predictable, but a fun and light read. I found this book similar in style to the Debbie Macomber books. This was the first of a trillogy, and I have already started the second book.
Peggy
Feb 26, 2013 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finised-books
I loved it one woman in a small town takes in a young boy who's Mom has passed away.
But what she dose not expct is to fall in love with the boys unckle.
It was funny sweet page turner for sure.
Great book.
Kara
Mar 12, 2013 Kara rated it it was ok
My feelings are mixed: easy to read and stay interested, but the fact it was so predictable...that's what earned the two stars. I liked the writing style well enough to try another book by this author. Maybe this wasn't her best work.
Pojok Romance Ind...: Sherryl Woods - THE TRINITY HARBOR TRILOGY 1 1 Jan 13, 2012 01:51AM
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Down by the River (Grace Valley Trilogy, #3)
  • Ready for Love (Ready for Romance & Ready for Marriage)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • Bossman Billionaire (Illegitimate Heirs #4)
  • Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1)
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Homeplace
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Trinity Harbor Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ask Anyone (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #2)
  • Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #3)

“I’d like to see one of those classroom cops stay objective when they find a kid’s blood splattered all over the sidewalk in front of her own house. It never gets any easier, does it?” “I don’t think it’s supposed to,” Walker said. “If we get used to it, we’re as bad as they are.” 0 likes