Start by marking “Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel, #2)

Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  920 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Priceless artifact sparks a quest to keep untold power from the wrong hands...

Rumors of the discovery of Solomon's Jar--in which the biblical King Solomon bound the world's demons after using them to build his temple in Jerusalem--are followed with interest by Annja Creed. An archaeologist intrigued by the arcane, Annja pursues the truth about the vessel and its ancient or
Published December 1st 2007 by Worldwide Library Rogue Angel (first published September 12th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Solomon's Jar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solomon's Jar

Tim Mayer
The Rogue Angel series continues with Solomon's Jar. In this episode, It begins with Annja Creed outrunning mercenaries in South America. The novel opens with her archaeological research in an isolated village near the Amazon. Men With Guns show up and threaten to kill the entire village unless they reveal Annja's location. Before the desperadoes can get to work, Annja summons her sword and swings into action. Plus points for coming up with the most disgusting mercenaries this side of the Katang ...more
Shelly
This seemed more disjointed then the first book in the series. At times I wondered how Annja knew where to go next on her quest because there would not be information given. She'd be one place. Something would happen. Then she'd be at another location with no explanation of how she knew that's where she needed to be.
Dianne Owens
Given my appreciation for the first book in the series and desire to read an action/adventure with mild supernatural themes, I figured that it was time to read the second Rogue Angel book.

GIST
Annja Creed has been the newest avatar of good for the past few months, but is still getting used to the workload associated with her destiny. When she learns that a bunch of morally questionable folk (including some nasty demons) are looking for King Solomon's Jar, the means to bind demons to one's will,
Casia Courtier
Okay, I was actually very disappointed with this one. Rogue Angel is a series of scifi/fantasy books that come bimonthly. It's kind of like the scifi/fantasy version of a Harlequin romance only you get the same main character and a different adventure with every book. I read the first book, Destiny, and fell in love with the female archaeologist sword weilding badass. Seriously, she's like modern day Joan of Arc meets Lara Croft meets Indiana Jones. Pretty badass.

Well, this book was a bit more b
Talizmyn
Solomon's Jar begins on a stronger note than the first book, and a lot of that is due to having the groundwork already prepared, from the first novel. The writing quality may have taken a few steps up, as well, but that could easily be my own imagination. There is definitely more focus on describing locations, but that's taken almost to excess as well. (It's just not that interesting.) I also want to note that this sequel is a bit more graphic when it comes to violence, than the first novel - th ...more
Mai-ana
Oh why did I read this book. EVERY chapter her life is threatening and she has to fight her way out, and of course she is able to do even when attacked by more than one person holding a gun because they don't take aim! Worse one is when she is being attacked on the boat by a 'demon' possessed model who is a martial arts expert. Surely the noise of the fight would have caused the other person on the boat to come and investigate, but oh no that didn't happen. *apparently he was jumping off the boa ...more
Robin
Yes, yes, yes, it's predictable. Yes, yes, yes, it's fluffy and full of fighting and a fair to middling level of violence. No, it's not always believable and no, it's not a meticulously researched piece of historical or archeological fiction.

It's not supposed to be, nor does it make any claims to be and critiquing it for being what it is is akin to going to MacDonalds and giving the Big Mac and fries a bad review for not being flawlessly prepared sirloin.

Really?

This is only the second instalme
Karen
I'm finding it hard to believe that she can't seem to go anywhere without having someone try and kill her. I don't think there is a single location in the entire course of this book that she left without some fight forcing her to disappear before the authorities arrive. The fight sequences are very detailed and imaginative and she seems to get as much as she gives in some of them so it's not like she's this awesome fighter that no one can beat, it's just that she spends so much of the book doing ...more
Rogue Angel: Solomon's Jar is the second book in the Rogue Angel series, which is written by a team of authors known as Alex Archer under the Harlequin label. At the time of this writing, there are 43 books in the Rogue Angel series - quite the fruitful reading journey if you enjoy series!

In Rogue Angel: Solomon's Jar, Annja Creed (who is Joan of Arc's descendant, or successor) is on a mission to track down the real Solomon's Jar, of which rumors had said it was last spotted somewhere in the Mid
Ruthie Cynside
I mainly read this book because I liked the first one so much. Scenes from the first book was like stepping back in time and watching Buffy on TV for the first time.
I know, I know, a LOT of people say the series was awful; you'd wonder though, where are all the people who used to watch it? Well, I was one of them, and I enjoyed it - - well, some seasons were good, others were downright deplorable. But I was a teen, and you know what they say: the young have terrible taste. But they certainly kn
Joy
I know it's not PC to say a book appeals to a gender but I really think the reason the stars are so low with female reviewers is that this is a female hero written for a male audience. Annja is very much a Lara Croft without the money and gadgets.

Except for the magic sword of Joan of Arc she doesn't have a were-animal/vampire boyfriend and she doesn't go gun blazing with some supernatural every other chapter or fall into bed with one. There ARE a lot of gun battles (which I found too predictable
Mailis Viiand
It was not that bad, but i wanted it to be so much more. When the last book was surprisingly free of theological philosophy, this one seemed to enjoy mulling over it. The action became a little bit predictable in fight sequences and in gory details. After about fifth arm that got severed by Annja i was rooting for her to go for a leg or something, you know to mix it up a bit. The guts and blood were flying all over the place, to put it mildly. Now after reading Laurell.K. Hamilton i consider mys ...more
Ithlilian
I thought this series had everything: mystery, action, intrigue, and strong characters. I couldn't have been more wrong. Solomon's Jar is full of action, and that is it. There is a plot, but it is so thin it can barely be considered a plot. Solomon's Jar surfaces, the main character goes to find it and keep it safe. Along the way people try to kill her. That's it. No mystery about ancient civilizations, no character growth, just one long chase scene. I was bored from the first 5 page long action ...more
Sandra
Really 3.5*

This story, the second in the series, read just like a big action hero movie script.

Solomon's Jar was set in multiple countries, with a huge body count and a mysterious heroine, Annja Creed, who can call upon a mystical sword that once belonged to Joan of Arc.

We also had multiple bad guys trying to kill her and the Assistant, Aidan Pascoe, she picks up along the way after saving his life several times.

Everyone's after Solomon's Jar, the fabled jar that King Solomon used to seal in De
Cindy
I'm enjoying this series. A lot of adventure and suspense. A HINT of romance and a bit of religion. Not a lot of religion or I'd probably not read it. Definitely keeps my attention.
Toni Wulfekuhl
"A Movie in your MInd"
Indy Jones/Joan of Arc

With the help of her enigmatic mentor, a centuries-old man named Roux, Creed sets off to verify if the Jar -- believed to be forever lost at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea -- was in fact recovered. Following leads from Peru to the Netherlands to Israel to Brazil, Creed struggles to stay one step ahead of gun-toting factions (including Russian mobsters, English cultists, and the fanatical followers of a charismatic kabbalist) bent on finding and ex
Jillian
I listened toy he graphic audiobook version of this book and have to highly recommend it. The story sucked you in for a complete escapism adventure. The production of the graphic novel enabled you to totally absorb yourself into the story.
Sassy Curls
Annja Creed is an incredible force. Drama and non-stop action. A modern day female Indiana Jones.
Keziah Wallis
While less enjoyable than the first book, this book did delve more deeply into the issue of what Annja is and what her powers relate to. The introduction of biblical/Jewish mythology and legend as well as the constant travel sort of numbed the story a bit. I felt a little too bogged down in everything that was going on, and the issue brought up about the incident in Tel Aviv sort of left me with a slightly sour taste in my mouth. I'd like some proof the Annja does believe that good transcendes r ...more
Anya
It's ok to read. Not one of his best books in the series about Annja Creed the adventurous and sexy archeologist. 3 of 5 stars for the excitement in the last chapters.
Thenia
Entertaining, as all Graphic Audio productions tend to be, bringing the story alive.

Action packed and fast paced Solomon's Jar follows Annja Creed on another adventure, from Jerusalem to Greece to Rio de Janeiro. We revisit some of the characters in the previous book and meet a few new ones on the way, friends and enemies, both.

Sometimes the background music was a liiittle too much, but all in all the actors did a pretty good job narrating.

Fun series!
Christy

Ugh! This was awful! Terrible writing, editing or both. No continuity, it jumped from locale to locale & from clue to clue without much if any explanation, it was so hard to folllow. Then bam! Right near the end a tryst without any sexual tension or much of an attraction for the first 3/4 of the book! Really? Such a disappointment after the first book. I'm going to read #3 & the decide whether to finish this series or not.
Mickey Reed
These books are entertaining enough at work, and with the sound effects they are even more so, but I don't think I'd pick up one of these to read it. It's too complex for me, and I don't mean difficult to understand; there is just so much going on with them! And Annja is bad ass but I don't completely like her. And she gets into weird situations. I don't know.. I'm also not paying the closest attention to them, so we'll see. On to #3!
April Parrish
I was startled when Annja pulls Joan of Arc's sword out of thin air at the beginning of the book but then realized that it was the second book in a series. It turned out to be a great book. I enjoyed enough that I read the first book Destiny and it made more sense of how Annja came to possess Joan's sword. This is now my favorite archaeology series and I look forward to reading the rest of the books.
Nicole Cadet
Not a great follow up to the first book. The premise is kind of a cross between Indiana Jones, Witchblade & Relic Hunter so the series has a lot to play with. Unfortunately this book which focused on Solomon's Jar, was a struggle to read. Dialogue was awkward, romance was seriously unromantic and could have been ditched, and the story kind of jumped all over the place.
Mandi
Loved the first book, but this one almost lost me. The story seems a bit scattered and disjointed. Very disappointing after the promise the first book showed, so took me awhile longer to read..this was definitely not a book I had trouble putting down once I started. Moving on to the 3rd hoping it is more like the first, but no longer sure I will finish the series.
Athena Braun
King Solomon's jar is believed to have been found and a fishing boat's crew was murdered.Did someone murder them to take possession of the priceless artifact? I felt this story was much more violent than others I have read in this series..

Tsipporah talking to Annja-"U have to choose between right and wrong..every minute of every day."pg.280
Heather Willson
The author had the heroine jumping from locale to locale with minimal transition or purpose that I got irritated at the interruptions. On several occasions I even felt the heroine was just "too much." There is a marked difference between the author's early works and her later works, and I favor her later works.
Chompa
Mar 04, 2008 Chompa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lawyers and child molesters
Wow... this was bad. Really, really, really bad. This was obviously a book by committee. It jumped from one area to another without explaining why they were going to another country/city or whatever was happening. I am amazed I finished it. I can only say that it was a thankfully short read.
Lyly
Very tough going but I finished the book. The beginning was very slow and boring, the middle was so so and the end was packed with adrenaline and action. In the end I would say the book was a good read if you have the patience to make it through the beginning and middle.
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5)
  • Clan Daughter (Queen of the Orcs, #2)
  • Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3)
  • Phenomenal Girl 5 (Elite Hands of Justice, #1)
  • Curse the Dark (Retrievers, #2)
  • Shadows in the Darkness (Changeling Detective, #1)
  • Cold Moon Rising (A Tale of the Sazi, #7)
  • A Call to Arms
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • The Second Empire (The Monarchies of God, #4)
  • Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1)
  • Darker Angels (The Black Sun's Daughter, #2)
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
  • Wraith (Zoe Martinique, #1)
  • Ravenor
  • X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2)
  • Grave Sins (Cin Craven, #2)
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...

Rogue Angel (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)
  • The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3)
  • The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4)
  • Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)
  • God of Thunder (Rogue Angel #7)
  • Secret of the Slaves (Rogue Angel #8)
  • Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Rogue Angel #10)
  • Provenance (Rogue Angel #11)
Destiny (Rogue Angel #1) The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3) The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4) Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5) The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)