Start by marking “Imran Khan” as Want to Read:
Imran Khan

Imran Khan

The definitive biography of Imran Khan, the former Pakistan cricket captain and all-rounder—the Oxbridge graduate and vociferous campaigner; the devout Muslim whose kaleidoscopic social life flooded the gossip columns; the man who raised $60 million for cancer research and who is now one of the most important political figures in Pakistan. On one thing, Imran Khan's friend ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by HarperCollins UK (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Imran Khan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imran Khan

Sheokhanda
Jul 04, 2012 Sheokhanda rated it really liked it
I always have been fascinated by the world of Imran Khan. Therefore when I fell upon this book while browsing through a bookshop, I had to own it and read it, in the due process.

It gave me an insight into his childhood days. His cousin whose word,Imran Khan trusted like anything. Then his mother was not interested in sending him abroad, but he went there like his cousins. At first it took him time to adjust but then soon he became a "Rockstar". In short a rage among young white British girls (so
Aleeeeeza
Mar 12, 2012 Aleeeeeza rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
it's hard for me to judge this book based on how it was written. firstly, i only skimmed bits of it, since i only wanted to know some more stuff about imran khan. who, by the way, happened to be one of my, like, biggest heroes ever. after reading this book i've never looked at him the same way. how's that for an enlightening biography?
Mayank
Jul 24, 2012 Mayank rated it liked it
Imran Khan - Humanising Contradictions.
Imran Khan comes as a different person to different people: Proud; Inspiring; Arrogant; Obsessive; Stubborn; and even Hypocrite. He qualifies as a natural leader and probably the greatest all-rounder of his times.
More than a sports biography, this well-researched book covers almost every aspect of life: his family background, his emergence in cricket and subsequent graduation to being the greatest all-rounder in the game, his love-hate relationship with th
Maham
Jan 16, 2015 Maham rated it it was amazing
Go nawaz go
Sami Naik
May 28, 2016 Sami Naik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographies
Right-Arm… Over The Wicket… Off Cutter… Bowled!!!!!!!!

Batsman was yet to understand when did the ball released from hand and when did it reached the stumps, all he realized was off the gloves, bat pressed in wet armpit and there was the pavilion.

Off you go… Better luck next time… Give my love to your sister…

Shall I say cricket playboy? Shall I say every dream girl’s HBK?

When he was bowling with a breathtaking run-up, he looked like Tony Montana firing ‘Say Hello To My Little Friend’.

Born in Laho
Khushnuma
Jul 07, 2017 Khushnuma rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy it much. The book is more on his cricket field than his personal life.
Intikhab
Jun 01, 2010 Intikhab rated it liked it
Christopher Sandford hardly left any aspect of his subject's life unattended. "Imran Khan" provides a deep look into the personal and political life of Pakistan Cricket team's former captain. It is not a biography. It is more than that. It is a book about Pakistan, its politics, culture, and society. It tells the story of Imran Khan: greatest Pakistani sportsman of all ages, a great philanthropist, a politician, and a man with tremendous appeal for the opposite sex. A nice book to read and enjoy ...more
Rahim
Jul 02, 2016 Rahim rated it it was ok
My review may not be a true reflection of the book as I read only a bit of it. Imran Khan, no doubt is a great person. Cricket is only one aspect of his diverse personality. I picked the book as I wanted to know more about him as a person and a leader. However, the book is almost completely revolving around his cricket career. I also found the writing style difficult.
I hope people more interested in the cricket career of this great person will find this book useful.
Amad
Mar 28, 2013 Amad rated it liked it
An amazing biography on Pakistan's most famous cricketer Imran Khan. The book revolves around two key traits of the Khans, and that is 'revenge' and 'pride'. Whenever somebody told Imran Khan that you cannot do it, he would make it a point to prove the person wrong. And being honest, he would ensure that he works hard to reach the top. He never preferred to take short cuts as short cuts were only temporary.
Amit
Jun 05, 2016 Amit rated it liked it
A decent read spanning the many lives of Imran Khan. An extraordinary fast bowler, a superlative captain and a charismatic individual. This book showcases his complex life, marked by iconic sporting success and an equally disappointing political afterlife, in a just manner.
Bill
Mar 01, 2011 Bill rated it really liked it
Another revealing bio, though his ego seems to obscure some events.
Tanvir
Oct 13, 2013 Tanvir rated it really liked it
Amazing book! Well I should rather say amazing life story. Man, this guy was quite something.
Himadri  Joshi
Aug 10, 2016 Himadri Joshi rated it liked it
For anyone who wants to know about The King of Swing especially in view of all the balderdash in media about him.
Jahangir
imran khan the great man
Akbar Khan
Akbar Khan rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Asif Hussain
Asif Hussain rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2013
Ankit Wadhwa
Ankit Wadhwa rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Shahroz Javed
Shahroz Javed rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Arsalan
Arsalan rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Mahnoor
Mahnoor rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Shahwaleed Butt
Shahwaleed Butt rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Abdulrehman
Abdulrehman rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Haricharan Praveen
Haricharan Praveen rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2012
Siddharth
Siddharth rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Nehal Singh
Nehal Singh rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Serwar
Serwar rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Azeem
Azeem rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Salman
Salman rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Rida Rashid
Rida Rashid rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Rushikesh Pednekar
Rushikesh Pednekar rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2014
  • True Colours: My Life
  • Ponting: At The Close Of Play
  • George B. McClellan: The Young Napoleon
  • Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
  • Antarctic Tears: Determination, adversity, and the pursuit of a dream at the bottom of the world
  • The Diaries of John Dee
  • Wheels for the World: Henry Ford, His Company, and a Century of Progress
  • My Life on the Plains: Or, Personal Experiences with Indians
  • Tecumseh: A Life
  • Lee The Last Years
  • A Confederate Girl's Diary
  • Diary of Samuel Pepys - Complete
Christopher Sandford has published acclaimed biographies of Kurt Cobain, Steve McQueen, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, and Roman Polanski. He has worked as a film and music writer and reviewer for over 20 years and frequently contributes to newspapers and magazines on both sides of the Atlantic. Rolling Stone has called him "the preeminent author in his field today."

His
More about Christopher Sandford...