Start by marking “The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery” as Want to Read:

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When a world-famous shoe designer walked into his surprise birthday party and saw the cake that was waiting for him--a Manolo stiletto perched alluringly next to a tissue-filled shoebox--it was his turn to ogle someone else's talent. The cake, created by Elisa Strauss of Confetti Cakes in New York City, was a sensation. Not only did everyone at the party want to know how i ...more
Published May 2nd 2007 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Confetti Cakes Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Confetti Cakes Cookbook

Marilyn
Jan 25, 2008 Marilyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like to eat or decorate cakes
The pictures in this book are FABULOUS. Even if you don't know anything about cake decorating and just like to eat cake, you need to read this book. I learned a few new techniques and found out that I need a few more tools in my cake decorating tool box.
Purplepaperreader
This book has some amazing cakes - they're creative, beautiful and imaginative. If you're looking to actually make the cakes, and don't have an expansive background in cake design I could see the instructions being vague, the pictures too few and there are large leaps between steps.

There is a nicely detailed section at the start of the book that outlines how to construct a cake and what tools are needed, but it's the actual individual how-to pages that I find a little lacking. Instructions like
Heather
This is an awesome book. I love the coffee notes in the chocolate cake, and the vanilla cake is light and spongy. The Swiss meringue buttercream is my go-to frosting, and it may be my favorite ever. Though the decorations are quite involved, the instructions are clear and easy to follow, even for a self-proclaimed decorating amateur like myself. I made the flipflop cupcakes; they took three days (I was very slow) but wow they looked great.
Patricia
Very few real (read: non-pro bakers) would actually make this stuff.

But the photography is great, the cakes are gorgeous, and I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

I think this book would have been better as something with photos of cakes made by the author and anecdotes about why she made that cake and the occasion ecc. ecc. rather than a cookbook.
Shawna
I had so much fun with this book!! I love the fact that it gives you the recipes and instructions for all the cookies, cupcakes, and cakes. I ended up making the onsie cookies and baby block cake for a friends baby shower, and the sports cupcakes for my nephews birthday!
Melissa Schmidty -Schmidt
Extensively informative and includes stencils, designs for elaborate cookies, cupcakes and cakes, along with detailed how-to illustrations and a glossary of techniques used in the construction of the confections.
Catherine
Incredibly inspiring. Great photos and tips from the author. You have to see these cakes to believe them!
Sara
Jul 01, 2009 Sara added it
Shelves: cake
Also good, would like to have it on my shelf at home. Also has a good choc. cake recipe that I want to try.
Susan
wonderful book of tips,techniques, equipment needed, recipes....& the pictures & ideas are amazing!
Jodi
Excellent photos and step by step directions. I'm definitely inspired.
Raha
Apr 27, 2009 Raha added it
I've seen this cake designer on Food TV; her cakes are stunning!
Lisaslc44
Want to make, but can't. So I look at book and drool :)
Sally
Oh, if cakes could really turn out that pretty!
Jos
Jul 16, 2007 Jos rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cake decorators
Decorator's be prepared to be wowed!
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Princess Venise
Princess Venise marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Amadéa Marie
Amadéa Marie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Chrislin
Chrislin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Toncica Smajo
Toncica Smajo marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
  • Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse: Cupcakes, Small Cakes, Muffins, and Other Mini Treats
  • Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
  • Crazy About Cupcakes
  • Cupcakes!
  • Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague
  • Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Cooking (Sellers))
  • What's New, Cupcake? Ingeniously Simple Designs for Every Occasion
  • 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix
  • Homemade Soda
  • Whoopie Pies
  • CakeLove: How to Bake Cakes from Scratch
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • Rose's Heavenly Cakes
  • The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes From the Texas Hill Country's Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe
Confetti Cakes for Kids Confetti Cakes for Kids: Delightful Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery Confetti Cakes For Kids: Delightful Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery