Tenth Stone

Tenth Stone (A.D. Chronicles #10)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Yod, born in the Valley of Mak’ob, where lepers live out the end of their days, is heartbeats away from eternity in the Dying Cave. Stories abound about Yeshua of Nazareth, the miracle worker. Dare she hope for a miracle—just for her? Daniel, the rebellious son of Melchior and Esther of Ecbatana, is a great embarrassment to his family. Life is boring beyond belief, Daniel...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 15th 2009 by Oasis Audio (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tenth Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tenth Stone

Amanda
I was disappointed in this book. As far as stories go, it wasn't a bad one. The first several books in this series (this is number 10) were excellent, teaching so much about the history, culture, and language of the life of Jesus. The last few books have been more the made-up stories of the people who Jesus healed. While they are enjoyable to read, it was not what I was expecting or hoping for. And this one particularly disappointed me because an aspect of it almost borders on being fantasy, usi...more
Jeni Enjaian
I have copied and pasted some of my review for the eighth book in the series since I have nothing specific to add about the individual book. I will repeat some things that I have said in previous reviews of books in this series. The latter books in the series are much better than the earlier books, specifically books four, five, and six. For Christian fiction, it's a step above the vast majority though I still have issues with aspects of the story telling.
I can't recommend these books but I don'...more
Mark Baker
The Thoene's bring back characters from earlier books to retell the story of the Prodigal Son. However, they turn their historical fiction into fantasy and kill the climax of what should have been a powerful book. I'm debating whether I will continue to read them or not.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Bill&Sue
The tenth book in a 12 volume series, this book is the story of the Prodigal Son, interwoven into the story of Zaccheus from the book before! I learned the names of the ten stones of the foundation in Jewish History, and the ancient city Narda ( where the expensive Nard was produced) is the present city Fallujah!
Meadow
This was probobly my least favorite of the series.
There was only two brief encounters with Yeshua, and there were only two stories through the book. usually Thoene writes about at least three lives being entertwined. I AM looking forward to the final book, great job with all the other series!!!!
Bridg8
The story of the Prodigal Son tied in with Lilly & Cantor's story after M'akob. It wasn't my favorite out of the series. There were some good parts, but mostly I just wanted to smack the 'prodigal son'. I liked Lilly & Cantor's story, and at times got teary from parts of their story.
Kw
I loved it. Nice to see the parable of the prodigal son woven into a broader work of fiction. I like the Thoene's imagination and their Hebrew references, plus the geography and history lessons contained in each of these novels. Good for them!
Elizabeth
I enjoyed the usual Christian background of the book but i guess i'm getting a tad tired of the story. I still really enjoy the style and the different way of looking at scriptures and incorporating it in the text
Barbara
This book is set during the lifetime of Jesus, and most of it deals with the people and events surrounding the prodigal son. Some sections are more interesting than others, but I did enjoy reading it.
Sheila
Continuing the story of Jesus' last years on earth. This one also tells the story of the prodigal son and we also learn the fate of those who were lepers and cured by Jesus. Good book.
Monica
This one took a little bit more of a turn from what the Bible says, but still an interesting interpretation of what could have happened during the time of Jesus.
Anna
God is amazing. He is a God who rescues and restores! This series is amazing! I cry my eyes out in each one of them because the mercy of God is so clearly shown.
Karen
What can I say - it was great. Love the authenticity and the storylines in the Thoenes' books. Particularly liked Cantor telling Lily about olam haba.
Felicia Rogers
Story of the prodigal son in an interesting way. I enjoyed it.
Eric
Thought it was good always enjoy historical fiction.
Deborah
Love this series collection.
Angie
Best series ever!!
JoDee
JoDee marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Tina
Tina added it
Jul 27, 2014
  • Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune #2)
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
  • The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, #2)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Prophet: Amos (Sons of Encouragement, #4)
  • Choices of the Heart (The Midwives, #3)
  • Among the Gods (Chronicles of the Kings, #5)
  • The Price of Freedom (Scottish Crown, #2)
  • While Mortals Sleep
  • In the Arms of Immortals: A Novel of Darkness and Light (Chronicles of the Scribe, #2)
  • Songbird Under a German Moon
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E...more
More about Bodie Thoene...
Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1) Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3) Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2) Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4) Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)