Start by marking “Italian Country Cooking: The Secrets of Cucina Povera” as Want to Read:
Italian Country Cooking: The Secrets of Cucina Povera

Italian Country Cooking: The Secrets of Cucina Povera

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews

Italian Country Cooking is about the real food of Italy. It is about cucina povera, the name Italians give to traditional cooking, the kind that is more likely to be found in humble trattorias, homes and farmhouses than in fancy restaurants.

As cookbook author Loukie Werle explains, cucina povera has no adequate translation–it can mean “poor cook” or “country food”–but it t

Published December 31st 2008 by Metro Books

To ask other readers questions about Italian Country Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Italian Country Cooking

minervasowl
Although I spend quite a bit of time reading and daydreaming about France and Paris when it comes to food (especially cheese), wine, fashion, art, history and scenery, when I read a book like this, I think that Italy might be the way to go instead. Not that I haven't also long been a fan of Italian food, wine, fashion, history, art and scenery, but the daydreams are usually about Paris and France.

The first section of the book is devoted to pasta, probably my second favorite food after cheese, an
Anne-Marie Bonnette
My favorite cookbook of all time. The tiramisu recipe is to die for! And I don't even tend to like tiramisu.
Herman
My favourite and most used Italian cook book. The recipes are simple, relatively easy to make, and work beautifully. The author clearly has a great knowledge and respect for Italian food.
Dianna
I tried several recipes from this book and all were quite serviceable.
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Alicia Diaz
Alicia Diaz marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Rick
Rick added it
Jan 02, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Keri
Keri added it
Aug 26, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jaimi
Jaimi marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Mekay
Mekay is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2014
Elaine Searle
Elaine Searle marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Catherine Johnson
Catherine Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Amanda Pomeroy
Amanda Pomeroy marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Cheyanna
Cheyanna marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Ingredients Trattoria Pasta Italian Country Cooking: The Secrets of Cucina Povera (Food and Mood) Saffron, Garlic & Olives Australia's Big Cheap Cookbook