Start by marking “Ancient Rome and Pompeii” as Want to Read:
Ancient Rome and Pompeii

Ancient Rome and Pompeii (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #14)

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #13: Vacation Under the Volcano,they had lots of questions. How did ancient Rome become an emipre? Where did ancient Romans go for fun? What happened to the Roman town of Pompeii? What have we le

Library Binding, 128 pages
Published April 25th 2006 by Random House Childrens Books

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Rome and Pompeii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Rome and Pompeii

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
This is one of my favorites! Thanks to this, I learned a lot about Ancient Rome and Pompeii! It'll be one of the best informative books EVER! And this is one of the two first fact-trackers I bought and read. My mom bought it to me ever since I got addicted on mythologies (especially Greek and Roman thanks to Percy Jackson and the Olympians series). The other one is Ancient Greece and the Olympics.
Feb 20, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is another informative book in the series of Research Guides (now known as Fact Trackers), companion books to the Magic Tree House stories. This book is the companion book to Vacation Under the Volcano. We have loved these books and read as many as we can get at our local library.

This book offers an in-depth look at the history and culture of ancient Rome. We learn about the politics, sports, architecture, science and many more facets of life in these times. Several famous people are featu
Tia Hall
Jul 17, 2008 Tia Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jonah, my 6 year old, is in the process of reading all of the Magic Treehouse research guides. He loves them, and now he wants to go back and read them in tandem with each Magic Treehouse book that they are in tandem with. These guides are so informative, while also being very interesting and readable. We have loved each one we have read. I think it is a great way to introduce research and self-motivated learning early. There are so many junky books out there for children and I am so glad to fin ...more
Aug 22, 2016 Marya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-series
I was hoping there would be more Pompeii and less Ancient Rome, but Pompeii only warrants a chapter in this book. That's kind of a bummer since the drama of the volcano makes such a great story. And before you disdain the violence and tragedy of the event as being inappropriate for children, note that this book did manage to contain one page summaries of Emperor Nero trying to kill his mother and Caligula being...himself.
Sep 10, 2015 Drusilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Pope Osborne's research guides are fabulous books for children. The research guides each accompany Osborne's Magic Treehouse books. Information presented in an interesting format but simply truly pique childrens' interest. These books are written in a format so that early elementary students enjoy having the books read to them while upper elementary students enjoy reading the books themselves. Highly recommend!
Aug 04, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ancient Rome and Pompeii is an excellent research guide!! (Fact Tracker #14) Roman war machines, famous and infamous Romans, gladiators, gods and goddesses, Mt.Vesuvius and the demise of Rome are samplings of the subjects covered.

Clever illustrations by Sal Murdocca. This book also suggests other non fiction sources about Rome and Pompeii: software, CD-ROMS, books, videos, DVDs and museums!
Mar 02, 2010 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before I read this book I would have never gust how mean Rome's enper's were kill or they coumoed seoiced. The Rome pluming setem really was supthing I most say. The next time some boud tell's you the ever ting will be all right you tell them that just wout the enper of Rome sed the day befoer Rome fell.
It has been years since I read Vacation Under the Volcano with my daughter, but this non-fiction companion was a nice refresher for us to read with our Ancient History text book. Filled with tons of interesting facts, photos, illustrations, and chronological information about the rise and fall of the Roman Empire; elementary and junior high age students will love and benefit from.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I thought this was a good, comprehensible study for kids on Rome. There are a lot of interesting and fun facts. I did feel that the section on important people could have been expanded a little, but that is my only criticism.
Jun 15, 2016 Keshia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have several of these Fact Tracker books in my classroom library. I really enjoyed this one, because I learned quite a bit of new information. I've always been interested in Pompeii especially, so learning more about it was awesome. The book gave me lots of ideas for writing prompts as well!
Agnes Budianto
This book doesn't contain as much information as Titanic, but this book is really simple that is really suitable for young readers / learners.
Joshua Sheldon
Jan 24, 2013 Joshua Sheldon rated it liked it
Shelves: learning-books
I am at page 77 and it is pretty good, but I was not THAT interested. I liked the part about the Gladiators and famous Romans. I also like the part that the book teaches you Latin.
Kara Moore
I was always interested in the history of Rome that I decided to read this book. I like learning the history of people and places so this series is a good series to read, no matter what the age
Amara rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Sep 07, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
the historical and information used to make the magic tree house books
Lia Robinson
Lia Robinson rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Abby rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2011
Daniel A↓↑ A↓↑
Daniel A↓↑ A↓↑ rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Tiffany Gonda
Tiffany Gonda rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Victoria McGill
Victoria McGill rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Karen rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Iman Douah
Iman Douah rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
=== rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2009
Kaiton rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2011
Kevin Zheng
Kevin Zheng rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Eden rated it liked it
May 30, 2008
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Thomas Macinnes
Thomas Macinnes rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Shantanu rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2009
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • The Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War
  • Thomas Edison: Young Inventor
  • The Last Quest of Gilgamesh (The Gilgamesh Trilogy, #3)
  • A More Perfect Union: The Story of Our Constitution
  • The Pilgrims' First Thanksgiving
  • Why Don't You Get a Horse, Sam Adams?
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be Cleopatra!: An Egyptian Ruler You'd Rather Not Be
  • American Tall Tales
  • In Search of a Homeland : The Story of the Aeneid
  • Roman Diary: The Journal of Iliona of Mytilini: Captured and Sold as a Slave in Rome - AD 107
  • Starry Messenger: Galileo Galilei
  • I, Galileo
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever
  • Encyclopedia Mythologica: Fairies and Magical Creatures Pop-Up
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Appointment with F.E.A.R. (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #18)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)