Start by marking “Tenth Stone” as Want to Read:
Tenth Stone

Tenth Stone (A.D. Chronicles #10)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  447 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Yod, born in the Valley of Mak’ob, where lepers live out the end of their days, is heartbeats away from eternity in the Dying Cave. Stories abound about Yeshua of Nazareth, the miracle worker. Dare she hope for a miracle—just for her? Daniel, the rebellious son of Melchior and Esther of Ecbatana, is a great embarrassment to his family. Life is boring beyond belief, Daniel ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 15th 2009 by Oasis Audio (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tenth Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tenth Stone

Amanda
Jun 07, 2012 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed in this book. As far as stories go, it wasn't a bad one. The first several books in this series (this is number 10) were excellent, teaching so much about the history, culture, and language of the life of Jesus. The last few books have been more the made-up stories of the people who Jesus healed. While they are enjoyable to read, it was not what I was expecting or hoping for. And this one particularly disappointed me because an aspect of it almost borders on being fantasy, usi ...more
Jeni Enjaian
I have copied and pasted some of my review for the eighth book in the series since I have nothing specific to add about the individual book. I will repeat some things that I have said in previous reviews of books in this series. The latter books in the series are much better than the earlier books, specifically books four, five, and six. For Christian fiction, it's a step above the vast majority though I still have issues with aspects of the story telling.
I can't recommend these books but I don'
Mark Baker
Mar 20, 2014 Mark Baker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
The Thoene's bring back characters from earlier books to retell the story of the Prodigal Son. However, they turn their historical fiction into fantasy and kill the climax of what should have been a powerful book. I'm debating whether I will continue to read them or not.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Bill&Sue
Jan 11, 2014 Bill&Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tenth book in a 12 volume series, this book is the story of the Prodigal Son, interwoven into the story of Zaccheus from the book before! I learned the names of the ten stones of the foundation in Jewish History, and the ancient city Narda ( where the expensive Nard was produced) is the present city Fallujah!
Meadow Frisbie
Apr 07, 2010 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jewish
This was probobly my least favorite of the series.
There was only two brief encounters with Yeshua, and there were only two stories through the book. usually Thoene writes about at least three lives being entertwined. I AM looking forward to the final book, great job with all the other series!!!!
Bridg8
Jun 14, 2011 Bridg8 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story of the Prodigal Son tied in with Lilly & Cantor's story after M'akob. It wasn't my favorite out of the series. There were some good parts, but mostly I just wanted to smack the 'prodigal son'. I liked Lilly & Cantor's story, and at times got teary from parts of their story.
Kw
Aug 19, 2012 Kw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Nice to see the parable of the prodigal son woven into a broader work of fiction. I like the Thoene's imagination and their Hebrew references, plus the geography and history lessons contained in each of these novels. Good for them!
Elizabeth
I enjoyed the usual Christian background of the book but i guess i'm getting a tad tired of the story. I still really enjoy the style and the different way of looking at scriptures and incorporating it in the text
Barbara
This book is set during the lifetime of Jesus, and most of it deals with the people and events surrounding the prodigal son. Some sections are more interesting than others, but I did enjoy reading it.
Aimee-Lynn Johnson
Best book in the series, so far.
Sheila
Aug 08, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the story of Jesus' last years on earth. This one also tells the story of the prodigal son and we also learn the fate of those who were lepers and cured by Jesus. Good book.
Monica
This one took a little bit more of a turn from what the Bible says, but still an interesting interpretation of what could have happened during the time of Jesus.
Anna
Jan 18, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
God is amazing. He is a God who rescues and restores! This series is amazing! I cry my eyes out in each one of them because the mercy of God is so clearly shown.
Karen
What can I say - it was great. Love the authenticity and the storylines in the Thoenes' books. Particularly liked Cantor telling Lily about olam haba.
Felicia Rogers
Apr 28, 2011 Felicia Rogers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of the prodigal son in an interesting way. I enjoyed it.
Eric
Jan 06, 2013 Eric rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought it was good always enjoy historical fiction.
Deborah
Jun 13, 2012 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series collection.
Angie
Dec 04, 2010 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series ever!!
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jun 27, 2016
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Rachel Gibson
Rachel Gibson marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Janice Stuck
Janice Stuck rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Amber Gichard
Amber Gichard rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Bradley Wallace
Bradley Wallace is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2016
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Carla Schoonover
Carla Schoonover marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Eloise Housman
Eloise Housman rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
  • The Year of the Grizzly (Saga of the Sierras #6)
  • The Last Sacrifice
  • Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • The Scribe: Silas (Sons of Encouragement, #5)
  • Martha
  • Dark Hour
  • Footprints on the Horizon (Pine Ridge Portraits #3)
  • Among the Gods (Chronicles of the Kings, #5)
  • Crimson Cipher
  • Titus: A Comrade of the Cross
  • Arms of Deliverance: A Story of Promise (World War II Liberator #4)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

A.D. Chronicles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • First Light (A.D. Chronicles, #1)
  • Second Touch (A. D. Chronicles #2)
  • Third Watch (A. D. Chronicles #3)
  • Fourth Dawn (A.D. Chronicles #4)
  • Fifth Seal (A.D. Chronicles #5)
  • Sixth Covenant (A. D. Chronicles # 6)
  • Seventh Day (A. D. Chronicles #7)
  • Eighth Shepherd (A. D. Chronicles #8)
  • Ninth Witness (A. D. Chronicles, #9)
  • Eleventh Guest (A.D. Chronicles, #11)