Start by marking “The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  51,243 Ratings  ·  1,844 Reviews

How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Complete with interviews, puzzles, games, and original short stories by Rick Riordan.

Published February 10th 2009 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Files, please sign up.

Serena It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though.
Serena Among a lot of other things, three short stories one story about the stolen chariot, one about the bronze dragon, and another is the sword of Hades.

Erin
Mar 26, 2009 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-fiction
Let me preface this review by saying that I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. I recommend it to kids all the time, and have read the first four books. I did not like this little addition. I have to admit I was mightily turned off by the little Disney logo next to the Hyperion imprint. Intellectual snob? Little ole me?

Maybe the Disney thing wouldn't have left such an impression had the pictures included with the text not resembled so many a Disney character. Did Chiron have to look
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 Mario rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this so much, I loved the short stories. Gotta say that my favorite was the one with the dragon, just because it had both Percy and Annabeth in it.
Robert Chartrand
Mar 28, 2009 Robert Chartrand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: teen, fantasy
The Demigod Files is more of a companion novel to the series than actually part of the series itself...I think. The book contains various mini-bios on a few of the main characters and gods. As well as a map of the camp grounds and a few other features that are sure to please any fan of the series.
In my opinion, the biggest bonuses of the book are the three short stories that it contains. Now, I'm not sure if the stories are completely separate from the overall plot of the series and therefore ha
Tiny Mendoza
Aug 23, 2013 Tiny Mendoza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I don't know why most of my Goodreads friends rated it kinda low, but I, on the other hand really enjoyed reading it.
I loved the mini-stories, especially the one featuring the Sword of Hades. (view spoiler)
Maggie
Mar 26, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
There is a story in this book concerning the Big Three's children, Thalia, Nico, and Percy and their adventure in the Underworld that's my fave. Full of humor, danger, mythological power, and the annoying gods. This is not a necessary read following Battle of the Labyrinth but it's a must-read if you're a huge fan.
Lisa
Jan 12, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned
Actual rating: 4/5 stars

I got this for christmas from my lovely friend Patricia, thanks again! I really enjoyed it :)
Lemme just tell you: it was so nice going back into the 'early' Percy Jackson days!

description
Ah, nostalgia...

This novella takes place between the fourth and fifth book of the original PJO series and tells three short stories surrounding Percy and his friends.

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot

I'm going to give this story 3 stars, it was fun, but the plot didn't really interest me. Stol
Burning Phoenix63
Raoofa Ibrahim
May 10, 2016 Raoofa Ibrahim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light book. If you want an adventure within minutes, you should read this book.
it contains 3 stories:Ares's chariot, the bronze dragon, and the sword of Hades.
Valentina
It really helped me to understand a bit more the world of Percy Jackson, also the stories were pretty cool
isabelle
"Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea. If I'd known what was coming, I would've called in sick. I could've avoided an army of demons, a fight with a Titan, and a trick that almost got my friends and me cast into eternal darkness.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam."

The Demigod Files includes three short stories and some interviews with a few characters. All three short stories are set after The Battle of the Labyrinth and before The Last Olympian. They were fabulous. They were s
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
REVIEW TO COME...
April
Aug 31, 2013 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
"Percy, you’re a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, it is so hard?" We locked eyes. Our faces were, like, two inches apart. My chest felt a little funny, like my heart was trying to do jumping jacks. - The Demigod Files
Julie
I'll be posting reviews for all my re-reads once I've actually completed most of them so there isn't too much of a delay and I can start reading mainly new books again.
Rain Jeys
For Dusty Bookshelf Challenge 2013:
Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
Has been on my to-read list since February 2010.

This book is so worth the time and money. Sometimes it's annoying when you're a fan and you want to gobble up everything related to the series, but some of it just isn't worth it? Not here. We get three short stories, one of which actually ties in to a later book and all of which give excellent background and world-expansion. Not to mention we get a map of Camp Half Blood! I wish that map had been included at th
Ser Winterborn
Sep 19, 2013 Ser Winterborn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now I'm a huge fantasy buff and I understand the Percy Jackson books are intended for children below 12, but still, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The dialogue is terribly bad, I hate seeing the greek gods with which I grew up talking like some american teenagers. Yeah I know, this is modern, it's fast-paced, it's supposed to be an easy read for children, get them into books, but not like this. There tons of other better examples (see Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia).

This book has
Courtney
May 30, 2016 Courtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot:
This story was okay. It gave you another side of Clarisse. It also showed that the demigod/ minor god siblings are just like any other siblings.
Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon:
This story was the most boring to me. It was just their typical games with a twist.
Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades:
This one was okay as well. Nothing to special but it kept my attention.
The interviews:
These were funny. The best part of this book.
Melany
Dec 19, 2015 Melany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I really liked all the short stories in this, they adding some things to the Percy Jackson world. It was also nice to see the stories where they met Bob and Festus. My favorite story would have to be the one with Beckendorf and Silena. I thought Beckendorf and Silena and were so cute and it was nice to see Percy and Annabeth's budding romance. I also thought the interviews were great the best were the Stoll brother with their golden mango prank and Annabeth's, where she gushes about Percy and th ...more
Nərmin
Cute little read)) I enjoyed very much, it was like seeing an old friend)) Annabeth and Percy moments were sweet^^ And I am glad to read about Thaila and Nico too.
P
Nov 23, 2014 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
เลมนีประกอบดวยเรืองสัน 3 เรือง และกมีขอมูลสัมภาษณตัวละครอีกนิดหนอย

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับรถมาศึกทีถูกขโมย -
เรืองนีไมมีอะไร แคแคลรีสตามหารถมาศึกทีหายไปของแอรีสโดยมีเพอรซียคอยชวย

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับมังกรสัมฤทธิ - 1/2
เรืองนีอานแลวเฉยๆ เปนชวงทีเพอรซียอยูในคายและเผอิญไปเจอมังกรสัมฤทธิตอนแขงเกมชิงธง

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับดาบแหงฮาเดส -
เรืองนีสนุกมากในทีสุดในบรรดาสามเรือง นิโค เพอรซีย ธาเลียตองตามหาดาบของฮาเดสทีหายไป มีตัวละครโผลมาเยอะแยะเลย ทีสำคัญมีบอบขวัญใจเราโผลมาดวยแหละ 555 ตอนเราอานเลม HoH กสงสัยวาบอบไปค
Eureca Laurice
Shhhh I quietly private-read it on bookstore, but it was open and yes, they allowed to private read on that bookstore. But I miss that bookstore now, they renovated it and it became smaller and reading space where you can hangout was removed. So I have to move to a new hangout place where they allowed to private read. Buhahahah I'm cheap, I know.
And this the only Riordan book that we didn't bought. Gahh, way to expensive than normal thing, because of that glowy-shiny thing on its cover. Anyway,
Cosmic
May 10, 2016 Cosmic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5*
Ho interrotto la lettura de "il marchio di Atena" per dedicarmi a questo piccolo gioiellino extra.
Premetto che ci ho messo un po' per capire che temporalmente era dopo il quarto e non il terzo libro ma pace, credo che un piccolo typo mi abbia tratta in inganno

Detto ciò, finalmente alcune questioni sono state spiegate *cof* (view spoiler) *cof* ,la percabeth è sempre una cosa magnifica e mi mancavano davvero tanto Clarisse, Silena e Charlie <3
Vado a sdraiarmi un
✞Ƙєℓℓу✧Sтєℓℓαя Scяυтιηу✞
"Percy, you're a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, is it so hard?”

I really enjoyed this. It was a pretty short and fun read for fans of Percy Jackson and I love my Percy. The only problem I had with it, was the writing style. Strangely, it was amateur and felt rushed; nothing like Riordan's writing in the Percy Jackson novels.

When I was reading the Sword of Hades, I realized I have yet another problem when I read. I'm engrossed with pain and suffering. No, not grosse
Dion Yulianto
Jun 30, 2014 Dion Yulianto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Om Rick Riordan yang baik sudah memperingatkan di sampul belakang buku ini bahwa selalu ada konsekuensi dibalik setiap akses terhadap kekuatan besar. Para demigod atau anak-anak blasteran adalah contohnya. Terlahir dari hubungan antara dewa-dewi kuno dan manusia biasa menjadikan para blasteran sebagai anak-anak yang memiliki kekuatan super dan berbagai kelebihan yang melebihi orang-orang biasa di sekitarnya. Beberapa di antaranya mampu mengendalikan air (seperti Percy, putra Poseidon), memiliki ...more
Valerie
Apr 01, 2011 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Valerie by: Gerson
3.5 but one star up since I like Riordan.

Normally I don't go for short stories because I almost always think there is more that needs to be said after it's over. But I figured I'd give it a go since it was short and I needed something that wasn't going to take a lot of time. It has two or three short stroies, some interviews with the main characters, and pictures/profiles of our favorite characters. After watching the movie I thought indignantly that this is how I thougth the characters really l
Cielo
Feb 24, 2014 Cielo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really funny and cute, kind of a light read. I really liked this series and I didn't even know this book existed until very recently. I found it when I was trying to find "the sword of hades". I like the mini bios the best because they where the funniest. It also had a few short stories that although they aren't as good as the actual books, where kind of hilarious. I especially liked the one about Claire's chariot.
Rowena
Jun 07, 2016 Rowena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
that story with Clarisse............................................................................................................................................................ I need a moment.
Casey
Jan 05, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes Percy and his friends on many adventures to help out friends in need and not so nice gods. Will he save his friends before time runs out and at the same time stop a thief? Read this book to find out. This book also includes a inside look at Annabeth's trunk , a few intervies with 5 of the most important characters, and a look at camp half- bloods map. Read this book if you dare.

This book is fun loving adventures, that might make you jump a litte bit. This book might make you thin
Cheyenne
Aug 19, 2015 Cheyenne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! I really liked the short stories and the inside knowledge. But what I loved the most were the interview. Rick Riordan is a genius!
Kinga
Aug 15, 2015 Kinga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FUn fun fun!!!

It brought back so many memories that I'm VERY tempted to re-read the series !
Open World Learni...: The Demigod Files 1 4 Apr 26, 2015 04:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Demigod Files 4 12 Apr 23, 2015 03:21PM
Words Breathe Life: The Demigod Files 1 2 Feb 25, 2015 02:09PM
Fangirls and Fanboys: The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan --> Starting June 29th 12 17 Jul 17, 2014 10:55PM
If demigods know Jesus is not real and the worship their parents, why does percy celabrate christmas?? 4 55 May 11, 2014 10:57PM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Demigod Files 64 67 Apr 02, 2014 03:44PM
DEMIGOD FILES!!! 30 131 Nov 10, 2013 01:30PM
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • Blood Tide (Never Land, #3)
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • Oh My Gods!: A Look-It-Up Guide to the Gods of Mythology (Mythlopedia)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • Tales from the Odyssey, Part 2
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
  • Cats of the Clans (Warriors Field Guide)
  • The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

“Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam.”
465 likes
“You stood up to the dragon so Beckendorf would have his chance to jump - now that was brave."
"Or pretty stupid."