Start by marking “Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)

Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers #4)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  23,365 Ratings  ·  1,019 Reviews
After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. "Now." And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses--the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry s
Published August 1st 2006 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Scandal in Spring, please sign up.

Cs No, because Cam gets himself a great lady in the Hathaway series. If you haven't read them, you are missing another great series.

Auntee
Aug 16, 2010 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Recommended to Auntee by: Eastofoz
I loved this story! Maybe it was because I approached it with lower expectations, since everyone has said it's not as good as the first three Wallflower books, or maybe it was because LK is such a fabulous storyteller, and made me fall in love with the characters...but who cares--I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thinking back on the other Wallflowers stories, maybe Scandal In Spring doesn't quite have all the drama, or even the passion (although Daisy and Matthew were passionate enough for me) of the oth
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Book 4 in the Wallflower series finds Daisy Bowman, the only wallflower yet unwed, being faced with an ultimatum: Find a suitable husband by the end of May, or be forced to wed a man of her father’s choosing. Who is that man? Matthew Swift, Thomas Bowman’s protégé and the last person on the planet that Daisy would ever consider marrying.

Matthew Swift learns about the marriage ultimatum from Daisy herself. While he has secretly adored her for years, there are skeletons in his closet that would th
Susanne
I'll just say I agree on everything the third time around. I cried and laughed just as much as the first two reads.

description

Updated review after second reread 3/27/13

Oh my freaking god - this book is so amazing! This was the second time around, and if anything I loved it more! I truly love the Wallflower series and this book is my favorite. If I could only read one romance novel ever again, then I would pick this one.

I loved the writing, the humor, the plot, well everything! If I could, I would have hig
Jill
Oct 13, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

'Father, wouldn't it be wonderful if hummingbirds had tea parties and we were small enough to be invited?'
Daisy

description

A lovely romance between a whimsical dreamer and an ambitious, pragmatic businessman. A wonderful story, a hint of mystery, touches of humour and love scenes (mostly) devoid of purple prose. The best in the series.

Steam: 2.5-3
Robin (Bridge Four)
Daisy is the most fanciful of all the Wallflowers. She is forever with her head stuck in a book and thinking random thoughts.
“When he had explained why investors who wanted low risk and moderate returns should put their capital into national debt shares, Daisy had interrupted him by asking, “Father, wouldn’t it be wonderful if hummingbirds had tea parties and we were small enough to be invited?”

Matthew on the other hand is dependable with two feet firmly on the ground and pockets full of solu
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Lady of Desire (Knight Miscellany, #4)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

Wallflowers (6 books)
  • Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)

“Most lives are not distinguished by great achievements. They are measured by an infinite number of small ones. Each time you do a kindness for someone or bring a smile to his face, it gives your life meaning. Never doubt your value, little friend. The world would be a dismal place without you in it. (tweaked version of a passage from Scandal in Spring)” 170 likes
“To put to rest any doubts you might have… I’m jealous of every man who comes within ten feet of you. I’m jealous of the clothes on your skin and the air you breathe. I’m jealous of every moment you spend out of my sight” 66 likes