Start by marking “The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  38,478 ratings  ·  1,491 reviews

How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Complete with interviews, puzzles, games, and original short stories by Rick Riordan.

Published February 10th 2009 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Files, please sign up.

Serena It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though.

Erin
Let me preface this review by saying that I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. I recommend it to kids all the time, and have read the first four books. I did not like this little addition. I have to admit I was mightily turned off by the little Disney logo next to the Hyperion imprint. Intellectual snob? Little ole me?

Maybe the Disney thing wouldn't have left such an impression had the pictures included with the text not resembled so many a Disney character. Did Chiron have to look
Mario
I enjoyed reading this so much, I loved the short stories. Gotta say that my favorite was the one with the dragon, just because it had both Percy and Annabeth in it.
Robert Chartrand
Mar 28, 2009 Robert Chartrand rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: fantasy, teen
The Demigod Files is more of a companion novel to the series than actually part of the series itself...I think. The book contains various mini-bios on a few of the main characters and gods. As well as a map of the camp grounds and a few other features that are sure to please any fan of the series.
In my opinion, the biggest bonuses of the book are the three short stories that it contains. Now, I'm not sure if the stories are completely separate from the overall plot of the series and therefore ha
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Maggie
Mar 26, 2009 Maggie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
There is a story in this book concerning the Big Three's children, Thalia, Nico, and Percy and their adventure in the Underworld that's my fave. Full of humor, danger, mythological power, and the annoying gods. This is not a necessary read following Battle of the Labyrinth but it's a must-read if you're a huge fan.
Tiny Mendoza
I don't know why most of my Goodreads friends rated it kinda low, but I, on the other hand really enjoyed reading it.
I loved the mini-stories, especially the one featuring the Sword of Hades. (view spoiler)
Burning Phoenix63
Isabelle
"Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea. If I'd known what was coming, I would've called in sick. I could've avoided an army of demons, a fight with a Titan, and a trick that almost got my friends and me cast into eternal darkness.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam."

The Demigod Files includes three short stories and some interviews with a few characters. All three short stories are set after The Battle of the Labyrinth and before The Last Olympian. They were fabulous. They were s
Aprille
"Percy, you’re a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, it is so hard?" We locked eyes. Our faces were, like, two inches apart. My chest felt a little funny, like my heart was trying to do jumping jacks. - The Demigod Files
Julie
I'll be posting reviews for all my re-reads once I've actually completed most of them so there isn't too much of a delay and I can start reading mainly new books again.
Rain Jeys
For Dusty Bookshelf Challenge 2013:
Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
Has been on my to-read list since February 2010.

This book is so worth the time and money. Sometimes it's annoying when you're a fan and you want to gobble up everything related to the series, but some of it just isn't worth it? Not here. We get three short stories, one of which actually ties in to a later book and all of which give excellent background and world-expansion. Not to mention we get a map of Camp Half Blood! I wish that map had been included at th
Ser Winterborn
Now I'm a huge fantasy buff and I understand the Percy Jackson books are intended for children below 12, but still, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The dialogue is terribly bad, I hate seeing the greek gods with which I grew up talking like some american teenagers. Yeah I know, this is modern, it's fast-paced, it's supposed to be an easy read for children, get them into books, but not like this. There tons of other better examples (see Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia).

This book has
P.Z.
เล่มนี้ประกอบด้วยเรื่องสั้น 3 เรื่อง และก็มีข้อมูลสัมภาษณ์ตัวละครอีกนิดหน่อย

- เพอร์ซีย์ แจ็กสันกับรถม้าศึกที่ถูกขโมย - ★★★
เรื่องนี้ไม่มีอะไร แค่แคลรีสตามหารถม้าศึกที่หายไปของแอรีสโดยมีเพอร์ซีย์คอยช่วย

- เพอร์ซีย์ แจ็กสันกับมังกรสัมฤทธิ์ - ★★1/2
เรื่องนี้อ่านแล้วเฉยๆ เป็นช่วงที่เพอร์ซีย์อยู่ในค่ายและเผอิญไปเจอมังกรสัมฤทธิ์ตอนแข่งเกมชิงธง

- เพอร์ซีย์ แจ็กสันกับดาบแห่งฮาเดส - ★★★★
เรื่องนี้สนุกมากในที่สุดในบรรดาสามเรื่อง นิโค เพอร์ซีย์ ธาเลียต้องตามหาดาบของฮาเดสที่หายไป มีตัวละครโผล่มาเยอะแยะเลย ที่สำค
Valerie
Apr 01, 2011 Valerie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Valerie by: Gerson
3.5 but one star up since I like Riordan.

Normally I don't go for short stories because I almost always think there is more that needs to be said after it's over. But I figured I'd give it a go since it was short and I needed something that wasn't going to take a lot of time. It has two or three short stroies, some interviews with the main characters, and pictures/profiles of our favorite characters. After watching the movie I thought indignantly that this is how I thougth the characters really l
Cielo
Really funny and cute, kind of a light read. I really liked this series and I didn't even know this book existed until very recently. I found it when I was trying to find "the sword of hades". I like the mini bios the best because they where the funniest. It also had a few short stories that although they aren't as good as the actual books, where kind of hilarious. I especially liked the one about Claire's chariot.
Casey
This book takes Percy and his friends on many adventures to help out friends in need and not so nice gods. Will he save his friends before time runs out and at the same time stop a thief? Read this book to find out. This book also includes a inside look at Annabeth's trunk , a few intervies with 5 of the most important characters, and a look at camp half- bloods map. Read this book if you dare.

This book is fun loving adventures, that might make you jump a litte bit. This book might make you thin
Aurélie (Exploring Pages)
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages.
"If I was going to pick one person in the world to reattach my head," I said, "I'd pick you."
-- Rick Riordan, 'The Demigod Files

I'm being nothing but honest here when I say I don't want to deal with my feelings, which may have something to do with 'The Blood of Olympus'. Because I'm not ready yet to express my thoughts about the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series, it only seemed logical that I would read the only book out of all the Percy Jackson
Frankie
Dion Yulianto
Om Rick Riordan yang baik sudah memperingatkan di sampul belakang buku ini bahwa selalu ada konsekuensi dibalik setiap akses terhadap kekuatan besar. Para demigod atau anak-anak blasteran adalah contohnya. Terlahir dari hubungan antara dewa-dewi kuno dan manusia biasa menjadikan para blasteran sebagai anak-anak yang memiliki kekuatan super dan berbagai kelebihan yang melebihi orang-orang biasa di sekitarnya. Beberapa di antaranya mampu mengendalikan air (seperti Percy, putra Poseidon), memiliki ...more
Margret
Jul 09, 2009 Margret rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katrina Abad
Shelves: 2009, myths
KIEN NGUYEN
The book, Percy Jackson: The Demigod’s Files by Rick Riordan, is a book containing 3 different adventures about Percy and his friends when they are forced to face the grueling challenges. All 3 adventures are very short but don't let the size fool you, it's pretty entertaining. If that, by any means, is not enough for you, then Mr.Riordan also added a set of mini-interviews with the demigods to express their opinions and personalities.
If nothing else, this book have to be the best filler ever
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Awesome! A nice, short, and satisfying read for those of us who are waiting oh-so-impatiently for the fifth Percy Jackson book. ^_^ Exciting, funny ... everything that makes Percy Jackson so lovable.
Perco
If you've loved the Percy Jackson Series, and missed the characters so much. You surely don't want to miss this out. This book- a companion to the said series, set at the time after The Battle of the Layrinth and before the final book- will surely appeal to the fans of Rick's works. So let's talk about the contents of this book. It includes a map of Camp-Half Blood, which is good if you really want to visualize what the camp looks like. There are also interviews with some demigods, including the ...more
banner
im dying to read this i heard its about what happens between the years at camp halfblood and has 3 new short storys
Kylie
Read this companion book before you read The House of Hades. You have to meet Bob. You won't regret it!
Angelica
I'm a bit on the fence with this one.

I did like the three short stories, but not completely. I'll admit, I'm still very much sore at the artificial romance that was forced upon Percy and Annabeth, and since the stories contain suggestions towards it, I would be bound not to like them. That having been said...

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot provides an interesting and much needed deeper glance at Clarisse, daughter of Ares. It was the one I liked the best. Ever since The Lightning Thief Clar
Gretchen
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Demigod Files is a collection of short stories and other goodies by Percy Jackson author Rick Riordan. It’s a quick read and it’s very entertaining. The stories fill in some of the gaps between books, and there are also pretty color illustration, a crossword puzzle, and interviews with characters.

If you like Percy Jackson, you should definitely read this book. The first story is about Percy helping Clarisse, and I think in Last Olympian Percy talked about
Kristina
originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2...

My Thoughts: While the mini interviews and other things were interesting, I mainly picked this up for the short stories.
PJ and the Stolen Chariot: Clarisse's brothers, Deimos and Phobos, have stolen their father's chariot that Clarisse has to return before the end of the day. I tend to like Deimos and Phobos in stories and they worked in this. We get to see more of the up/downs of Percy and Clarisse's relationship.
PJ and the Bronze Drago
Amelia Amel
found this book on a bookshop and manage to took it from its shelf since it's only left 2 stock there. I bought this book spontaneously 2 weeks ago and just done this yesterday, since I got kinda misunderstanding about what time I should read this book. At first when I bought this book, I was reading The Titan Curse (the 3rd), and when I just read this Demigod Files on its 20 first pages, I thought that this book should be read after I done all the PercyJackson series. And it turned that I was w ...more
Words Breathe Life: The Demigod Files 1 1 Feb 25, 2015 02:09PM
The Nooks of Books: The Demigod Files 3 5 Nov 14, 2014 05:16PM
Fangirls and Fanboys: The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan --> Starting June 29th 12 16 Jul 17, 2014 10:55PM
If demigods know Jesus is not real and the worship their parents, why does percy celabrate christmas?? 4 44 May 11, 2014 10:57PM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Demigod Files 64 67 Apr 02, 2014 03:44PM
DEMIGOD FILES!!! 30 131 Nov 10, 2013 01:30PM
My Views on Sea of Monsters explained 1 16 Jul 27, 2013 05:07PM
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • The Scar (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)
  • Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2)
  • The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl, #0.5, #1.5)
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues,  #4)
  • Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)
  • The Chimera's Curse (The Companions Quartet, #4)
  • Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers, #2)
  • Blood Tide (Never Land Books, #3)
  • The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)
  • The Wyrm King (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

“Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam.”
419 likes
“You stood up to the dragon so Beckendorf would have his chance to jump - now that was brave."
"Or pretty stupid."
"Percy, you're a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, is it so hard?”
341 likes